Dejan Kulusevski

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Lots of 5s and 6s in the player ratings for the City FAC game. Talk about fucking grade inflation!!!!

But if that's a 5 or 6 I can see why some of the more deluded of you think he's such a good player. But from that 5 or 6 I can easily see him performing at a 7 or 8 without actually achieving a PL level performance.

People were giving Ange 7/10 for a game where we lost at home and had one shot against the opposition, so I don’t know what those grades even really mean anymore.

People were giving Ange 7/10 for a game where we lost at home and had one shot against the opposition, so I don’t know what those grades even really mean anymore.
Yeah, saw some of those. Don't often look in there but was curious seeing as this player was sooooo shit in the game...just needed to know.

But Ange deserved nothing of the sort for that game. It wasn't working and he adjusted nothing.

Imagine if we utilized and properly analyzed his first 18 months (it was obvious w/in the first 6 months for those not blinded by lucky shiny objects) with us and came to the conclusion NOT to waste an additional 30M on him. We could have spent that time scouting and recruiting an actual quality player with threat.

but if he scores again in the next game the same folks will be back in here talking 'bout 'world class' and taking the 'haters' to task.

More 7+ for this player in the ratings...goes from 3 - 8.5(!?!?) in there...at this point what is the use of them?

Hes definitely in a down spell. Hes not a prototypical Angeball outside winger- hes an in-cutting RF or CAM in the Italian 4-3-3 mold. He might need to be dropped for a rest and a think right now.

Imagine if we utilized and properly analyzed his first 18 months (it was obvious w/in the first 6 months for those not blinded by lucky shiny objects) with us and came to the conclusion NOT to waste an additional 30M on him. We could have spent that time scouting and recruiting an actual quality player with threat.

but if he scores again in the next game the same folks will be back in here talking 'bout 'world class' and taking the 'haters' to task.

Lol...imagine if we had a Bowen or Mitoma or something....

valid points btw.....maddison back up at best.

Time to focus on a new quality RW. We should go all in on Bakayoko.
I've been pushing for Bakayoko since last summer but he needs a fair bit of work to be the genuine article. Similar to Deki in that he can hold the ball up well but has a poor/under-utilised right foot, and slightly heavy touch. Still only 20yo tho and good numbers in the Eredivisie.

The big difference is his dynamism: better dribbler and another yard of pace. About time we had some more luck buying from the Dutch league too.

He is really struggling. Not convinced RW is the spot for him. He doesn’t take players on quick enough. Maybe he should spell Maddison in the middle more often.

He needs to spend the entire practice using his right foot. He needs to be able to play the same ball with his right that Werner played with his left. He needs to be able to at least get a decent shot off when with his right he was played in by Johnson in the 2nd half and cut in on his left.

I've been pushing for Bakayoko since last summer but he needs a fair bit of work to be the genuine article. Similar to Deki in that he can hold the ball up well but has a poor/under-utilised right foot, and slightly heavy touch. Still only 20yo tho and good numbers in the Eredivisie.

The big difference is his dynamism: better dribbler and another yard of pace. About time we had some more luck buying from the Dutch league too.
More dynamism, better crosses and better at shooting. So overall a better winger!

I'm not sure he fits the system to be fair, I'm also not sure what his best position is.
He isn’t good enough 1v1 or fast enough to be a RW and he lacks the vision to be a creative AM.

He obviously has a good skillset, but in this system, it just exposes all his weaknesses.

Frustrating player. At his best a brilliant, tecnical player with Ndombelesque skills with the ball, but his lack of speed is always going to be a factor.

When he goes into a bad spell and loses his cutting edge, like now, he looks so very average. Hope he can find his form again

Back
Top Bottom