Danny Rose

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

And it's the easiest way for filthy rich clubs to weaken us.

Yep. It really is as short sighted a view as I've seen. Rose may never replicate the form he's shown for us anywhere else- people may then say "good business for Spurs, he's past his best". But the damage it could do to our short/mid term aspirations isn't even worth risking.

Then instead of being a sarcastic prick, why don't you tell me what you're trying to get at with your sorry excuse for humor post above. Citing Sissoko, Jannsen, and GKN when talking about Poch and spending.

Sounds like you're slagging him off to me.

I was responding to the hypocrisy and double standards you were exhibiting in order to support your "yay! dosh" attitude to Rose/money...

AVB-era; so-called Bale money is 'wasted': Conclusion AVB is not to be trusted in the transfer market.

Poch-era; we blow £70m in similarly successful fashion (a mere 9 months ago): Yet you're not jumping to the same conclusion?

Is that route-1 enough for ya, Fat Sam?

I was responding to the hypocrisy and double standards you were exhibiting in order to support your "yay! dosh" attitude to Rose/money...

AVB-era; so-called Bale money is 'wasted': Conclusion AVB is not to be trusted in the transfer market.

Poch-era; we blow £70m in similarly successful fashion (a mere 9 months ago): Yet you're not jumping to the same conclusion?

Is that route-1 enough for ya, Fat Sam?
So then don't say you're not slagging off Poch for his use of money when you are

I don't think Poch has blown 70m on players. I haven't written off Vinny and GKN yet, it's apparent that you have though.

But this is exactly the sort of attitude that takes us back to square one isn't it? Can't resist £80 million for a player. I'd say we CAN absolutely resist eye watering sums of money for our players unless they are crystal clear that they won't stay. It's pointless to build something as near to a title winning team as most of us have ever seen with our own eyes, to dismantle it again because someone offered stupid sums of money for a player or players. If the player wants out, show them the door & leave it to Daniel Levy to hang the buyer out to dry. But we really shouldn't be entertaining turning over a profit unless or until the player himself asks to leave.
You're putting words in my mouth Bolton. I never said I'd take 80m for any player on our squad. I said I'd take 80m for Rose. I'd also take 80m for Son. No other player in our starting XI I'd take 80m for.

I'm not Totti Totti and know every player in every league by name. But 80m can get you some great players right now. I think we can get by with a Davies filling in for Rose and the team can be better with 80m to spend on a Kane backup or someone that can push for a spot in the midfield.

Or we can just get Isco:levyeyes:

I mean it's 80m we're talking about.

In other words: Weaken our starting 11 in order to buy backups.

I know selling Rose for 80m sounds intuitive at first, as it is way beyond the market price for world class LB's.

But that's just crazy. Money alone doesn't get you anywhere in football. Great players do. Rose is one.

We're doing amazing right now with the players we have.

Since Rose has been out we've been 10-1-2. He's fantastic for our system but we can survive without him. And like I said, I just couldn't turn down 80m for him.

Where does it end though..... sure city would splash £100 million on Kane.... we won all our last games when he was out injured........90million for dele.....
Hugo is in demand as well now....why not take 50 million for him as form has done great.......
We are on the cusp of greatness, its not about selling any players to anyone, the spurs team feels like a family, I think if any of our main players went it would upset the mood of the dressing room.....

And it's the easiest way for filthy rich clubs to weaken us.

Hit the nail on the fucking head!
hit-the-nail-on-the-head-1024x1024.jpg

This is what fergie used to do, buy the best players from other teams to weaken them.....

Where does it end though..... sure city would splash £100 million on Kane.... we won all our last games when he was out injured........90million for dele.....
Hugo is in demand as well now....why not take 50 million for him as form has done great.......
We are on the cusp of greatness, its not about selling any players to anyone, the spurs team feels like a family, I think if any of our main players went it would upset the mood of the dressing room.....
Everyone has a cost. I'd sell Kane for 200m if the offer was on the table. Since we're talking in all hypotheticals and all. I wouldn't sell anyone else for their going rate right now. All I know is a faux 80m was thrown out for Rose and I'd take it.

You're putting words in my mouth Bolton. I never said I'd take 80m for any player on our squad. I said I'd take 80m for Rose. I'd also take 80m for Son. No other player in our starting XI I'd take 80m for.
Im not putting words in anyone's mouth. I'm expressing an opinion that selling players from this squad is too big a risk to our ambitions.
The only players we should be talking about selling are those who want to go, or those that Poch wants rid of. Fuck all this talk of "what would you do if...". Let's keep this team together. And let's keep them focused & motivated.

Everyone has a cost. I'd sell Kane for 200m if the offer was on the table. Since we're talking in all hypotheticals and all. I wouldn't sell anyone else for their going rate right now. All I know is a faux 80m was thrown out for Rose and I'd take it.

Well I bloody wouldn't. What the hell is 200 mil going to get you as a fan? Couldn't give a monkeys toss about 200 mil when we would be selling one of the best strikers this club has ever produced. I want my club to go on and win things. We will always be nearly men if we keep selling our prized assets. Massive stadium on the way and there is no reason to sell anyone. I wouldn't sell Kane if it was 300 million.

So then don't say you're not slagging off Poch for his use of money when you are

I don't think Poch has blown 70m on players. I haven't written off Vinny and GKN yet, it's apparent that you have though.

Not so.... Then again, some of that Bale money panned out OK too, eh, but that's apparently not a consideration for you.

As a fan I'd rather keep the team together than have 80 million in the bank.
We had a big wad of cash after selling berbatov. It didn't help the team much.
We are building a team and I don't really care about getting lots of money in transfer fees.
If the manager wants to keep the player then we do all we can to keep him, including rejecting silly money bids

I think Davies would get into most PL teams... (SKY TOP FOUR / FIVE SIX aside)
The fact he's our back-up Left/Wing-Back speaks volumes...

I genuinely think Poch is trying to create a squad made up of TWO quality players for each position...
(I know it's a bit 'Mourinho'... but I tend to agree that's what we need)

Rose and Davies are the epitome of that, as are WALKER and TRIPPER... we're not selling any of them!

Just look at DEMBELE, WANYAMA, DIER & WINKS in midfield...
an attcking creative trio of ERIKSEN/DELE/LAMELA... that you could put any two or all three into the team and not weaken it; up front there's KANE/SON and JANSSE...Oh... but apart from that, I think Poch is building the squad he wants... strength in depth in all areas!

* SISSOKO is also excluded from this debate... as he is clearly the weakest link in an otherwise well oiled machine!

I have scanned some of the posts since it was mooted that if...

Rose said he wanted to leave....

If a bid of 30 million plus was received....

And probably if we were able to find a decent/good and cheaper replacement......

So 3 big conditions which are unlikely but nevertheless possible and you would think Rasputin himself had cried innocence to being an unkempt and unshaven skank!!

I mean take a look at yourselves those who are welling up.

It is just a supposition and no more.

I can love Eriksen and still think AVB bought poorly with the Bale money.

I hate to have to break it to you, but look carefully.... You're the only one (of us two at least) blaming the managers themselves...

Bullet to the foot there, fella.... Bad luck.

Until next time...

Yours...
A.Prick.

I don't know why you support us. I love Danny Rose because he's Danny Fucking Rose :roseunsure:

Back
Top Bottom