Dejan Kulusevski

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Those numbers are very old. Includes the few months right after he got here and doesnt include last season.

Last season he had 0.08 goals per 90 and 0.3 assists per 90.
That's a fair point. I think he's maybe somewhere in the middle then as last season was a shit show for many.

That being said I don't even like using stats to defend Kulu. He is one of those eye test, player's player type of guys (why I find it so baffling some Spurs fans on here don't like him).

His profile is great too. We don't need a million low centre of gravity, twist and turn speed merchant midget WFs. We need variety for all the different types of opposition.

The biggest question is if todd1882 todd1882 has 'streamin.me' blocked
bagdad-bob.jpg

He cost Sweden the second Austria goal by dribbling across the field, playing an awful pass, leaving his defense completely exposed. Then did basically the same two minutes later; not leading to a goal despite Kulu serving Austria up a 4 on 2 counter.

He had an absolute stinker.
He is not playing well fans need to honest about it. He's been par or sub par for a while now. I'm glad Johnson is an option.

He cost Sweden the second Austria goal by dribbling across the field, playing an awful pass, leaving his defense completely exposed. Then did basically the same two minutes later; not leading to a goal despite Kulu serving Austria up a 4 on 2 counter.

He had an absolute stinker.
He had a very good first half, as did most of the Sweden team, but his second half was definitely a drop off once the first goal went in.

I think that's just his level

He's not a terrible player but he's far from a great one

Signing him permanently was a mistake
I think if we move him into an interior role, then his signing will end up a lot like Porro's; a very good signing but not for the role we originally intended.

Great coaches maximise what their players can and can't do - the long term solution should be to sell GLC, let Perisic's deal expire, move Kulu inside, and buy another real Ange winger like Kaoru Mitoma (deal expires in 2025) or another high end young talent like Antonio Nusa.

All of a sudden we'd have a plethora of quality options in the wide and creative areas:

Wingers: Mitoma/Nusa, Johnson, Solomon

Creators: Maddison, Kulusevski, Bryan.

I think if we move him into an interior role, then his signing will end up a lot like Porro's; a very good signing but not for the role we originally intended.

Great coaches maximise what their players can and can't do - the long term solution should be to sell GLC, let Perisic's deal expire, move Kulu inside, and buy another real Ange winger like Kaoru Mitoma (deal expires in 2025) or another high end young talent like Antonio Nusa.

All of a sudden we'd have a plethora of quality options in the wide and creative areas:

Doesn’t the ‘ far from a great one’ description refer to Johnson, Solomon and Gil as well?

Think Kubo would be one to keep an eye on if we wanted another winger.

Back
Top Bottom