Danny Rose

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Honestly, he was one of my favourite players before he came out with that interview last August, people go on about this 'old' Danny Rose being amazing which is true, was the best fullback in the league, but 'old' Rose doesn't exist anymore.

Hope he fucks off to Sunderland because he loved it their so much, cunt.

Honestly, he was one of my favourite players before he came out with that interview last August, people go on about this 'old' Danny Rose being amazing which is true, was the best fullback in the league, but 'old' Rose doesn't exist anymore.

Hope he fucks off to Sunderland because he loved it their so much, cunt.

Agree with the first part of your post, but I personally wish he'd just shut the fuck up, get his fucking head down and get back to his best for us. He would still be a massive asset to us if he could do that.

I thought we saw signs of Rose back to his best against Leicester. If he’s willing to nuckle down, work hard and fight for his place then great.

The comments he made are in the past. If Poch is happy to forgive and forget then that’s good enough for me.

He was really good against Leicester to be honest.

Playing as if he knew his chance of getting a big move is gone now and that the likes of Everton are the only team interested. As if he realised how good he has it as Spurs.

He was really good against Leicester to be honest.

Playing as if he knew his chance of getting a big move is gone now and that the likes of Everton are the only team interested. As if he realised how good he has it as Spurs.
Flogging him to Everton for £40m+ would make me laugh, to be honest. His interview was a proper low point last summer and it'd serve him right to end up there.

Poch should tell him he wants him in his office to discuss an England call up, but tell him he's sold.

Danny Rose reveals Mauricio Pochettino England wind-up

Like poetry.

I thought he was actually pretty good in the last few games for us. I'd love to see him stay unless we can get 35m-40m+ for him. I just don't think it'd be easy to replace him for any less money than that. I also don't think he'll be able to command that type of fee on his recent form. I feel like there is a very good chance he stays this summer.

It was Danny's interview hinting at 'unrest' in the Spurs camp that led to the never ending media fantasy wind-ups about our players leaving ... any journalist can point to that interview as a justification for printing just about any old shit .... and they do ...
It was a huge, massive, almost unforgivable feck up ... and stupidly Danny still talks about it whenever asked ... he's a very good player but if he gets sold no tears will be shed, either by the fans, nor I expect by his teammates, many of whom have been portrayed very badly since in mountains of rumors and downright lies ...

Danny started this media feeding frenzy ... just maybe his departure will end it ....

Asked whether he regretted the interview last year he said: “It happened 10 months ago, there is no point talking about it now. I regret nothing, I didn't tell any lies, there is no point talking about it. I like to think everyone has moved on”

That’s the problem though. Not everyone can just move on and forget it.

He said himself that he had never forgotten what Spurs fans said in 2014 when he got a new contract.
Could say there was no point talking about that but he did anyway.

That interview is never going away.

Sorry, but I am not sure if I want him to stay.

I reckon and admit - he has really-really useful qualities. He is fast and athletic. His defensive work has imprioved. But at the same time, his deliveries into danger areas are actually still not there. I'd just remind that Davies had more goal involvements in the season that just ended DESPITE the fact he had to pull the wagon single-handedly, even though before there was luxury of rotating fullbacks and keep them fresher.

But bigger problem than that to me is that I cannot trust him anymore. We all know what he said and in what fashion he said that. Now in an interview he stated that "he does not regret anything". What I am afraid of is that he might buckle down for the next season just to get some "big move" in 2019 summer. Currently from his form, no big club would want him and that would mean we invest energy into him, give him chances and in 1 years time he fu**s us over still. Maybe would be more reasonable to focus on the permanent solution? Someone who is behind our project with his heart and brain? Answer that he does not regret anything (I'd just remind that this answer means that he does not regret saying stuff like "we should not buy players you have to google first" - strategy which has landed us players like Alli and Dier for combined fee of 9 mil!) to me still hints that he is not.

It was Danny's interview hinting at 'unrest' in the Spurs camp that led to the never ending media fantasy wind-ups about our players leaving ... any journalist can point to that interview as a justification for printing just about any old shit .... and they do ...
It was a huge, massive, almost unforgivable feck up ... and stupidly Danny still talks about it whenever asked ... he's a very good player but if he gets sold no tears will be shed, either by the fans, nor I expect by his teammates, many of whom have been portrayed very badly since in mountains of rumors and downright lies ...
Danny started this media feeding frenzy ... just maybe his departure will end it ....
What a load of utter bollocks.

Asked whether he regretted the interview last year he said: “It happened 10 months ago, there is no point talking about it now... I didn't tell any lies.”

Damn right, in many ways he simply said what Pochettino alluded to a year later in his last press conference.

Hope he has a great World Cup and is fighting fit for us at the start of the season.

Great news to start the day with. A new contract for Toby next please.

That’s the problem though. Not everyone can just move on and forget it.

He said himself that he had never forgotten what Spurs fans said in 2014 when he got a new contract.
Could say there was no point talking about that but he did anyway.

That interview is never going away.
You're right. It's never going away but that remains so wether he remains at Spurs or not. If he left the interview would still be brought up, if he stays the interview is brought up. "Lads it's Tottenham" still gets brought up despite hardly ever losing these days and clearly shaken off that tag line 4yrs ago, but as sure as eggs is eggs it get's trotted out after each of our 4 or 5 losses each season.

What's important is to trust the Manager. The Manger who has inserted standards and an etiquette of what is expected from the players, step outside of theses and you're history. He has made examples of other players, we will never know if he would have binned off Rose too this season, Rose's injury saw to it that he missed most of the season, but given what we have seen and heard I would be surprised if he would have played him had be been fit for the first couple of months of the season.

Either way, it's clear conversations have taken place, sometime ago too as he's never not trained with the squad whilst working on getting his fitness back. I do trust Poch to select a player who's mind is right, wants to play, is training hard, competing for his position, adding value to the team, etc..., just as I trust him not to select a player that does tick the right boxes, Toby anyone.

I hated the interview and thought him an absolute cunt for doing it, nothing has changed my view on that, but players come and go, players are good and bad, agents are snides but the Club is why we are here and I applaud the values of the club instilled under Poch, Levy & McDermott. These values stand for something and our players have to abide by them and live them in order to play for us, if he's playing then the management deem him to be abiding by them. That's good enough for me, they are there 24/7/.

Whilst we have John Cwoss, Neil Ashton & Custis and their view on Tottenham 24/7. I know who I'm backing.

Danny rose started the media frenzy about our players leaving? where have you been mate this has been going on since forever, it's not a secret players can get more money moving to man city and the press have been using that every season as justification for writing stories about our players leaving.

Last edited:
Poch has made similar comments than Danny, just in a far more strategic way, with better timing and a lot more professionally.

It happened a year ago, he’s apologised, he wants to win his place back, time to move on.

If Danny has a great World Cup, are people really telling me they wouldn’t want him at Spurs next season?

Back
Top Bottom