Davinson Sanchez

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Looked a bit silly at times trying to barge their players off the ball when their player simply moved past him and he hit fresh air. Needs to learn things are faster and more powerful in the EPL and he'll be fine.

Sanchez was poor yesterday and it was clear as day. Neutralised Abraham?? Abraham was their best player and got the better of Sanchez in near enough every duel they had. Sanchez also made a few mistakes that could have easily cost us (him fouling Abraham when it was a 1 on 1 situation and him passing back to Hugo not noticing Abraham lurking) and he was continuously fouling near the end.

The vital facts are: he didn't get carded or sent off, Abraham (who is a very dangerous player) didn't get a touch in our box, they didn't score and he didn't give the ball away with that pass-back. There were some hairy moments, but all in all, nothing bad happened because of him. Faint praise, to be sure; but if his bad games are like this, he's a magician.

Not sure where all this 'Sanhez was shit' rubbish is coming from. Have been to all 3 games this past week and have been impressed in all of them. Yes there were a few rash challenges at the end but overall think he's done well.

Not sure where all this 'Sanhez was shit' rubbish is coming from. Have been to all 3 games this past week and have been impressed in all of them. Yes there were a few rash challenges at the end but overall think he's done well.
I think everyone agrees he has been great since signing, against Dortmund he was fantastic. But IMO he was poor last night, was slow on the ball, got pick pocketed a few times and looked hesitant in the air a couple of times and that time where he went to bodycheck one of their players and completely missed and Carroll almost had a good chance off it. Added on that those silly tackles near the end when he had the ball one. But he is new at the club, not sure how much English he speaks and only been in the country a for four weeks or so so it is completely understandable and I can't blame, BUT I thought he was poor, just my opinion.

He's a kid. Just turned 21 .He's played one season in the Dutch league.
Let's give him a chance. It's a big step up.
Its a massive responsibility for him to even be playing in the centre of a back 3.
He's obviously trying to be cautious when he's got the ball.
Hugo has worse passing but he gets a squeeze.
I've seen Hugo put us under more pressure with stupid passes than anyone else in the team An experienced national keeper, who still hasn't mastered the art of passing it even though he's been under Pochettino for 3 seasons.
Give the kid a break.
He's not the finished article and he's not going to be for a while.
Did better than Carter Vickers ever done. He's a year older.

He was mustard yesterday! One miss timed shoulder. The TWO!! fouls he committed in the corner one was necessary as player had a free run into box, the other wasn't, so fucking what?!?!!

They had ONE fucking shot, and I can't even recall when it was, by who and if it was any good or not. The main reason for this is because our defence is outstanding and he's part of it.

We won't see the real Davinson until he feels settled and starts striding with the ball out from the back. He's 21 has a lot of potential it's a bedding in year for him.

I actually fancy that Foyth will be the one. Just seems so relaxed and composed. Sanchez is just bedding in let's just see how he is once he knows the league and his teammates a little more

He had too much errors yesterday. At Ajax he sometimes lost his focus during the match, but it looked like he put all his errors of one season in Amsterdam in one match yesterday. Haven't seen him playing this poor last season. So I believe it's a one time thing and he will improve next week against West Ham.

He's young, a bit raw, and is adapting to a different league. I agree that he had a few shaky moments and there looks like there might be a mistake in him, but name me any central defender who is rock solid at 21.

Overall, he looks like a good player with a lot of potential. I just find it a bit strange that Poch has him playing central of the three, given that's where most of the danger lies...

He's young, a bit raw, and is adapting to a different league. I agree that he had a few shaky moments and there looks like there might be a mistake in him, but name me any central defender who is rock solid at 21.

Overall, he looks like a good player with a lot of potential. I just find it a bit strange that Poch has him playing central of the three, given that's where most of the danger lies...

It allows Alderweireld and Vertonghen to move further up field with the ball (as they are much better on the ball) and he acts as a sweeper due to his pace. It's the best position for him in my opinion.

He was mustard yesterday! One miss timed shoulder. The TWO!! fouls he committed in the corner one was necessary as player had a free run into box, the other wasn't, so fucking what?!?!!

They had ONE fucking shot, and I can't even recall when it was, by who and if it was any good or not. The main reason for this is because our defence is outstanding and he's part of it.
The main reason was not because our defence was outstanding. It was because swansea set up ultra defensive and had no intention of commiting anyone in an attacking sense hence not much chances.

The main reason was not because our defence was outstanding. It was because swansea set up ultra defensive and had no intention of commiting anyone in an attacking sense hence not much chances.
Duh, not shit Sherlock. I'm judging him on the duties he performed, e.g. he won every headed duel, their only real outlet they had.

Duh, not shit Sherlock. I'm judging him on the duties he performed, e.g. he won every headed duel, their only real outlet they had.
You can be the sarcy twat that you usually are but what you're saying is totally wrong. He got spun by Abraham a few times (one of the times he literally had to drag Abraham down) and commited fouls at the end. Our defence was "outstanding" my ass.

Back
Top Bottom