Dejan Kulusevski

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I appreciate the endorsement I guess?
Absolutely...of your intellect and ratiocination...NOT your Kulu take, that's still shit, of course!!!!:adegrin:

I watch a lot of football, and in my younger days I played a ton of FIFA. I've also played a bit of football, enough to know that understanding what's going on around the pitch is WAY more difficult when you're in the game than when comfortably watching from a bird's eye view.
That's true for some positions more than others...but this is least pertinent to wing play. He's not in 360* like a MFer and would absolutely suffer if he had to play in 360*...his predictability would be even more pronounced due to his 1 footedness and lack of reliable ball skills/dribbling in close quarters.

Anyway, it's a rare player that consistently makes passes or finds angles that I don't expect, and I always like players like that. It brings some excitement to the game.
A criteria I use myself...I understand the appreciation...but I don't credit Kulu with this ability...in fact, I've watched him miss many a connection because he wasn't head-up and ready to deliver.

We have a lot more now, and are much better off for it, but that rightfully puts Kulu under pressure for his place in the team. The end product will tell the tale. COYS
I look forward to this time...I'm sure there will be holdouts just like with Dele...Kulu will be playing in Romania and folks will be regaling us with memories of amazing plays of his that never happened.

He's not in 360* like a MFer and would absolutely suffer if he had to play in 360*...his predictability would be even more pronounced due to his 1 footedness and lack of reliable ball skills/dribbling in close quarters.
I think we may not be far from gathering more data on this proposition.

I want to see him as an 8 just to test the hypothesis if nothing else.

So you ask for proof
I asked for support of his claim...that's fair, right? He made Kulu out to be Messi or Modric in that post and I asked him to support it.

objectable
*objectionable.

So you ask for proof - and you reject that proof coz it's provided on a platform thats (weirdly) objectable to you.
I asked for proof from the man that made the statement and not from some bad faith shitgibbon that just wanted a row. I'm not interested in a food fight, my dear GOAT...I'm interested in finding some agreed upon truth/reality.

And I didn't REJECT the 'proof'...I cannot see the fucking 'proof' as it is blocked content FFS.

Get in the sea.
No.

Your apology is appreciated.

I asked for support of his claim...that's fair, right? He made Kulu out to be Messi or Modric in that post and I asked him to support it.

*objectionable.

I asked for proof from the man that made the statement and not from some bad faith shitgibbon that just wanted a row. I'm not interested in a food fight, my dear GOAT...I'm interested in finding some agreed upon truth/reality.

And I didn't REJECT the 'proof'...I cannot see the fucking 'proof' as it is blocked content FFS.

No.

Use your phone.

:nunothumb:

I think we may not be far from gathering more data on this proposition.

I want to see him as an 8 just to test the hypothesis if nothing else.
Ok, so this is a slightly moved goalpost from the initial post (natural flow, not suggesting bad faith) but support this now. What qualities does Kulu exhibit that suggest he'd be a good 8? Why would one even try this? I think this is a terrible idea...we've dealt ourselves a bad hand by making him permanent...putting him at the 8 is just going all in with a pair of 3s.

Apparently the season at Parma that made him a star he was playing as a CAM, a somewhat analogous role to what he'd be asked to do in Angeball.

I also think his defensive work rate and tackling is underappreciated.
right, but that was in Italy where my gran could play the 10...and she's dead. Not the most dynamic league and thus not the most demanding position. Paolo Dybala was hailed as way more of a player than Kulu has ever been and has had way more success and is now at Roma!!!!

And it's not gone without notice that we are now talking about his exploits as a CAM, a 10, and not an 8...which is where you suggested he should exhibit his 360* stylings. Now if you said put him at the 10 then I would have had fewer complaints because that position is filled with useless wankers that can't do the whole of the MF job.

But you said the 8, a position he is amazingly unsuited for...unless you wanted your 8 to constantly pass the ball backwards to your CBs or to constantly lose possession because they are 1 footed and can't resist pressure...and then I would ask why we bought him when we could have kept Winksy.

*objectionable.

No.

I shared a video? No comment, no text... how that constitutes starting a row with you I'm not sure.

Also I'm much more of a shitostrich than a shitgibbon for future reference.

I can see why we rarely see eye-to-eye on football.
I have come to see this as there are folks that haven't gotten comfortable with being wrong, yet. They do in time and then we begin to see e2e. You'll get there...and this Kulu bit will help us. :pochsmirk:

I dare you to take this philosophy into the James Maddison thread.
Unlike Kulu, Maddison has impressed me and shown himself to be more than I gave him credit for from his time at Leicester. He's still not a complete MFer but has qualities to be effective. That said, Kulu doesn't...Madders10 knows what he's going to do with it before he gets it, a hallmark of playing in 360*. Kulu doesn't.

For a player who "can't resist pressure" Kulu sure finds defenders (who are much quicker than he is) in his wake an awful lot.

Madders10 knows what he's going to do with it before he gets it, a hallmark of playing in 360*. Kulu doesn't.
I do understand what you mean when you say that.

Kind of a vintage performance from him against Burnley, he kept finding these unexpected pockets of space where defenders, his teammates, the crowd, me on my couch in Chicago, Kulu himself, weren't really sure what came next.

There needs to be an exclamation point on those moments to make them worth anything in an actual game of football.

For a player who "can't resist pressure" Kulu sure finds defenders (who are much quicker than he is) in his wake an awful lot.
Rico Henry disagrees...but when it does happen it's because they are not concerned with him...like the ManU game...it's pitiful!

Kind of a vintage performance from him against Burnley, he kept finding these unexpected pockets of space where defenders, his teammates, the crowd, me on my couch in Chicago, Kulu himself, weren't really sure what came next.
Yes, YES!!!! I was gonna say he plays like an unprepared coed giving a presentation off the fucking cuff. Thank you for admitting reality...not suggesting you wouldn't but it's rare 'round here.

There needs to be an exclamation point on those moments to make them worth anything in an actual game of football.
Yup, which is what I was going to take you to task for with your 'defenders in his wake' bit...if he finds himself there then why does he have such a paltry return?

Yup, which is what I was going to take you to task for with your 'defenders in his wake' bit...if he finds himself there then why does he have such a paltry return?
The returns have been bountiful in some parts of his career and barren in others. Hard to figure.

I've liked his performances so far this year a lot better than last year. But Brennan Johnson also has a lot of promise. We'll see.

right, but that was in Italy where my gran could play the 10...and she's dead. Not the most dynamic league and thus not the most demanding position. Paolo Dybala was hailed as way more of a player than Kulu has ever been and has had way more success and is now at Roma!!!!

And it's not gone without notice that we are now talking about his exploits as a CAM, a 10, and not an 8...which is where you suggested he should exhibit his 360* stylings. Now if you said put him at the 10 then I would have had fewer complaints because that position is filled with useless wankers that can't do the whole of the MF job.

But you said the 8, a position he is amazingly unsuited for...unless you wanted your 8 to constantly pass the ball backwards to your CBs or to constantly lose possession because they are 1 footed and can't resist pressure...and then I would ask why we bought him when we could have kept Winksy.
I agree Kulu is not an 8. 10 yes- by his own admission.
But I have a feeling he’d be better than Winks in any position.

Winks? Seriously?

Why mention your Gran dying to make an obscure point in an English football thread

As someone else said

‘Get in the Sea’!

His sense of where things are around him on the pitch is unreal. He senses time and angles others don't, including sometimes his own teammates.
Then why has he barely found anyone in the box this season?

If it wasn't for his goal against Bournemouth, he would have provided next to nothing in the final 3rd

Even his assist for Sarr's goal was a deflection.

His position is seriously under threat Johnson and he hasn't even played yet.

Needs to seriously improve in the final third.

I also feel he would be better off as an AM than a winger.

I do understand what you mean when you say that.

If that performance was "vintage" its worrying.

Thought he started very well and then ended up the weakest of our attackers.

If that performance was "vintage" its worrying.

Thought he started very well and then ended up the weakest of our attackers.
Are you grading on the HG-St Georges cross tattooed on my ass-curve (as is your wont)? :sonpoint: What you're missing is the fact that he will be better when we move him to a more demanding position that sees more of the ball. :sonhmm: Some reasonably clued in observers might ask, if Declan Rice can't play in 360 (he can't) then why do folks think Kulu can (he can't)? But since a group has intelligently criticized then another group has to mindlessly defend...and that leads to suggestions such as this.

So stop saying "well" when you mean "not shit" or similar, Deuterz.

Are you grading on the HG-St Georges cross tattooed on my ass-curve (as is your wont)? :sonpoint: What you're missing is the fact that he will be better when we move him to a more demanding position that sees more of the ball. :sonhmm: Some reasonably clued in observers might ask, if Declan Rice can't play in 360 (he can't) then why do folks think Kulu can (he can't)? But since a group has intelligently criticized then another group has to mindlessly defend...and that leads to suggestions such as this.

So stop saying "well" when you mean "not shit" or similar, Deuterz.

Oh shut up!

Back
Top Bottom