Dejan Kulusevski

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

BTW assists in general can be a misleading stat....how many of Kulus assists last season were simple layoffs to Kane...and he did all the hard work...? Big chances created is a far better stat IMO.

Kulu has season had 6 big chances all season long...nowhere near good enough to be a "Creative player", even this season he has a lot less than Son who has played striker more often than not...Son isn't even known for being some amazing creative player either.

Long story short...squad player at best...Spurs should look to sign far better players.

I'm not sure where you can get 'big chances created' stats from?

whoscored.com have him as making 2.1 "key passes" per game, behind Maddison (2.6) and Solomon (2.4), though the Solomon sample size isn't really enough.

In terms of xG (if that's your tipple), he's 2nd in terms of xG to goals scored, converting 6 from his supposed 3.7 xG. Son is the only player bettering this with 13 goals from an expected 8.24.

I don't want us to cut ties with him. I want us to dump him on the bench where he belongs and sign an attacker that causes problems game in game out, actually causes defenders some headaches, and would aim for 20 g/a at a minimum.

Agree with this Kvara or Ralphina would be perfect for us...

Neto or Kubo would be good options as well.....

You mean like Werner and Johnson?
And Richarlison?

Werner joined all of five minutes ago and is an absolute mess of a player when it comes to end product yet has completely outperformed Kulu.

The other two are just upper mid table PL players. It's amazing you can't see that. Son is our only attacker who is bonafide class, and even then he's got a load of annoying quirks. They're just all forgivable because he produces so much.

I'm not sure where you can get 'big chances created' stats from?

whoscored.com have him as making 2.1 "key passes" per game, behind Maddison (2.6) and Solomon (2.4), though the Solomon sample size isn't really enough.

In terms of xG (if that's your tipple), he's 2nd in terms of xG to goals scored, converting 6 from his supposed 3.7 xG. Son is the only player bettering this with 13 goals from an expected 8.24.

XA90 tells you how many and how good his chances created are per 90. If you just include players who have had 400 mins plus, he's about 44th in the PL with 0.26.

His XG90 is 178th in the PL at 0.18.

I don't want us to cut ties with him. I want us to dump him on the bench where he belongs and sign an attacker that causes problems game in game out, actually causes defenders some headaches, and would aim for 20 g/a at a minimum.

Yep, this is it. We should bring in a player to create competition for places with Kulusevski.

So we brought in Johnson basically for that right wing role. Only 1 year younger, offers a different sort of player, and although was behind Kulusevski in terms of returns, his 2 assists against Palace has now put him ahead.

If you take ((G + A) / (Mins played / 90)) using minutes played rather than appearances you get;

Kulusevski = 0.35
Johnson = 0.72

XA90 tells you how many and how good his chances created are per 90. If you just include players who have had 400 mins plus, he's about 44th in the PL with 0.26.

His XG90 is 178th in the PL at 0.18.

Where does that rank amongst our squad I'm curious and where could I see this data?

Dear Santa Claus.
What player is available in the 20 g/a shop?

Oh no not that funny joke again.

You go out and find that player, if the team is to progress. We won't win leagues or cups with our current attacking options, they do not have the quality.

We've got a defence that could win a title and the ingredients are there in midfield too. They aren't there in attack.

Luckily early reports say we're looking for that wide attacker in the summer already.

Good second half after a poor first half, which has been the pattern with him. We really need him to step up from the kick off. Maybe Ange should try yelling at him before the game even begins.

Shower me with your disagrees, but I wanna see him at the 6 someday (soon).

Yeah three goal involvements today and that's grand, but he's still a frustrating one at RW ain't he. Just too slow and scared of shooting.

But he's a physical monster, protects the ball like nobody else, has got great half turns & feints, can pick passes from that center mid area for pacier players...as evidenced on the Sarr through ball.

He could be a ginge Mousa.

I think he needs to release the ball much faster, he’s dwelling too much on it then he loses it. Don’t know what happened cause he used to do just that the season he joined.

Was good today.
Though I'm sure people's agendas will
convince themselves otherwise.

Was good today.
Though I'm sure people's agendas will
convince themselves otherwise.

I have no agenda with him, I like him. But he was often frustrating today, especially in the first half. Finished the game with an assist and played a big part in another goal so overall did pretty well in the end, with obvious room for improvement.

Back
Top Bottom