Daniel Levy

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I agree with a lot of that, all I'm saying is, if he was after Zaha, Sessegnon, Martial, those choices are not too realistic. We aren't going to pay the fees of the high wages. There should be a lot of decent alternatives but for some reason nothing is materialising. I'm expecting more of the same this summer, where ever we finish.
You can also 'go' after unrealistic targets for a while and say that you've tried when the inevitable outcome presents itself.

I don't want a revolution or anything but questions about our lack of business have to be asked.

We’ve been building a stadium. It’s that simple.
ENIC don’t invest their own money. What we earn has been spent on increasing existing players wages and buildings.
(And also management wages)

That’s it. Question answered.

Hopefully being in the Europa league won’t affect spending this summer if we don’t qualify for the CL.

ENIC don’t invest their own money. What we earn has been spent on increasing existing players wages and buildings.

Hopefully being in the Europa league won’t affect spending this summer if we don’t qualify for the CL.
Pretty sure if we lose out on CL that excuse about europa league having an impact will come out.

We qualified for the CL last season, didnt help with the spending.

l can think of 2 who's 1000 posts a day are full of diatribe bollocks
"doing it the right way " ,
"Levy best chairman known to mankind " "Signings are for fuckwits " ,
"we can't improve ",
" Trippier is a class act , Walker is shit brigade "
" we have the moral superiority "
"winning trophies, titles is not the way forward "
" This is best Spurs team ever "

The supercunts are our 5th column.
( blimey they must be on beano , can't hear a Dickie bird )
Any one who says 'winning trophies, titles is not the way forward' are not real supporters. They support the chairman and not the club. Of course anyone who disagrees is short termist and levy has the very super long term in mind where we will all die before the club wins anything.

We qualified for the CL last season, didnt help with the spending.

Building the fucking stadium!!!

I literally just said that.

(That came across quite short - doing two things at once!
I’m more concerned that although supposedly EL was always the club’s financial plan the fact we have CL and still spent nothing on players shows all our funds are being diverted the stadium)

Building the fucking stadium!!!

I literally just said that.
This is stupid. The stadium may have been built, but that doesnt mean the loans have been repaid. They wont be repaid for the next 3-4 years. If the loans were affecting us last summer regardless of CL qualification, they will affect us next summer too regardless of CL qualification.

This is stupid. The stadium may have been built, but that doesnt mean the loans have been repaid. They wont be repaid for the next 3-4 years. If the loans were affecting us last summer regardless of CL qualification, they will affect us next summer too regardless of CL qualification.

What’s your point here??

We won’t sign any players? Or we will?

Or it didn’t affect us we just actually chose not to buy players?

Oh I guarantee you that I wish I wasn’t right all along. But it was hard to see it any other way
When we were doing well , they couldn't help but gloat & say I told you so about not needing signings. But but we need signings etc.
The "told you so's" can no longer say it.

Last edited:
What’s your point here??

We won’t sign any players? Or we will?

Or it didn’t affect us we just actually chose not to buy players?
My point is that the stadium cant be used as a reason to not sign anyone last summer and that somehow the stadium wont affect us the next summer because the loan repayments are the same before and now.

Basically the owners fucked up big time last summer by choosing not to strengthen the squad. It was a choice and it came to haunt us when an obvious better choice could have helped the team acheive something for once.

I agree with a lot of that, all I'm saying is, if he was after Zaha, Sessegnon, Martial, those choices are not too realistic. We aren't going to pay the fees of the high wages.
So how wealthy do we have to be for these players to be realistic targets. If the 10th richest club in the world view Sessegnon or Zaha as unrealistic targets somethings rotten at the top.

And if our financial position is so tight, then surely the man at the top should be setting an example.

Tottenham double amount paid to Daniel Levy for the year to more than £6m

Tottenham players stung by Daniel Levy’s £6m pay

Tottenham and Daniel Levy are the highest paid directors and chairmen in British football : coys

But not these kind of examples .

My point is that the stadium cant be used as a reason to not sign anyone last summer and that somehow the stadium wont affect us the next summer because the loan repayments are the same before and now.

Basically the owners fucked up big time last summer by choosing not to strengthen the squad. It was a choice and it came to haunt us when an obvious better choice could have helped the team acheive something for once.
I just keep wondering if a big reason we didn't buy anyone is because we knew there was likely to be a lengthy delay with the new stadium, which would really hit our revenue stream.

Nobody seems to know how much renting Wembley has been costing us.

You do realise Woolwich sold 22 players to bigger teams due to the cost of their stadium don't you? If signing nobody allows for us to pay our better players more money and retain them short term I'd prefer that to a merry go round of ins and outs. Time will tell but I do think our scouting department need to look at exceptionally talented youngsters to add to the fringes of the team.

Time will tell but the money we didn't spend is still part of the club, maybe it's been used for retention more than expansion at the cost of loss.

For the next 5-10 years we will be behind the likes of Chelsea, Liverpool, Woolwich, Man U etc. People need to accept we have a smaller fan base, no sugar daddy and a huge debt next to the clubs name. We put up a fight until February for the title which was great, the last month has been a real slump but we are still odds on favourites with the bookies for top 4. Get that and it is still another successful season and the best we could have wished for when looking at the money spent by our rivals who don't have the same financial obligations as we do at present.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom