Dejan Kulusevski

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I just didn’t get why he isn’t played on the left. We’ve seen how great it is when BJ puts in quick ball from the wing (or Sarr today). Often when he comes inside he gets in way of Porro, Maddison or Son not to mention letting the oppo defenders get settled

I just didn’t get why he isn’t played on the left. We’ve seen how great it is when BJ puts in quick ball from the wing (or Sarr today). Often when he comes inside he gets in way of Porro, Maddison or Son not to mention letting the oppo defenders get settled
More of a shot threat cutting back onto his left foot than take it to the byline and cut it back perhaps due to lack of pace?

A lot of what he does goes under the radar like the two pre-assists for the first two goals which were both a product of his strength on the ball.
I think that he is also the best out of our attackers at holding up the ball and holding defenders off with his back to goal.

He's been instrumental doing that in games were we have had a man sent off. Like at Luton away for example.

Infuriating that he doesn't ever use his right foot to outswing a cross, it's always a cut in and inswinger, far easier to defend against as a general rule.
One time he did use his right peg today (even after cuting in) it was a lovely assist.

A lot of what he does goes under the radar like the two pre-assists for the first two goals which were both a product of his strength on the ball.

Yeah I didn't register that he was the one that stole the ball for the second goal and set Son through.

Only clocked it on the HLs. 3 of the 4 goals, and the first 3 that decided the game, don't happen without him.

Hard to knock him as a massive piece of the puzzle in this team.

Was good today.
Though I'm sure people's agendas will
convince themselves otherwise.

Why does it has to be agenda? That sounds absolutely braindead.
"If you dare to discuss specific aspects and say anything that I don't like, you have agenda and should be binned". Real quality thinking here...

I've always liked Kulu. And in grand scheme of things, I prefer craft and intelligence over raw pace.
I think he has an important role in the side, I love that he works very hard and can retain the ball well.
I also mostly understand why Ange uses him - he can help us to control the possession quite well, plus as mentioned, he has very good engine to track back. But that's the thing - first half we had ALL the possession but absolutely 0 direct threat. Literally 0 cause our xG for first 45 mins was... 0.02 (!!!).

But fuck me, he is not cut out to play RW in the system we use. He just isnt.
He does not play in early crosses/passes, he has too little direct goal threat in him and his acceleration is not good enough for that specific position.
Best chance from the first half was pretty good cross from RW (where 100% of our danger came from in first half) and really fast attacking player could have been on the end of it. But Kulu did not arrive on time there.

Given all the undeniable qualityies Kulu has, there are other positions where he can and will be very useful for us. He is clearly our best alternative to play at 10 when Madders cant. He could be pretty could at number 8 when we need more progressive passing ability. And quite honestly thinking about Villa game first half, I could see him playing as ST through the middle as well. I mean some kind of duo with Son. With his frame, control and passing ability he could take down the ball, shield it and feed to Son to finish for example. And when we played in few headers in first 55 minutes to Son it made me grab my head with both hands. Love Sonny, but he is not one for winning headers, is he :D ?

Credit for that, he did it well, and does do that, but all our players were pressing well and winning the ball. It’s not like he’s doing something another player couldn’t do.

Other than being involved in 3 of the 4 goals scored?

It looks as if he's one of those players like Son that may not do as much as the fans want him to, but what he does is hugely influential in deciding the game. Some would say that's not enough, but then you's need to replace him with someone who is better, available, affordable and wants to be here.

Because he'd be even more predictable?

He isn't going to outpace a full back and all you'd have to do is show him on his right foot.

At least on the right, he can cut in and on occasions does go outside his man. An in swinging cross is alot more dangerous than an outswinger.

Second half is stretching it. After they went to ten men just after switching away from a back 5 around the hour mark, and Villa had to take risks he suddenly found a couple of yards more space, but he still wasn’t great and wasted stuff.

He didn’t do anything exceptional. Decent ball for Sarr, decent play for Son’s goal.

Wasn’t as bad as Son, but both were lucky not to get hooked before they combined in the 91st minute.

You really need to grow up.

Set your mind on a player and are too stubborn and pigheaded to change your mind.

Well in this instance, you're wrong. Gave the credit deserved or shut the fuck up.

No need to reply either. Do better.

Second half is stretching it. After they went to ten men just after switching away from a back 5 around the hour mark, and Villa had to take risks he suddenly found a couple of yards more space, but he still wasn’t great and wasted stuff.

He didn’t do anything exceptional. Decent ball for Sarr, decent play for Son’s goal.

Wasn’t as bad as Son, but both were lucky not to get hooked before they combined in the 91st minute.

Edit
It wasn’t even a decent ball for Sarr, he played it straight at Torres, and it bounced off him pushing Sarr wide, when if he’d played it right he’d have played Sarr clean through. Sarr’s subsequent wondercross turns that fuck up into a success.

So you can all put your fucking X’s on this as well.

Edit
It wasn’t even a decent ball for Sarr, he played it straight at Torres, and it bounced off him pushing Sarr wide, when if he’d played it right he’d have played Sarr clean through. Sarr’s subsequent wondercross turns that fuck up into a success.

You did it for the X's so I'm refusing to give you one.

You did it for the X's so I'm refusing to give you one.

717-7171817_transparent-balloon-emoji-png-love-you-kiss-emoji.png

Blakey, you ol' tart.......

Edit

Agreed instead as you’re bang on.

Back
Top Bottom