Davinson Sanchez

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Still waiting to see the real Davinson I feel. I get the impression he's been advised to settle in before feeling at ease expressing himself. I could be wrong, just seems a little bit jumpy, probably because of th intensity in our league compared to what he's used to.

Doing all the necessary stuff relatively well so far

Looking more assured than Aurier.

I think Aurier looks more composed and expressive than Davinson so far. I think there is a lot more to come from Davinson once he feels like he is part of the team. Serge on the other hand look a like he's trying to impress. We need Aurier to reign it in a little and Davinson to express himself a little more and have confidence which who'll grow in time

Now he's been with us a little while, what's everyone's initial thoughts on our new record signing? Personally I think we won't see what he's truly all about until he starts learning off of Toby and Jan a little more. Great aggression and smart safe play to get used to his teammates it'll be good to see him find his feet with the boys

I think he's been very good. He looks competent and makes our best XI- can't ask for much more at all from a young lad.

Shows inexperience at times (eagerness to show strength vs Tammy Abraham for example) but that's to be expected and easy to iron out.

Purely because of his attributes we have an answer to pacey CFs too which we haven't had since Ledley really.

He also plays in the middle of the back 3 which surprised most including myself who thought Toby would play there as that role holds the most responsibility, which makes his performances even more impressive.

I think he looks surprisingly comfortable. Very good in my view. Clearly needs some development still but has the right coach and CBs to learn from. Not surprised playing central as his pace makes him ideal to cover mistakes, balls over the top, recovery etc, and that's really been our only potential weakness defensively I feel.

Now he's been with us a little while, what's everyone's initial thoughts on our new record signing? Personally I think we won't see what he's truly all about until he starts learning off of Toby and Jan a little more. Great aggression and smart safe play to get used to his teammates it'll be good to see him find his feet with the boys

I think it's obvious that he's been told to play it safe and play as a sweeper.

He doesn't look completely comfortable on the ball and is often far too physical for his own good. I can see him giving away a penalty or two away this season. His heading also needs work as many times the ball is more "up" than "away", and some attacks recycle the ball as a result. Strangely we've also not seen many sliding tackles from him, which he did a lot of at Ajax - again feeding into the idea that he's been told to play it safe while he settles. He was good at coming out from defence with the ball and dribbling past people, yet he has rarely if ever done that - if anything that role has been given to Jan.

I think it's very hard to judge him at the moment because of this, as we're not truly aware what he's capable of. Physically he's everything you would expect - tall, fast, strong but clearly raw and naive.

So far I'd say he's a 7/10 - he hasn't done too much wrong other than a few silly fouls. Lot of optimism for the future with him as it's important to remember he is incredibly young and settling.

Love him. Looks like he's been in the team for a year or so, he's played FIVE games! They way we layout from the back now is fantastic, even given Hugo a couple more seconds to pick his pass (Apoel aside).

As a unit we are probably 10m further up the pitch, as he has shown he can deal with the ball over the top (90% of the teams we play against will use this to beat our press). Only thing that he needs to work on is holding our line, he's been sucked out of that line a few times, but that said it could be an instruction from Poch to remain tight on his man.
Not great quality but here is his touches for Hud game

Doing all the basics right and tbh I'd rather see him hoof it out or long than try a 2/10 pass. His positioning is mostly okay but he'll get better at that under the guidance of poch, jan and toby. Very necessary signing though with the players we're up against nowadays. Very happy with him so far.

Compare his first couple of games to CCV's first few games and I think we can see that we have yet another classy Spurs defender in the making.

He's definitely helping in a load of indirect ways though, he frees up Vertonghen who can now cover the LB spot with a lot more confidence and can maraud up the pitch a lot more which in turn allows Davies to concentrate on his attacking duties more.

Back
Top Bottom