Dejan Kulusevski

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sorry, but the game is not as simple as goals and assists are the only thing that matters.

Give me a good all around player that has average end product any day over a black hole that has more goals/assists.

Not saying kulu is that player I want… just that judging a player purely based off goals is a mistake.
Are there any wingers that get a ton of goals and assists and are blackholes but are worse than Kulusevski?

That's quite harsh considering there are plenty of good things that he does. His ball carrying is good, and when he's fully fit/confident his dribbling is very effective. He is very reliant on making late decisions when running with the ball, so when he's not in rhythm his output can be lacking. He has good passing and control for a wf.

His left foot is often a wand too! He can bend it in, cross with curl, hang/float it with backspin etc.

kulusevski-vs.-tottenham-players.png

dejan-kulusevski-vs.-tottenham-players-defending-1.png

not too bad at all

His assists per 90 are in the 99th percentile for wingers and forwards in the top five leagues, a number backed up by his Expected Assists (xA) per 90, which are in the 77th percentile.

from Dejan Kulusevski’s Unique Approach to High-Value, Low-Volume Chance Creation - Analytics FC

It's not as if he's not had big moments against the best teams either tbh.
Those numbers are very old. Includes the few months right after he got here and doesnt include last season.

Last season he had 0.08 goals per 90 and 0.3 assists per 90.

I really could’ve taken or left kulu this summer …. I certainly wanted him cheaper after his loan

But I’ve actually been quite impressed with him….. I tired of watching him getting rolled over as he received the ball in our half

But now conte has gone and taken his shitty football with him he’s receiving the ball further up the park and using it well

I trust him with the ball with whereas I had no faith in him last season

He’s certainly got a confidence he was bereft of under conte
Son was in exactly the same spot last season too

Dinosaur

Those numbers are very old. Includes the few months right after he got here and doesnt include last season.

Last season he had 0.08 goals per 90 and 0.3 assists per 90.
He wasn’t allowed to leave his own half so that’s a good return given the circumstance

His sense of where things are around him on the pitch is unreal. He senses time and angles others don't, including sometimes his own teammates.

What a bunch of fucking horseshit this statement is...this type of mythology is only rivaled by the horseshit Guido 🇺🇦 Guido 🇺🇦 would spew about Dele doing things in the spaces you can't see on TV. In both instances the apologist was in full spin mode for a player obviously not up to snuff...it's analogous to a child giving a nonspecific ailment for not wanting to go to school (eg. mommy I got a stomach ache)...sound impressive and is difficult to be proven wrong but also there is no fucking supportive evidence...just words and tribal agreement.

Care to show any clips to support your statement? I bet not.

Last edited:
What a bunch of fucking horseshit this statement is...this type of mythology is only rivaled by the horseshit Guido 🇺🇦 Guido 🇺🇦 would spew about Dele doing things in the spaces you can't see on TV. In both instances the apologist was in full spin mode for a player obviously not up to snuff...it's analogous to a child giving a nonspecific ailment for not wanting to go to school (eg. mommy I got a stomach ache)...sound impressive and is difficult to be proven wrong but also there is no fucking supportive evidence...just words and tribal agreement.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2QsCEFMGDU&ab_channel=SportsFlawless

Do you actually support Spurs??......you sound like a bitter Woolwich fan when it comes to this particular player.

Two things: 1) I block youtube as a matter of course (privacy) and 2) I've seen you in the ENIC thread. I have no interest engaging with you...I've seen the bad faith. I'll let FightingIllini FightingIllini defend his statements as his was the statement I was addressing..and hopefully he'll post using other means. He's a very intelligent person with a wonderful ability to express himself...he's doesn't need your help.

Two things: 1) I block youtube as a matter of course (privacy) and 2) I've seen you in the ENIC thread. I have no interest engaging with you...I've seen the bad faith. I'll let FightingIllini FightingIllini defend his statements as his was the statement I was addressing..and hopefully he'll post using other means. He's a very intelligent person with a wonderful ability to express himself...he's doesn't need your help.
I appreciate the endorsement I guess?

I watch a lot of football, and in my younger days I played a ton of FIFA. I've also played a bit of football, enough to know that understanding what's going on around the pitch is WAY more difficult when you're in the game than when comfortably watching from a bird's eye view.

Anyway, it's a rare player that consistently makes passes or finds angles that I don't expect, and I always like players like that. It brings some excitement to the game.

That doesn't make you a good player by itself, nor do you have to have it to be elite (everyone knows what Harry Kane is going to do a mile away, good luck stopping it), but I find it delightful to watch.

We were so bereft of that kind of creativity in possession when Kulusevski arrived that he was a breath of fresh air, I was an immediate fan. We have a lot more now, and are much better off for it, but that rightfully puts Kulu under pressure for his place in the team. The end product will tell the tale. COYS

I watch a lot of football, and in my younger days I played a ton of FIFA. I've also played a bit of football, enough to know that understanding what's going on around the pitch is WAY more difficult when you're in the game than when comfortably watching from a bird's eye view.

Anyway, it's a rare player that consistently makes passes or finds angles that I don't expect, and I always like players like that. It brings some excitement to the game.

That doesn't make you a good player by itself, nor do you have to have it to be elite (everyone knows what Harry Kane is going to do a mile away, good luck stopping it), but I find it delightful to watch.

We were so bereft of that kind of creativity in possession when Kulusevski arrived that he was a breath of fresh air, I was an immediate fan. We have a lot more now, and are much better off for it, but that rightfully puts Kulu under pressure for his place in the team. The end product will tell the tale. COYS

I just think people write players off too quickly without asking the question of why their form may have dipped.

It doesn't mean they will find it again, but context is important and in Deki's case I think the Conte factor cannot be ignored.

So you ask for proof - and you reject that proof coz it's provided on a platform thats (weirdly) objectable to you.

Get in the sea.

Oh, no! not youtube. We probably know more about your life from TFC comment history than youtube does.

I just think people write players off too quickly without asking the question of why their form may have dipped.

It doesn't mean they will find it again, but context is important and in Deki's case I think the Conte factor cannot be ignored.
100%. I like him and i'm glad he's still here. He had some great games when new into the team then got gradually worse. I blame Conte ball stifling him and many others. I know it's not the only reasons but i'm hoping he comes good. I'll happily say "i'm wrong" if this doesn't happen

Absolutely...of your intellect and ratiocination...NOT your Kulu take, that's still shit, of course!!!!:adegrin:

That's true for some positions more than others...but this is least pertinent to wing play. He's not in 360* like a MFer and would absolutely suffer if he had to play in 360*...his predictability would be even more pronounced due to his 1 footedness and lack of reliable ball skills/dribbling in close quarters.

A criteria I use myself...I understand the appreciation...but I don't credit Kulu with this ability...in fact, I've watched him miss many a connection because he wasn't head-up and ready to deliver.

We have a lot more now, and are much better off for it, but that rightfully puts Kulu under pressure for his place in the team. The end product will tell the tale. COYS
I look forward to this time...I'm sure there will be holdouts just like with Dele...Kulu will be playing in Romania and folks will be regaling us with memories of amazing plays of his that never happened.

Back
Top Bottom