Danny Rose

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Jeez are you serious fml. For me its Spurs all the fucking way. I love Danny but tbf if he left tmrw I wouldn't shed a tear nor for Poch if any other player/ coach/ manager left. Spurs are my first, last, my everything( sorry Barry) but I will defend any player that I feel is being unjustly maligned. Seriously Airfixx this is some seriously fucked up club if a totally innocuous interview in which no one was dissed and no real insight was given can destabilise it....C'mon son a tad out or what mate.
Meant OTT....soz

All of these players running their contracts down and a manager that is supporting them in doing so (Rose speaking very highly of him still shows that) points to a very bad relationship with the owners I am afraid from both the players and the manager.

I think this entire season has been a middle finger to the owners from the players and the manager, it certainly seems to be indicating that is the case anyway.

Levy has probably made promises and not kept them, it wouldn't surprise me, we have heard this from numerous previous managers as well but even if that isn't the case what I will say is this, Levy has proven once again that he is failing the footballing side of things, if he wasn't the players wouldn't have this much power or Levy would just be paying their contracts out and cutting losses to move forward.

ENIC are the real issue here and everybody who isn't blinkered knows that, same "mistakes" keep happening time and time again.

Because I don't rate him as a footballer. And he is a loose cannon in front of a microphone.
[/QUOTE
Ummmm ok can get the football bit each to their own its subjective that's cool. Loose cannon again ok BUT what has he said about the club/ players/ management that is so harmful or disrespectful. I just think he told it like it is maybe more should be like this??

I said "feasible".

We simply didn't have the money to pay what a Chelsea or a City might have done.... Hense the new stadium... I think, deep down, you know this.....

You're also ignoring the fact that we were trying to put them on far improved terms TWO+ years ago!

Says who? ENIC? We didn't have the money? OR they didn't want to pay the money because it would cut into their profit margin too much?

Let's just say it as it is, we have owners who don't have any intent of taking this club to a truly competitive level, the stadium has nothing to do with success on the pitch either, that's just a way to aquire land and make money.

If the owners can't compete and make us competitive then frankly they can sell up and fuck off as far as I am concerned, this club shouldn't exist just to be ENICs little money maker.

With the way things are going currently it's not even going to be that, for all the talk of us not being able to compete and how we shouldn't just spend money to be competitive, look at what the opposite is getting us...

When I saw his thread move up the listing, I immediately thought, what's he said now? My take is that he now trusts the manager where he wasn't as respectful in the Sun interview.
Players now have the power in their hands to run down a contract to their advantage. Too many of them are content with taking their wages and being bench warmers, rather than moving to a lesser club for lesser money, but having a longer playing career. Suppose I don't blame them, but I certainly don't respect them for doing it.

Rose was really good, he hasn’t been since like 16-17. We have tried to offload him for two years now, hopefully we finally see the end of him in January, maybe a loan with option to buy to like Watford or Burnley.

What an odious cunt.

Hope he never plays for us ever again.
Do you know what odious means? It's really pretty strong for someone you've never met in your life. He could be a very fine stand up family guy who gives a shit load to charity and social causes...oh, oh wait he gave an interview in a newspaper in which he said absolutely fuck all we didn't already know...odius yeah I got ya...prick.

Can't really blame him, he is already more or less finished at top level as a footballer and probably wants to sign one last big contract in 2021, in China for all I care.

Ummmm ok can get the football bit each to their own its subjective that's cool. Loose cannon again ok BUT what has he said about the club/ players/ management that is so harmful or disrespectful. I just think he told it like it is maybe more should be like this??
The time for this kind of talk is when he has moved on to another club. You don't go running your mouth off about your employer in the public arena. He should be hauled in front of our version of a HR department for this. It was only 6 or 7 months ago that he said he could not wait to retire from football. At a time when we are quite clearly in crisis, we don't need this guy fanning the flames-he is only creating problems for his manager. Not only is he stupid and an utter hothead, but he is extremely selfish and disruptive.

Back
Top Bottom