Dejan Kulusevski

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

There's a girl on youtube that does good videos. Even though she's a United fan, she's always complimentary about us.

Thing is, she can't say Kulusevski to save her fucking life. I'm sure she was pissed in on video and in that one, she managed to nail it at last :roflmao:

You're talking about ECILA, I'm pretty sure. She's generally a good listen, while also being easy enough on the eye. I can see her subs growing pretty rapidly from the 30K something she has right now.

im not crying youre crying GIF

#AngeballtillIdie

That’s so good.

Ange is brave, and he makes you brave. He doesn’t say a lot, but when he speaks, we can listen for hours. You can tell that he’s been through a lot, and he often talks about what he learned from his father. He is different from any other coach I’ve had. Everybody talks about tactics and winning, and that’s good, but with Ange it means a little bit more, because it’s about you as a person. It’s about you as a man and what you believe in.

Ange says, “I don’t care if we lose, because everyone loses in life. If we lose, we’re going to lose on our terms. Never go away from being you.”

And that’s how I want to live my life. O.K., we’re gonna face the best, but we’re gonna do it our way. We’re gonna play like we did all our lives.

Let me be clear: We want to win. We are fighting so hard to give you the trophies you deserve. We train for you, we eat for you, we sleep for you. We know that this club changes lives. It’s a huge deal to me when I see people wearing my shirt, because that means we connect on some level. And I still find it incredible that I can simply score a goal and send 60,000 people home happy.

But we are also a young team with many new players. We’re not gonna win every game. And actually, Ange never speaks about trophies. He says, “Yes, we’ll get there, but first of all we have to become us. We have to find ourselves.”

Kulusevski had not had the best time with the Old Lady in the months leading up to his move. While he had played in most of Juve’s Serie A games in the first-half of the season, he was rarely getting a full 90 minutes under his belt.

And it seems that he was ready to go by the time the end of the January window loomed. Kulusevski told The Players’ Tribune that he did not hesitate when he found out that there was a chance to join Tottenham.

He said: “One day I asked my agent Ale, “Can you find me something?”

“He was like, “Yeah, it’s gonna be hard,” because it was January 2022, a few days before the transfer window closed, and we were running out of time. But then he called me back and said that Tottenham were interested.

“I was like, “Yes! We’re leaving. When’s the next flight?”

“He said it left in an hour, so I ran to my room and started packing. I was there with my girlfriend, Eldina, and I just started crying. And then she started crying. We had no idea why. There were just so many things happening at once. We kissed, cried some more, and I left for the airport. No way was I missing that flight.”

Why does it has to be agenda? That sounds absolutely braindead.
"If you dare to discuss specific aspects and say anything that I don't like, you have agenda and should be binned". Real quality thinking here...

I've always liked Kulu. And in grand scheme of things, I prefer craft and intelligence over raw pace.
I think he has an important role in the side, I love that he works very hard and can retain the ball well.
I also mostly understand why Ange uses him - he can help us to control the possession quite well, plus as mentioned, he has very good engine to track back. But that's the thing - first half we had ALL the possession but absolutely 0 direct threat. Literally 0 cause our xG for first 45 mins was... 0.02 (!!!).

But fuck me, he is not cut out to play RW in the system we use. He just isnt.
He does not play in early crosses/passes, he has too little direct goal threat in him and his acceleration is not good enough for that specific position.
Best chance from the first half was pretty good cross from RW (where 100% of our danger came from in first half) and really fast attacking player could have been on the end of it. But Kulu did not arrive on time there.

Given all the undeniable qualityies Kulu has, there are other positions where he can and will be very useful for us. He is clearly our best alternative to play at 10 when Madders cant. He could be pretty could at number 8 when we need more progressive passing ability. And quite honestly thinking about Villa game first half, I could see him playing as ST through the middle as well. I mean some kind of duo with Son. With his frame, control and passing ability he could take down the ball, shield it and feed to Son to finish for example. And when we played in few headers in first 55 minutes to Son it made me grab my head with both hands. Love Sonny, but he is not one for winning headers, is he :D ?
We don’t play with a 10. Madders and Sarr are left and right if 3 man midfield who roam. They are 8s if you want to put a label on it. Deki could play in there and I also think he could play as more of a target centre forward because he’s the only one of our forward players that can play with his back to goal but we need pace in that position. He’s a bustler with bits of great skill. He’s very elusive and looks slower than he is. There was one on Sunday when he was running with the ball and the Villa players were not gaining on him. He such a strange player. He can be so effective then become so poor in the next move. If he finds consistency in his game over large period of games then he’s a weapon a lot of teams don’t have in that position. He’s certainly not your typical modern day winger.

We don’t play with a 10. Madders and Sarr are left and right if 3 man midfield who roam. They are 8s if you want to put a label on it. Deki could play in there and I also think he could play as more of a target centre forward because he’s the only one of our forward players that can play with his back to goal but we need pace in that position. He’s a bustler with bits of great skill. He’s very elusive and looks slower than he is. There was one on Sunday when he was running with the ball and the Villa players were not gaining on him. He such a strange player. He can be so effective then become so poor in the next move. If he finds consistency in his game over large period of games then he’s a weapon a lot of teams don’t have in that position. He’s certainly not your typical modern day winger.

He's still very young and only going to get better as he gets older because his game isn't based on pace.

Hope he stays at the club for 7+ years.

He's still very young and only going to get better as he gets older because his game isn't based on pace.

He frustrates me at times like first half on Sunday then after the game you realise that he’s a big player for us. He’ll always divide the support because he’s not pleasing on the eye but it takes all types and Ange obviously loves him. I love how mature he is for such a young man and he will improve on the inconsistency in his game with experience. Everything will become tidier.

He is 23 yo.
Once he starts not giving a fuck what mugs thinks about him then I am sure he will make even more of a contribution to THFC than the current fantastic contribution he is already making.

Kulusevski's issue right now is he's 'that scapegoat guy' we always seem to insist on having as a fan base.

His performances are hyper critically analysed. He puts one foot wrong and people get on about how shit he is. Many seem to refuse he had a good game against Villa without the caveat of "he was only good for the 2nd half".. Like Son or Kane didn't have dozens of halves where they did nothing. Son has had plenty of games where it seemed every touch he made was a negative contribution.

Ange has a very definite way he wants his teams to play. He isn't putting Kulusevski into nearly every starting 11 he selects at the detriment of the team and his system.

There's a girl on youtube that does good videos. Even though she's a United fan, she's always complimentary about us.

Thing is, she can't say Kulusevski to save her fucking life. I'm sure she was pissed in on video and in that one, she managed to nail it at last :roflmao:
Yes, she has two channels: Alice talks Football and Ecila Football. She might be a United fan but she is a really excellent analyst and, bless her heart I think she hasn't realised it yet, she is turning into a Tottenham fan. She waxes lyrical about us a lot this season on the Ecila Football channel.

Why does it has to be agenda? That sounds absolutely braindead.
"If you dare to discuss specific aspects and say anything that I don't like, you have agenda and should be binned". Real quality thinking here...
It doesn't have to be an agenda, it just is for many.
Those with agendas against Kulusevski will have convinced themselves he didn't have a good game against Villa, or at the very most will begrudgingly have conceded he was ok in the 2nd half.

The agenda is that he is a bad player that doesn't deserve to be at the club - starting or as a squad player, and should be sold at the earliest opportunity (bringing in a player more on Fodens level instead).

Nothing to do with discussing specific aspects, saying things I don't like or 'should be binned'. Weird comment almost seems like you created your own little agenda against my post suggesting some fans have an anti Kulusevski agenda..

Perhaps the brain that needs resuscitation is the one arguing nobody has an agenda against Kulusevski when they perhaps have displayed they either haven't read the posts about him on this thread or simply don't understand what an agenda is.

Back
Top Bottom