Dejan Kulusevski

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Frustrating player. At his best a brilliant, tecnical player with Ndombelesque skills with the ball, but his lack of speed is always going to be a factor.

When he goes into a bad spell and loses his cutting edge, like now, he looks so very average. Hope he can find his form again

Just compare him to Foden, Doku, Saka, Diaz, Salah,...

He's not even close to the level of some of them.

We have a good defense and midfield now. This summer we need to upgrade our attack.

People dropping Dejan when he absolutely carried us earlier this season just shows how quick people are to forget.

Dejan is one of our more important players and should obviously be kept. He needs to rotate with Maddison since that is where he operates the best.

People dropping Dejan when he absolutely carried us earlier this season just shows how quick people are to forget.

Dejan is one of our more important players and should obviously be kept. He needs to rotate with Maddison since that is where he operates the best.
He did not carry us, it's a myth!

He played okay games.

I just don’t know why he’s so against using his right foot. On the rare occasions he’s used it he’s generated goals and assists, and it makes him far less predictable.

Goodness. He is a good player, he wasnt brilliant earlier and he isnt terrible now. The margins for success are slim in elite football and only the very select few have enough on their side to always play their game, even in a slump.

Was very frustrating last night and has been a few times this season. As said above, needs to use his right foot - he should be getting to the byline and whipping it in - ocassionally at least, instead it's flat backwards passing which often see the progression stalled or break down all together.
On odd occassions this year he's also been brilliant.
Inconsistency.

Desperately needs a break. He's been brilliant in spells but so inconsistent. He's also the forward player who's probably played the most minutes, and runs himself into the ground every match. A couple of games on the bench will do him a lot of good.

Frustrating player. At his best a brilliant, tecnical player with Ndombelesque skills with the ball, but his lack of speed is always going to be a factor.

When he goes into a bad spell and loses his cutting edge, like now, he looks so very average. Hope he can find his form again
He will come back into form. He has dips like this for a few games quite often. His lack of pace is more evident when the rest of his game takes a dip but on his day he’s a top player for us. Different to other wide players and players will hate playing against him because of his strength, bustling style and the moments of brilliance he produces. We just need to see it more consistently and when he takes a dip then it can’t be for 4 or 5 games.

Haven't seen the chance he missed early on (after the Porro flick and slick passing move up to Kulu) ...had he sored that, it would've been a team goal of the season contender... But he fluffed the 1-on-1...

MOTD/SSN refused to show the move, (as they were both too busy showing 'The Darts') and I refuse to pay premium for SpursTV, so the extended highlights are locked for me...

Anyone else seen it since last night, it looked amazing Live, even though I was up the other end...

I wanna know how good the move was, and just how bad the chance missed was!

Oh Kuluuuuuu!

Haven't seen the chance he missed early on (after the Porro flick and slick passing move up to Kulu) ...had he sored that, it would've been a team goal of the season contender... But he fluffed the 1-on-1...

MOTD/SSN refused to show the move, (as they were both too busy showing 'The Darts') and I refuse to pay premium for SpursTV, so the extended highlights are locked for me...

Anyone else seen it since last night, it looked amazing Live, even though I was up the other end...

I wanna know how good the move was, and just how bad the chance missed was!

Oh Kuluuuuuu!

great move, great run, great pass, Deki didn't have the pace. Could have shot early maybe but didn't do anything wrong, they just recovered back to him.

I'm not sure he fits the system to be fair,
Well, if we are being fair I would point out that he didn't fit Allegri's 'system' before us...and, objectively stated, didn't 'fit' Conte's system for at least 66% of his 18 month LOAN (and that's being generous but we'll give him the first 6 months so there's no bickering), and now apparently may not fit Ange's systems in your opinion. Would also like to point out that his permanent signing was made with this system being implemented and the expectation of his skillset being applied to it.

I'm also not sure what his best position is.
I've got a great idea! But I'm alternately told it's RW (where he 'prospered' in his first 6 months) and the 10. The problem is that answering changes depending on where he is presently playing. My take is in someone else's XI in some slower league.

He isn’t good enough 1v1 or fast enough to be a RW and he lacks the vision to be a creative AM.
...sounds a bargain...take my 30M, please!!!!

He obviously has a good skillset, but in this system, it just exposes all his weaknesses.
I have a feeling that any system in the PL will expose "all his weaknesses". And "all his weaknesses" were on display before we even loaned him in the first place and have been his whole time here...now there are just no shiny objects to blur our (you lot, not me) vision. Folks just don't wanna admit they were hornswoggled again by shiny objects and FIFA stats...lest folks get the idea they don't know what they are talking about.

Eventually we’ll just settle on the reality that he’s just a decent player who isn’t really exceptional either our wide or centrally.

He does some good stuff and will have good runs of form where he scores/assists and then he will have runs like this. Like a normal, not great but not bad player.

He’s probably worth a bit more than we paid for him but not much.

Goodness. He is a good player, he wasnt brilliant earlier and he isnt terrible now. The margins for success are slim in elite football and only the very select few have enough on their side to always play their game, even in a slump.
Yes, this is true but at this level most players on top 6 clubs have 1 skill that can be relied upon in most instances. That ALWAYS been the problem with this player, there is not 1 ability/skill that can.

Just watched a player miss 10 shots + a pen with an 1.61xG...and yet was arguably the player of the game. There are other ways to be effective but you have to be able to rely on some above average ability. Kulu had NONE and is thus wholly reliant on what the game provides for him...never should have been made permanent.

Well, if we are being fair I would point out that he didn't fit Allegri's 'system' before us...and, objectively stated, didn't 'fit' Conte's system for at least 66% of his 18 month LOAN (and that's being generous but we'll give him the first 6 months so there's no bickering), and now apparently may not fit Ange's systems in your opinion. Would also like to point out that his permanent signing was made with this system being implemented and the expectation of his skillset being applied to it.

I've got a great idea! But I'm alternately told it's RW (where he 'prospered' in his first 6 months) and the 10. The problem is that answering changes depending on where he is presently playing. My take is in someone else's XI in some slower league.

...sounds a bargain...take my 30M, please!!!!

I have a feeling that any system in the PL will expose "all his weaknesses". And "all his weaknesses" were on display before we even loaned him in the first place and have been his whole time here...now there are just no shiny objects to blur our (you lot, not me) vision. Folks just don't wanna admit they were hornswoggled again by shiny objects and FIFA stats...lest folks get the idea they don't know what they are talking about.

staring james spader GIF by HULU

Back
Top Bottom