Danny Rose

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

And are you saying Jan and Toby don't?

No, the point you keep dodging despite everyone else seeing it in too many matches is Aurier's brainfarts.

Regularly every few games.

If he didn't do them (and they arise from sheer stupidity, so entirely controllable) he'd be a decent RB, as he does most other things he needs to do to a decent standard.

Bit these brainfarts means he is too inconsistent to be a good defender - hence (and I'm repeating it as you seem to miss the point) , Mourhino playimg him in a very advanced position for a RB all the time.

I don't see a problem with Son or Winks becoming first-team players.

That team posted:

Lloris
Dier - Alderweireld - Vertonghen
Walker - Wanyama - Dembele - Rose
Dele - Eriksen
Kane

Subs: Vorm, Trippier, Davies, Winks, Son, Sissoko, Janssen
Ended up having Trippier replace Walker, Davies replacing Rose, Winks and Sissoko playing instead of Dembele and Wanyama and Son coming in.

Nothing particularly wrong with Son and Winks coming in, but that's weaker. Just is.

Didn't help that the bench then also became weaker. Because we couldn't upgrade what we actually had.

No, the point you keep dodging despite everyone else seeing it in too many matches is Aurier's brainfarts.

If he didn't do them (and they arise from sheer stupidity, so entirely controllable) he'd be a decent RB, as he does most other things he needs to do to a decent standard.

Bit these brainfarts means he is too inconsistent to be a good defender - hence (and I'm repeating it as you seem to miss the point) , Mourhino playimg him in a very advanced position for a RB all the time.

He just seems to make the wrong decisions too often like when and when not to tackle and his marking is shocking
If José can coach these aspects out of him then fine but at present he’s a liability
I shudder when the opposition has the ball in our area and he’s the nearest defender
You just know what’s likely to happen

Jose has also said he thinks Aurier can be the best in the league. 'Confidence play' you may suggest, but if JM does lack faith in Aurier or wanted to play more defensively down that flank (as you suggest) then I think it's safe to say he'll phase Serge out in favour of Tanganga over the coming weeks.

My money is on that not happening.

I fail to see your logic.

Tanganga is a CB first and formost with minimal experience of playing full back.

He's being played at LB because Davies has been injured, Jan too slow and Sessegnon nt a decent defender - and when out of possession Tanganga almost as LCB.

He played a sort of RB position, and did tolerably well, and indeed against Middlesbrough did several great lung busting runs up the right side and dekivered some very good crosees,, but I suspect that was to rest Aurier.

Nowhere have I suggested that Tanganga will be a full back - although perfectly possible he will play FB to add depth to both RB and LB as we do not have depth on either flank.

ATM we do not have a professional RB better than Aurier in the squad. Sadly

I fail to see your logic.

Tanganga is a CB first and formost with minimal experience of playing full back.

He's being played at LB because Davies has been injured, Jan too slow and Sessegnon nt a decent defender - and when out of possession Tanganga almost as LCB.

He played a sort of RB position, and did tolerably well, and indeed against Middlesbrough did several great lung busting runs up the right side and dekivered some very good crosees,, but I suspect that was to rest Aurier.

Nowhere have I suggested that Tanganga will be a full back - although perfectly possible he will play FB to add depth to both RB and LB as we do not have depth on either flank.

ATM we do not have a professional RB better than Aurier in the squad. Sadly

If JM is prepared to play JT at FB and JT is a right footer with previous at RB then why not?

If JM is prepared to play JT at FB and JT is a right footer with previous at RB then why not?

Tanganga has played less than half a dozen games at FB (mainly or even only at RB) in Spurs youth, so his main experience at RB we've seen in PL !

So pretty inexperienced as a RB.

Certainly think Mourhno will play him at RB if he wants to rest Aurier this season, but although Tanganga's calmness at playing in the first team has been a revelation as was his runs at RB v Boro, I don't see Mourhino immediately playing Tanganga as his first choice RB. But if Aurier were injured for a couple of games.....he might find it difficult to get back !

It's the general act of going to bat for yourself in the media and undermining the any sense of harmony that may exist inside the club. It also risks any impacting on the perceived value of a player should it become necessary to sell them.

As a matter of principal, respect & professionalism; just don't do it.

If someone in your workplace was 'undermining the sense of harmony', wouldn't you have a word? Surely someone in the dressing would... The club would also have a set of standards to adhere too, after all he's an employee.

Save for a couple of occasions; he's been shite since he returned in Oct '17.... Yet has continued to vent in the media and even now is still playing the victim whilst on loan at another club.

I'd rather concern myself with what is best for the club than sentimentally pander to a spoiled millionaire that shows little respect for me or us.

Yep, but before that the injury he was good, despite the revisionism going on in this thread.

As I've said previously in this thread, it's probably best he left, but he's another player who has had a career defining injury playing for us, who's getting panned when he should be thanked.

P.S I'm sure if he knew he had personally disrespected you, he'd buy you a bag of chips to say sorry :)

Please list these brainfarts, I am dying to know what they are and how different they are to other defenders in this team.

This "advanced" position he's been given is actually rarely seen (I know that the intention is there). We spend so much time camped on the edge of our box we are playing 5 at the back with him as one of the 5!!!

That team posted:

Lloris
Dier - Alderweireld - Vertonghen
Walker - Wanyama - Dembele - Rose
Dele - Eriksen
Kane

Subs: Vorm, Trippier, Davies, Winks, Son, Sissoko, Janssen
Ended up having Trippier replace Walker, Davies replacing Rose, Winks and Sissoko playing instead of Dembele and Wanyama and Son coming in.

Nothing particularly wrong with Son and Winks coming in, but that's weaker. Just is.

Didn't help that the bench then also became weaker. Because we couldn't upgrade what we actually had.
I take the point but clearly, though the bigger issue is with 80% of that first team and not the bench. Sorry if I've missed your point.

Please list these brainfarts, I am dying to know what they are and how different they are to other defenders in this team.

This "advanced" position he's been given is actually rarely seen (I know that the intention is there). We spend so much time camped on the edge of our box we are playing 5 at the back with him as one of the 5!!!

I gave you one example several posts ago - one of 2 or 3 brainfarts in the Bayern home game which led directly to goals - and our worst ever home defeat.

If you don't remember, suggest you refresh your memory by revisiting the match thread - think you will find plenty of posters suggesting that was surely the end for him after one of the most error strewn displays ever seen in a Spurs shirt

I gave you one example several posts ago - one of 2 or 3 brainfarts in the Bayern home game which led directly to goals - and our worst ever home defeat.

If you don't remember, suggest you refresh your memory by revisiting the match thread - think you will find plenty of posters suggesting that was surely the end for him after one of the most error strewn displays ever seen in a Spurs shirt
I love you mate honestly but please be specific here. I've just watched the goals back and to my point earlier about our other defenders being more culpable is 100% the case with every single goal Bayern score with perhaps the exception of their 3rd when they played an excellent 1-2 and Gnabry just was faster than him in a foot race.

Where are the brainfarts?

Tanganga has played less than half a dozen games at FB (mainly or even only at RB) in Spurs youth, so his main experience at RB we've seen in PL !

So pretty inexperienced as a RB.

Certainly think Mourhno will play him at RB if he wants to rest Aurier this season, but although Tanganga's calmness at playing in the first team has been a revelation as was his runs at RB v Boro, I don't see Mourhino immediately playing Tanganga as his first choice RB. But if Aurier were injured for a couple of games.....he might find it difficult to get back !

He appears to have been "trusted" so far both in the seniors and U23s.

Whereas you said Aurier isn't trusted.....

I'm not saying that JT is better or that JTs future is at FB, but JM does have an option.

Again, note Jose has spoken favorably of Serge.

If someone in your workplace was 'undermining the sense of harmony', wouldn't you have a word? Surely someone in the dressing would... The club would also have a set of standards to adhere too, after all he's an employee.

Well we're led to believe Poch had a stern word... Rose showed no remorse..... He only proceeded to do more interviews with The Sun.... He's since found himself kept off the pre-season tour, transfer listed and now loaned out....

I'm not sure what your point is here.... The club have obviously had enough of him.

Yep, but before that the injury he was good, despite the revisionism going on in this thread.

No revisionism. By all means quote some posts that claim he was shit before his injury.

As I've said previously in this thread, it's probably best he left, but he's another player who has had a career defining injury playing for us, who's getting panned when he should be thanked.

....Another?

He's being panned for his conduct... If he hadn't chosen to mouth off on numerous occasions about how much he's worth and how he'll refuse to go anywhere then his decline would have been viewed differently.

We should be gushing with thanks? Oh please.... We made the fucker rich.

P.S I'm sure if he knew he had personally disrespected you, he'd buy you a bag of chips to say sorry :)

Funny.... But I only meant, me, you and everyone else; as in the fanbase (but I suspect you knew this).

I love you mate honestly but please be specific here. I've just watched the goals back and to my point earlier about our other defenders being more culpable is 100% the case with every single goal Bayern score with perhaps the exception of their 3rd when they played an excellent 1-2 and Gnabry just was faster than him in a foot race.

Where are the brainfarts?

If you have watched it and can't see his errors, nor recall the 3 sliding tackles in our box giving away 3 penalties in his first year and other brain farts then you are fully entitled to your opinion.

All I can say re the Bayern match is that if you read the match thread the vast majority of posters did not share your opinion, but each to their own opinion.

Its my opinion that Mourhino has dealt with Aurier defensive lapses which have cost us goals by playing him further forward than many RB's (compensating by playing Davies and now Tanganga as a withdrawn LB) such that his defensive lapses are very much less likely to hurt us. That way of playing has meant that our attacks are much more skewed to being down the right, and potentially easier to defend against than attacks more evenly distributed down both flanks, but it has made best use of Aurier and seems to have made him less prone to brain farts (maybe Aurier feels under less pressure away from his own goal, who knows) and therefore a much more reliable RB in the last couple of months.

If you have watched it and can't see his errors, nor recall the 3 sliding tackles in our box giving away 3 penalties in his first year and other brain farts then you are fully entitled to your opinion.

All I can say re the Bayern match is that if you read the match thread the vast majority of posters did not share your opinion, but each to their own opinion.

Its my opinion that Mourhino has dealt with Aurier defensive lapses which have cost us goals by playing him further forward than many RB's (compensating by playing Davies and now Tanganga as a withdrawn LB) such that his defensive lapses are very much less likely to hurt us. That way of playing has meant that our attacks are much more skewed to being down the right, and potentially easier to defend against than attacks more evenly distributed down both flanks, but it has made best use of Aurier and seems to have made him less prone to brain farts (maybe Aurier feels under less pressure away from his own goal, who knows) and therefore a much more reliable RB in the last couple of months.
Mate if you read the match thread in this place we are the shittest team in the world, should be playing on Hackney marshes and every player should be shot at dawn. I don't nor ever have taken my views off those posted in these pages.

We all know what he was like in his FIRST season, that was THREE years ago. But what is he doing NOW?

He has played him further forward, everyone knows this, it's been discussed at length, however this doesn't happen every game. In fact, the last few games we've been playing with a back five with him in that, pinned back in our own half and camped for most of the time on the edge of our own box. He has made the MOST TACKLES of anyone in our side during this season AND for those games, we are playing in a back five!!! (Only ONE PL player who's featured in more than 1,000 mins of football has ore successful tackles than him)!

I've asked for these calamitous errors and brainfarts to be specifically highlighted, I've asked at least 5 other people now on this forum to identify these, not one person and now including you have done so. Is there is a reason for this? Maybe, just maybe they can't be found and that he is still being judged for his first season?

Please don't take this as me attacking you, I'm genuinely not, I think you are a great poster and we've enjoyed some great conversations over the years. This is just a big disagreement. But unless these heinous crimes of football are specified is it any wonder why I'm banging his drum?

Last edited:
Can you take the Aurier talk to the Aurier thread?

I wanna discuss if Danny has punched a horse yet and gone local.

Having indirectly waged war against Levy for the last 3 years for not spending enough money and paying shit wages; you gotta wonder when Rose vs Ashley kicks off.

Last edited:

He wasn’t that advanced when he chopped Aguero down for the pen

One way or another Ben gets a ridiculously raw deal just because Mane & Sane each once roasted him for pace few years back.

God that game still gives me nightmares.

Was also one of the first time I thought wtf is Poch doing, the fact we started with a high line against those two with Davies, Jan and Toby still blows my mind to this day.

Back
Top Bottom