Danny Rose

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I have scanned some of the posts since it was mooted that if...

Rose said he wanted to leave....

If a bid of 30 million plus was received....

And probably if we were able to find a decent/good and cheaper replacement......

So 3 big conditions which are unlikely but nevertheless possible and you would think Rasputin himself had cried innocence to being an unkempt and unshaven skank!!

I mean take a look at yourselves those who are welling up.

It is just a supposition and no more.

Bingo. This whole thing is one of the biggest unrealistic hypotheticals. It's my opinion that I'd sell Rose for 80m unrealistic pounds and all of a sudden my loyalty gets called into question around here.

Bingo. This whole thing is one of the biggest unrealistic hypotheticals. It's my opinion that I'd sell Rose for 80m unrealistic pounds and all of a sudden my loyalty gets called into question around here.

Oh come on, cry us a river... You were calling people "prick" a moment ago.... Why? Just cos they refuted your reasoning over said hypothetical scenario.

Don't be such a pussy.

We have had many players leave for (at the time) good money. We never managed to replace the likes of Teddy (not much money), Carrick, Berbatov, Bale or Modric.

If you have special players, you must keep them, regardless of money, because the money you get will raise expectations and in most cases lead to diappointment.

Oh come on, cry us a river... You were calling people "prick" a moment ago.... Why? Just cos they refuted your reasoning over said hypothetical scenario.

Don't be such a pussy.
The loyalty comment was towards FOK FOK

And I called you a prick because you were being one. Not because you were challenging my hypothetical scenario.

Everyone has a cost. I'd sell Kane for 200m if the offer was on the table. Since we're talking in all hypotheticals and all. I wouldn't sell anyone else for their going rate right now. All I know is a faux 80m was thrown out for Rose and I'd take it.

I don't understand? Are you balancing the books? Are we as fans getting a portion of the proceeds on transfer sales? Otherwise there is no reason to want to sell Kane at any price. What satisfaction would that give us? And please don't say we could buy 6 other players or whatever. None could bring what Kane does.

I don't understand? Are you balancing the books? Are we as fans getting a portion of the proceeds on transfer sales? Otherwise there is no reason to want to sell Kane at any price. What satisfaction would that give us? And please don't say we could buy 6 other players or whatever. None could bring what Kane does.
agree with this. everyone has market value but in reality Kane is priceless. rose not so imo. if we accepted a massive bid for Rose i'd trust Poch to replace well. Goals are the hardest thing to replace though

And if we sell Rose for £80 million, how much does Marcelo weigh in at?

This is all very silly. Keep the players that Poch wants at all costs. End of argument really.
I was not suggesting selling Rose, just saying he is probably the second best player in the world in his position.
It was a compliment ... Not that I would say no to Marcelo if he was on offer.

I was not suggesting selling Rose, just saying he is probably the second best player in the world in his position.
It was a compliment ... Not that I would say no to Marcelo if he was on offer.
I was agreeing with you.
There's only one LB out there who we could bring in & who would conceivably be an upgrade on Danny. So why sell Danny? It would cost us more to buy the one player who is arguably an upgrade on him. And even that is arguable when you factor in different league, new culture, time required to adapt to both & training methods under a new manager. I'm just reiterating that even hypothesising about selling a key player is lunacy.

It's like that kids game "would you rather?" Usually followed by "die by poisoning or by by fire?"

Fair point Cleveland. I retract my Kane comment.

And please don't say we could buy 6 other players or whatever.
What if we can buy 7?

signings730.jpg

Back
Top Bottom