Dejan Kulusevski

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

90% of people on here would replace Kulu straightaway given the chance. Unfortunately if we want to compete at the top he’s just a squad player.

Needs to stay positive and keep giving good interviews.
Not sure thus deserved 8 dislikes.
I'd say most of our squad is upgradeable.

If it wasn't we'd be top of the league and wouldn't have gone out of the cups early.

100% of people disagree with you mate - think you need to adjust your own workings.

Not really. Football fans are hypocrites. I don’t mind calling that out. Often do.

And I read the match threads on here. I see people’s team selections.

Names on the team sheet in order of importance to the team - I struggle to get him in the first 8. If we could upgrade Deki we would.

Not really. Football fans are hypocrites. I don’t mind calling that out. Often do.

Names on the team sheet in order of importance to the team - I struggle to get him in the first 8. If we could upgrade Deki we would.

I rarely base what a bloke on a football forum says as being much more than reactive to whatever has happened most recently.

We need a nico williams up there
We just need Kulu to be more direct, more often. That assist was his first direct assist in the whole of 2024.
He could have had a lot more as the ability is there.
But he chooses to slow things down too often and misses opportunities to affect play.
I've noticed he tends to be very slow and ponders a lot in the first half, then comes out like a man possessed for 20 minutes of the 2nd half every match.

Start games like that and we'll bag a few more first half/early goals than we do now.

Cnn Lol GIF by GIPHY News

I struggle to get him in the first 8. If we could upgrade Deki we would.

If we could upgrade any player in the squad we would. Elite sport is ruthless.

Some of the ideas people have had to upgrade on him have been laughable. Just now I don't remember Bailey or Diaby doing fuck all in the game when Deki was key to 3 pf our 4 goals. Everyone was 100% certain they are both upgrades on Deki. What a joke.

So far the only name I've seen suggested that is really an upgrade is Foden but the idea of us signing Foden is as laughable as the idea of Diaby or Bailey being upgrades.

If we could upgrade any player in the squad we would. Elite sport is ruthless.

Some of the ideas people have had to upgrade on him have been laughable. Just now I don't remember Bailey or Diaby doing fuck all in the game when Deki was key to 3 pf our 4 goals. Everyone was 100% certain they are both upgrades on Deki. What a joke.

So far the only name I've seen suggested that is really an upgrade is Foden but the idea of us signing Foden is as laughable as the idea of Diaby or Bailey being upgrades.

Bailey: 8 goals 8 assists, higher xA.

Kulusevski: 6 goals 3 assists.

Nearly twice as productive! But had one poor game vs one good game so now the idea he would be an upgrade is laughable?

Bailey: 8 goals 8 assists, higher xA.

Kulusevski: 6 goals 3 assists.

Nearly twice as productive! But had one poor game vs one good game so now the idea he would be an upgrade is laughable?

I think there is something to e said for this - he has played much less mins than Deki and produced a lot more in terms of goals and assists. In that respect, he would be an upgrade.

Where he wouldn't is in his tracking back, progressive carries and tackles in the final 3rd - the last of which Deki is top in the league for.

Similar positions, slightly different players.

I think there is something to e said for this - he has played much less mins than Deki and produced a lot more in terms of goals and assists. In that respect, he would be an upgrade.

Where he wouldn't is in his tracking back, progressive carries and tackles in the final 3rd - the last of which Deki is top in the league for.

Bailey actually does slightly more successful progressive carries per game.

Kulusevski is much better defensively and will offer you more industry for sure. Whether that’s your priority for a forward player I don’t know, it’s a nice bonus though.

But Bailey is the kind of player Kulusevski should be compared to. Not Foden. Neither of those guys are in his league.

You would hope teaching a player to press and tackle would be easier than teaching a player to d more creative things with his mind and ability?

Johnson is already showing improvement in that area.

You would hope teaching a player to press and tackle would be easier than teaching a player to d more creative things with his mind and ability?

Johnson is already showing improvement in that area.

Deki has shown he has that ability - you can see that pretty clearly from his first half season in our side where he scored 5 and assisted 8 in 18 games -

Also I'm certainly not saying that you couldn't teach that to someone like Bailey - he may have it i his locker anyway but its just not something Emery asks of him - wouldn't know until we saw it but Deki's game is certainly more than just goals and assists.

Bailey actually does slightly more successful progressive carries per game.

Kulusevski is much better defensively and will offer you more industry for sure. Whether that’s your priority for a forward player I don’t know, it’s a nice bonus though.

But Bailey is the kind of player Kulusevski should be compared to. Not Foden. Neither of those guys are in his league.

Completely agree - with the last point

I am talking about tackles in the final third - which, in an Ange team is vital as can for sure be seen vs villa and numerous other games.

Again, I'm a fan of Bailey - think he is a great footballer.

Diaby has underwhelmed though.

Back
Top Bottom