Danny Rose

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I go all the time and pay about a million pounds to watch us on TV...to be fair I might be bias though as I can't stand slow lumbering full backs so seeing Davies on the pitch makes me wanna cry.

Clearly little appreciation for the art of defending too.....

Last edited:
It's a little sad that during the peak-Poch days when we were such an exciting and energetic team, Rose was seen as a real leader and captain material. But now the relationship is soured.

His comments in the past played a part no doubt. He sometimes made mention how the fans were on his back unfairly during the AVB/Sherwood season but then there was a total turnaround 2015-17 and now it's gone the other way again.

Don't agree at all.

He has said he is seeing out his contract, yet people are calling him scum and all sorts of silliness, you can think it misguided and silly, but scum and 'get out of the club' comments are worse than what Danny has/is saying, to me.

I like his gusto and honesty, albeit it is poorly advised often.
Read the replies here it’s not what he said it’s how and where he chose his forum
Dier actually had a concrete offer and improved terms to move when Walker did, opted no to, got injured and is now the poster boy for the fans ire, yet I’ve read nothing about his comments in the press. Danny could follow suit but opts for a more acerbic disrespectful conduit.
The club is first and foremost he’s been treated well by the club contract after contract, trust of the coach became an England International under the guidance of the club. His mental issues are being dealt with sensitively and INTERNALLY by the club. He’s also a very rich young man thanks to you guessed it THFC

Here is the quotes everyone (mostly) is so riled about:

“I’ve never had a conversation with him [Mourinho] and I don’t see why I need to,” Rose said. “As I said before, I’m here for the next 18 months, so I don’t see why I need to have a conversation with the manager. I want to do as well as I possibly can, work as hard as I can to achieve what looked impossible a few weeks ago, and that is finishing in the top four [of the Premier League].”

“We’re all starting from the same starting point or, at least, I hope we are,” he said. “It’s very good [under Mourinho]. I had the privilege of working under Mauricio for five and a half years and now, I have to be honest, I never thought I would be managed by José Mourinho at Tottenham.

“That’s credit to the club, how well they’ve progressed, and to get someone like José has been brilliant. He’s one of the most decorated managers of my lifetime, so it’s been a good start for the team and I’ve enjoyed it so far. He is a serial winner, so I imagine we will be looking to win the FA Cup and finish in the top four of the league.”

The "who said he is in control" was obviously about contract negotiations, and, has been plown up by the media, and some folks just gobble that shit up...

Burn him...

Jeez.

Jan is amazing, best defender we have IMO but he's not better than Rose as a left back when both are having good games. I guess you've answered my question though...no-one to put pressure on Rose so he can get away with acting up and not playing well.
But he isn’t getting away with it, the new man has for all intents and purposes binned him. He played against Bayern last night a game dedicated to the want aways and those trying to impress.

I beg to differ on Jan though at this point he’s heads and shoulders above Danny in that position

Here is the quotes everyone (mostly) is so riled about:

“I’ve never had a conversation with him [Mourinho] and I don’t see why I need to,” Rose said. “As I said before, I’m here for the next 18 months, so I don’t see why I need to have a conversation with the manager. I want to do as well as I possibly can, work as hard as I can to achieve what looked impossible a few weeks ago, and that is finishing in the top four [of the Premier League].”

“We’re all starting from the same starting point or, at least, I hope we are,” he said. “It’s very good [under Mourinho]. I had the privilege of working under Mauricio for five and a half years and now, I have to be honest, I never thought I would be managed by José Mourinho at Tottenham.

“That’s credit to the club, how well they’ve progressed, and to get someone like José has been brilliant. He’s one of the most decorated managers of my lifetime, so it’s been a good start for the team and I’ve enjoyed it so far. He is a serial winner, so I imagine we will be looking to win the FA Cup and finish in the to p four of the league.”

The "who said he is in control" was obviously about contract negotiations, and, has been plown up by the media, and some folks just gobble that shit up...

Burn him...

Jeez.
Burn him,fucking burn him you stupid mindless cunt...fuck work it can wait. Who the fuck are you anyway. When has he ever said'i hate this club and I don't want to be here' you fucktards read one thing and he's fucking Diablo. Seems to me with the increase in social media we all need a scapegoat someone to blame and on here its Rose leave the fella alone ffs and Davies is utter, utter shit. Now go crawl back under whatever putrid hole you came out with. Sorry Airfixx but you knew it wouldn't take long.

I don't think being able to tackle is the only skill a full back needs is it? Look at Arnold and Robertson, both get up and down the line all game, whip in dangerous ball, make space for others to get into, pin back oppo wingers etc etc...but yeah, tackling :mourthumb:

Vs. "Yay; fast!"

Rose's end product is dreadful....

Besides I said "defending" not tackling.

Funny you think DR is #1 when Jose evidently considers him #3.... I'm sure you know better tho.

Yaaaaaaayy Airfixx...you know I'd turn up now!! Going to savour this like a fine wine. Unfortunately I'm in work but I'm leaving shortly then we'll light the torch paper and let the fireworks begin....laters

Sweet!

Edit: Oooops..... Already off on one i see. :adesalute:

Burn him,fucking burn him you stupid mindless cunt...fuck work it can wait. Who the fuck are you anyway. When has he ever said'i hate this club and I don't want to be here' you fucktards read one thing and he's fucking Diablo. Seems to me with the increase in social media we all need a scapegoat someone to blame and on here its Rose leave the fella alone ffs and Davies is utter, utter shit. Now go crawl back under whatever putrid hole you came out with. Sorry Airfixx but you knew it wouldn't take long.

Dude, chill, I was defending him...

Well it is full moon...

But he isn’t getting away with it, the new man has for all intents and purposes binned him. He played against Bayern last night a game dedicated to the want aways and those trying to impress.

I beg to differ on Jan though at this point he’s heads and shoulders above Danny in that position
Brahahaha....seriously, no really are you serious. Can you please find me anything related to Danny wanting to leave..please!! Levy says no new contract...Danny says ok boss but I'm gonna stay here fo my best when picked and not be a salty little prick if I don't. He treats football as his job a lot of people have a problem with this...I don't.

Back
Top Bottom