Davinson Sanchez

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sounds like he predicted the future though

Far from it. Colombia qualified as the 4th team.

Chile has a reason to cry though, they missed put of 5th (Peru has a playoff vs New Zealand) after Chile and Peru both were given the 3points vs Bolivia, due to Bolivia using a non-eligible player. Bolivia had beaten Per and drew Chile.

Peru and Chile were equal on points in the end, so without the Bolivia fuckup Chile would be 5th on 24 point, ahead of Paraguay on GD with Peru 7th.

I had very high expectations about this kid, and I was starting to worry given his somewhat nervy performances in the league.

But tonight, on the biggest stage of all he was absolutely class. Especially when you consider his age and the fact that he has only been with us for a couple of months.

It's still surprising how he was been able to move here and slot in so easily and comfortably in with Jan and Toby. They look like they have played together for a couple of seasons together, and that is no small feat for him considering the quality of the other two.

What appeared to be a good prospect player that would need to work his way into the squad, has turned into something far more exciting.

I had very high expectations about this kid, and I was starting to worry given his somewhat nervy performances in the league.

But tonight, on the biggest stage of all he was absolutely class. Especially when you consider his age and the fact that he has only been with us for a couple of months.

By us at Ajax he had the same problem. It looks like he has some problems with his focus against the smaller teams, but he was always there in the big matches. Needs to improve his focus in the little ones and then he will be one of the best defenders in the world in the near future.

Levy deserves credit for backing Poch to the hilt with Davinson’s signing. He’s going to great for us, and only 21. Amazing young team we have.
In an window of good signings, this was the one that I found most exciting - it meant to me that Poch was tooling up to play a strong 3 at the back. And that Levy was willing to back him with our biggest ever transfer fee.

That last clip at 4 minutes when he went for the chip over Kroos into a dribble...

I thought, wow the confidence in this boy is growing. He's starting to enjoy his football. There is so much more potential we haven't even seen yet.

Very exciting prospect
I think he’s been told not to do that too often, choose his time wisely as he’s playing in the centre of the 3 . Or it may be a personal decision as he adjusts.
If you watch him at Ajax he was always coming out with it from defence.
Your right though, there’s lots more to come.
As he matures he will be striding out like Vertonghen.
He’s still a bit raw, but seems to manage. He’s only going to get better in so many ways and this manager will only improve him.

Back
Top Bottom