Danny Rose

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not good yesterday, but that was his fifth league start of the season maybe?

Poch said he subbed him because he was knackered.

Take these into account and it’s probably no surprise he struggled a bit.

Funny how the club can't reduce salary based on performance, but the player can pull a strop the other way around!
On the other side the club can fuck the player off Scandinavia or let him rot in the reserves simply because it wants to and the player can’t do anything about it. Also on the other side, players can hang around making giant wages while performing like lazy cunts (see Ade). To get rid of these wasters the clubs usually have to pay a percentage of the total contract to sack them - but a player who performs above their wage can be made to see out their contract at value.

At the end of the day contracts are still written in favor of the clubs and always will be - no club ever sells a player because it has no other choice (it’s just that the club realizes the alternatives lead to losing money).

On the other side the club can fuck the player off Scandinavia or let him rot in the reserves simply because it wants to and the player can’t do anything about it. Also on the other side, players can hang around making giant wages while performing like lazy cunts (see Ade). To get rid of these wasters the clubs usually have to pay a percentage of the total contract to sack them - but a player who performs above their wage can be made to see out their contract at value.

At the end of the day contracts are still written in favor of the clubs and always will be - no club ever sells a player because it has no other choice (it’s just that the club realizes the alternatives lead to losing money).
If a club lets a player rots, there are this thing called players association that could intervene.

If a club lets a player rots, there are this thing called players association that could intervene.
Has the players association ever stepped in for anything? We put Ade, by any description a highly successful player at a number of very top PL clubs, down to training with the reserves.

Not saying they should have done anything - but if they were going to do something that’s the situation in which they would. But they have fuck all power anyway, so rather than show their impotence they simply avoid getting involved.

Clubs still have all the power, all players can do is pout.

Has the players association ever stepped in for anything? We put Ade, by any description a highly successful player at a number of very top PL clubs, down to training with the reserves.

Not saying they should have done anything - but if they were going to do something that’s the situation in which they would. But they have fuck all power anyway, so rather than show their impotence they simply avoid getting involved.

Clubs still have all the power, all players can do is pout.
I guess thats because Ade didnt anything either which meant he probably felt that action was justified with all the family juju going on.

I seem to recall Modric or somebody else case where a lot of people said the association will step up if they let him rot against his will.

After yesterday’s performance I bet Danny isn’t quibbling about being paid what he’s worth

Exactly.....not many banging the "just give him what he wants" drum now either.

65k a week looking like 60k too much to be honest, relatively speaking of course.
I don't hear Davies moaning and he's twice the player. Rose is going down the Luke Shaw path. Nothing without Poch.

Davies has been better then he has ever been before or after his injury this season. He also looks like the injury has made him less mobile and taken a couple of yards of his pace, give him till the end of next season to prove he can compete at the required level again if not sell him to some shite like Newcastle, that must far enough in the North for him

Davies has been better then he has ever been before or after his injury this season. He also looks like the injury has made him less mobile and taken a couple of yards of his pace, give him till the end of next season to prove he can compete at the required level again if not sell him to some shite like Newcastle, that must far enough in the North for him
Cheeky swap with Celtic for Tierny

Problem is that we will have a maximum of 2 mid week games, Newcastle and a rearranged game if we progress in the FA Cup. That does not allow much scope/reason to allow the players that need to prove themselves after injury play and Moura who is new. If Rose does not play and misses out on World cup then no big club will be after him and we either sell him cheaply or keep him. They also will question if Rose will ever be the player he was. Toby is a bit different as he will play in World cup and thus prove himself. Wanyama and Winks are going nowhere.

Thought he had a decent game for England v Netherlands - not world class but certainly better than he's played recently for Spurs - but its going to be difficult to displace Davies who is doing nothing wrong so just a question of rotation where we have midweek games (so only 2 or 3 times in the rest of the season ?)

Thought he had a decent game for England v Netherlands - not world class but certainly better than he's played recently for Spurs - but its going to be difficult to displace Davies who is doing nothing wrong so just a question of rotation where we have midweek games (so only 2 or 3 times in the rest of the season ?)

I think Rose is done. Great player, but Pochettino has a strong sense of honour, and Rose has been pissing all over that.

Davies has more than held his own anyway, so it’s not an emergency.

I think Rose is done. Great player, but Pochettino has a strong sense of honour, and Rose has been pissing all over that.

Davies has more than held his own anyway, so it’s not an emergency.

as you say, Davies has been so good, and so consistent as well, that I can't really see any option but for Rose to leave because barring an injury to Davies he just is never going to get as much game time now. Is he ever going to reach that same peak that he was pre-injury again? At 27 you'd think the likes of Utd are going to take that punt on him and probably get a good player for a reasonable fee. Or Rose can stay if he wants. I think turning down a solid offer is the only way he can get back in Poch's good books now. I'd like to see that, but I doubt we will.

as you say, Davies has been so good, and so consistent as well, that I can't really see any option but for Rose to leave because barring an injury to Davies he just is never going to get as much game time now. Is he ever going to reach that same peak that he was pre-injury again? At 27 you'd think the likes of Utd are going to take that punt on him and probably get a good player for a reasonable fee. Or Rose can stay if he wants. I think turning down a solid offer is the only way he can get back in Poch's good books now. I'd like to see that, but I doubt we will.
Rose is an interesting case, mainly because he makes the match day squad, he hasn't been frozen out. History shows when Poch says you're out then that means you're out.

There could well be a deal done with him, he keeps his gob shut, he knuckles down and trains 100% then he will be selected, which will also help him to get his place back in the England squad for the World cup. This also benefits us as his value remains high.

But you could flip the coin and that we could have said you will get more wedge, a new contract with the money he's looking for next season. I know it's all rumours now but there is stuff out in the media regarding Toby being offered £130k pm, that Dele, Vertonghan, Dembele, Kane, Lamela etc. are all being offered improved deals for next year. So, maybe he knows he is in line for a new deal that he's happy with????

Back
Top Bottom