Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Behave, I've got no money and a shit lifestyle yet I'm just as fucking nasty on the pitch when things aren't going my way.

Maybe I haven't seen the Premier league morality table, or maybe it doesn't exist, either way I'm not bothered if we're not top. Naughty shit happens on the pitch some blatant, some not so, but Dele isn't the first player to take a lump out of someone and he won't be the last. Do I think we as Spurs should have players who wouldn't do such a thing? No. I don't care to take the moral high ground, it doesn't win you games.

Dele knows his mistake cost us and he knows he let the team down, that's his punishment right there, so fuck any prissy little cockwomble who wants to drop him / fine him / impose any other sort of extra punishment.

:troll:

[late spoiler]

Just rewatched the challenge. Horrendous.

Disagreed as I just re watched it and don't think it is as bad as I first thought, got texted a picture of it during half time at the game, but honestly after seeing it again don't think it is as bad as I first thought, deserves a red YES, but seen a lot worse against us this season even that escaped even a red.....
let's forget it and move on, I'm hoping dele will want to make up for his sending off by scoring a brace on Sunday!

Disagreed as I just re watched it and don't think it is as bad as I first thought, got texted a picture of it during half time at the game, but honestly after seeing it again don't think it is as bad as I first thought, deserves a red YES, but seen a lot worse against us this season even that escaped even a red.....
let's forget it and move on, I'm hoping dele will want to make up for his sending off by scoring a brace on Sunday!
The Gent player should thank his lucky stars his leg isn't snapped in two right now

The Gent player should thank his lucky stars his leg isn't snapped in two right now
Swansea-Citys-Neil-Taylor-catches-Tottenhams-Kyle-Walker-in-the-face-with-his-foot.jpg

tottenhams_kyle_walker_in_action_267081.jpg

Are you trying to defend Dele's actions by showing these pictures? It's not working.

It was a horribly reckless challenge and Dele was looking at the guy's leg the entire time. He knew what he was doing and it was stupid.

He is spurs mate, so of course I will defend him, I ain't gonna cunt him off as he made a stupid decision, end of discussion!
He deserved a red, he got a red, what more is there to it, no doubt you would love to see him dropped or given a 12 match ban for PL games included. And no I'm not trying to defend his actions, as he made a bad tackle and he got sent off, nothing to defend the punishment fits the crime, but as you can see from the pictures a lot worse happens to SPURS players, and cunts like ya self just accept it..... but as soon as ONE OF OUR OWN makes a red card tackle it's let's drop him.... :dembelefingers:

He is spurs mate, so of course I will defend him, I ain't gonna cunt him off as he made a stupid decision, end of discussion!
He deserved a red, he got a red, what more is there to it, no doubt you would love to see him dropped or given a 12 match ban for PL games included. And no I'm not trying to defend his actions, as he made a bad tackle and he got sent off, nothing to defend the punishment fits the crime, but as you can see from the pictures a lot worse happens to SPURS players, and cunts like ya self just accept it..... but as soon as ONE OF OUR OWN makes a red card tackle it's let's drop him.... :dembelefingers:

I'm also thinking there is a major overreaction here like you say deserved a red got a red draw a line move on.

Bullshit, he meant to do it. Thin is spot on, his punishment for this is IF we get into the Champions League, he'll be sitting on the bench while we're potentially playing at stadiums like Nou Camp or Parc de Princes.

I said it was a horrendous challenge (which it was, a potential leg break) and you disagreed. Don't get all personal because I disagreed with you. I even said early in the thread that his punishment should not be a team league ban but his punishment will be when he's forced to sit on the bench in Europe next year during the group stage. I never said let's drop him, so you're basically off your rocker right now overreacting.

Have you ever considered that things can look worse than they are? It was bad, but why should he thank his lucky stars his leg didnt snap.

Using the logic that he started the game supposedly already injured on that leg, and 10 minutes prior to Allis challenge he went down after a challenge looking like he needed the stretcher (funnily enough when we was on the counter)

Low and behold, he was fine and played on. Then the Alli challenge on the same leg.......and he's able to play on.

Instead of thanking his lucky stars, maybe more Spurs fans should be thinking "I guess contact couldnt have been as hard as it looked"....

Again. He played on....how fucking bad was it. Red was deserved, but why the outrage for the Gent faker, fuck him.

Have you ever considered that things can look worse than they are? It was bad, but why should he thank his lucky stars his leg didnt snap.

Using the logic that he started the game supposedly already injured on that leg, and 10 minutes prior to Allis challenge he went down after a challenge looking like he needed the stretcher (funnily enough when we was on the counter)

Low and behold, he was fine and played on. Then the Alli challenge on the same leg.......and he's able to play on.

Instead of thanking his lucky stars, maybe more Spurs fans should be thinking "I guess contact couldnt have been as hard as it looked"....

Again. He played on....how fucking bad was it. Red was deserved, but why the outrage for the Gent faker, fuck him.
Outrage? Hardly. The challenge looked horrible to me. Didn't look horrible to you? Great.

End of story.

Outrage? Hardly. The challenge looked horrible to me. Didn't look horrible to you? Great.

End of story.
I haven't seen one person say it was ok. It was late & high. Deserved a red, & got a red. But it's all getting a bit dramatic to say "what if"? He got up & played on whilst Alli took an early bath.

He paid the price for a reckless tackle. And that's all really.

Redknapp, Jenas, and Hoddle all agree it was a terrible challenge - a "lost it in the head" moment.
Seeing as you don't want the club to ignore it, what are you expecting the club to do? What do you want the club to do, what punishment does he deserve?
Bollocks mate. "keeps happening" what?! He is nothing like Gazza, I see zero similarities, absolutely completely two different people, two different personalities. The only thing they share is they are(were) two highly competitive sportsmen.
Seeing as you don't want the club to ignore it, what are you expecting the club to do? What do you want the club to do, what punishment does he deserve?

Poch is saying it isn't his fault. Sorry it is his fault. We went through the same nonsense with Gazza.

My penalty? Ban him for six games and set him up with a therapist. The boy is not right in the head.

And no more playing with his best mate Eric until he has learnt his lesson.

That challenge was fucking disgusting, it was the worst challenge Ive seen by a Spurs player since 91.

Throw the book at him, make him grow up, don't make excuses just because he is young and a spurs player. He is turning into a petulant shit and Pochs reaction is desperate....

The wheels are falling off again.

Leg injuries (and definitely breaks) always look far more sick-inducing than they actually are at the moment they happen because the leg actually has a quite surprising capacity to bend in ways you wouldn't expect it to when it gets hit by something like, say, a studded boot with a lot of power.

That said, Dele's tackle was a certain red and so petulant and stupid. Completely unnecessary and whether it cost us the game? I suppose we'll never know but it definitely didn't help. However, I've got over it now. I'm sure he is also aware of all this and I hope it's something he learns from. It's not like he's the first player his age to lash out and do stupid things when frustrated, he was definitely having a moment there. If he's still doing it in his mid-30s like Joey Barton then it's a different matter.

Redknapp, Jenas, and Hoddle all agree it was a terrible challenge - a "lost it in the head" moment.

Poch is saying it isn't his fault. Sorry it is his fault. We went through the same nonsense with Gazza.

My penalty? Ban him for six games and set him up with a therapist. The boy is not right in the head.

And no more playing with his best mate Eric until he has learnt his lesson.

That challenge was fucking disgusting, it was the worst challenge Ive seen by a Spurs player since 91.

Throw the book at him, make him grow up, don't make excuses just because he is young and a spurs player. He is turning into a petulant shit and Pochs reaction is desperate....

The wheels are falling off again.

I think Pochettino is a absolutely pathetic for defending him but that's Pochettino, he'd defend Kane if he had murdered someone and was found to be guilty.

That's why these players like playing for him though I guess. He keeps them sweet, gives them new contracts etc its just a shame they don't seem to care that much for his system on days like the first leg when we were shit and it inevitably cost us.

I think Pochettino is a absolutely pathetic for defending him but that's Pochettino, he'd defend Kane if he had murdered someone and was found to be guilty.

That's why these players like playing for him though I guess. He keeps them sweet, gives them new contracts etc its just a shame they don't seem to care that much for his system on days like the first leg when we were shit and it inevitably cost us.

I've pointed it out a few times, I love Poch but I think he is too close to the players. Walker described him as a "friend". It restricts Poch from a disciplinary point of view.

Poch won't shit on his players in public. I think that's a tip he picked up from Ferguson over their cosy little meal. It's pathetic that you want a player publicly upbraided to satisfy your weird moral outrage.

Poch won't shit on his players in public. I think that's a tip he picked up from Ferguson over their cosy little meal. It's pathetic that you want a player publicly upbraided to satisfy your weird moral outrage.

This is what I dont get.....if Poch blamed Alli in public, the same people would say he's blaming the players and shirking responsibilty and he should keep it in house

In all the years I have been watching and playing football (it's many) I have never heard such wank about a red carded tackle before. May be it's because of social media/forums/TV multi angle slow motion/ over analysis of every action whatever. But never have I heard people suggest that a player should see a therapist, recommen additional penalties. And now the manager is a cunt as well!

I don't know wether to laugh or cry. I need a lie down. Fucking wow!

Back
Top Bottom