Danny Rose

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I assume the comment was based off Rose not being on the initial squad list of those who traveled to Germany despite not being injured.

But it has since been confirmed he has travelled and is in the squad.

Unless Guido does know somrthing else. Spill!
Ahh.....

I read that he hadn't travelled with the team, fucking Jorno's!

However we could do what they threatened Crouch with, "you won't get picked, you won't have a squad number and you'll train with the kids".

Should do exactly this with Eriksen as well. I wouldn't even offer them training, I'd tell them to stay away from the club entirely and that they're in charge of maintaining their own fitness.

Should do exactly this with Eriksen as well. I wouldn't even offer them training, I'd tell them to stay away from the club entirely and that they're in charge of maintaining their own fitness.
Couldn't. He'd sue for discrimination and victimisation and probably win. Pay him, offer him the facilities of the club, but keep him away from the first team squad.

One of the most bigheaded players to ever play for Tottenham. I respect that he has had some tough times but be professional, don't talk about your contract, the chairman etc in public. Especially when you are playing like shit every single time you step on the pitch.

Thankfully Jose has already sized him up and clearly doesn't fancy him, it's just a damn shame that the injury to Davies means he will play a decent amount of games in the next few months. Hopefully he sorts himself out because we are going to need him to play well.

The guy has been exhausted, being utterly loyal to the excessive demands of the previous management regime.

If you are working so hard it destroys your ability to function at the highest level ala = Dier, Wanyama, Rose, would you expect to be hated by your employers for it? Or, would you expect dogged support while trying to recover the damage the regime has done to you?

I love these guys and feel really sorry their careers have been mortgaged away for a good 24-36 months.

The guys are all riddled with metabolic residues, which make them unable to perform at the level they long to achieve again.

Sad situation, people calling them Scum is pathetic IMO. Pathetic? for saying he intends to see out his contract... please.

The guy has been exhausted, being utterly loyal to the excessive demands of the previous management regime.

If you are working so hard it destroys your ability to function at the highest level ala = Dier, Wanyama, Rose, would you expect to be hated by your employers for it? Or, would you expect dogged support while trying to recover the damage the regime has done to you?

I love these guys and feel really sorry their careers have been mortgaged away for a good 24-36 months.

The guys are all riddled with metabolic residues, which make them unable to perform at the level they long to achieve again.

Sad situation, people calling them Scum is pathetic IMO.

Fair enough but he doesn’t do himself any favours

Sad situation, people calling them Scum is pathetic IMO. Pathetic? for saying he intends to see out his contract... please.
Why the need to broadcast it, can’t remember Levy going to any hack in an attempt to get Rose out of the club. He’ll have a lot of time after football to set records straight why not just invest your efforts in your last days at the highest level to your profession?

Why the need to broadcast it, can’t remember Levy going to any hack in an attempt to get Rose out of the club. He’ll have a lot of time after football to set records straight why not just invest your efforts in your last days at the highest level to your profession?

Why not?

Sadly he got grief from the crowd, early in his playing days, that has him a bit prickly towards us, I can accept that is just how things are, no need to look for fault in my eyes.

Think we are all a bit overly sensitive towards Danny. We could have got £50M for him 3 summers ago, then nobody wanted him to go, but City offer Walker £150K and Rose was the better of the two IMO (at that time), we didn't want to offer him near market rate, but wanted to keep him, that was always a recipe for a disgruntled player.

He has mental health issues, which sometimes trigger these unfortunate comments, but it is also part of the ingredients that made him our best Left Back (in decades IMO).

No player is bigger than the club, what good does it do us to air his dirty laundry in public? You want to run down your contract? Fine, then get your head down and play well. Don't start yapping. If you want to look at how good professionals behave in his situation, then look at Ramsey and Kompany. It's thanks to Daniel Levy bringing him to this club that he is even in a position to run his mouth like this, does anyone want to guess how his career would have gone if he'd stayed at Leeds?

He needs to respect the club, respect his colleagues, respect himself and button it.

No player is bigger than the club, what good does it do us to air his dirty laundry in public? You want to run down your contract? Fine, then get your head down and play well. Don't start yapping. If you want to look at how good professionals behave in his situation, then look at Ramsey and Kompany. It's thanks to Daniel Levy bringing him to this club that he is even in a position to run his mouth like this, does anyone want to guess how his career would have gone if he'd stayed at Leeds?

He needs to respect the club, respect his colleagues, respect himself and button it.

I agree personally, just saying I don't understand why people get upset at Danny being Danny.

He was probably asked, if he'd talked to Jose about his future and simply told the truth.

His form is really poor, he will know that, so he's defensive when someone asks if he essentially feels he has a future at the club...

I still love Danny Rose.

Back
Top Bottom