Daniel Levy

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He thought Harry Kane & Co. Would give him Champions League football next year without investing in the squad for 2 transfer windows.
Levy could see at Christmas we were just about getting along, he should of spent money then, but he won't, remember the Leicester, if he had spent money on a second striker we may have won the league that season, it was just a lack of goals in the final few months that blow it for us.

We can shout about not buying players until the cows come home, but when we choose to leave arguably our best Centre half out of the match day squad for whatever reason (I don’t see VVD get pampered like this), we play a young naive right back in a crucial game whilst leaving our senior right back at home for the day, who gets little enough games as it is with Trippier around is not really an argument for needing more players? Having added more players in January would be a waste of time anyway considering the fact we were chasing a game yeasterday which we needed to win but made such late subs, so all those new shinny players would just be sitting at home with their feet up or warming up on the touch line for 85mins anyway.....
Something has happened behind the scenes with Poch and Levy ever since that Zidane meeting I think....

We can shout about not buying players until the cows come home, but when we choose to leave arguably our best Centre half out of the match day squad for whatever reason (I don’t see VVD get pampered like this), we play a young naive right back in a crucial game whilst leaving our senior right back at home for the day, who gets little enough games as it is with Trippier around is not really an argument for needing more players? Having added more players in January would be a waste of time anyway considering the fact we were chasing a game yeasterday which we needed to win but made such late subs, so all those new shinny players would just be sitting at home with their feet up or warming up on the touch line for 85mins anyway.....
Something has happened behind the scenes with Poch and Levy ever since that Zidane meeting I think....
adding a player or players in January may have got us wins in the games we lost, Man U, Chelsea, Burnley, we could have been a few points further ahaed

Legit there are ‘fans’ on here who literally celebrated when we signed nobody saying we’re doing it ‘the right way’

It’s crazy. New players are always needed.

The problem is our existing players are clearly too complacent now.
Something which injecting new players and more competition for places into the squad would have naturally stopped.

These players need to take a long hard look in the mirror. They have let themselves and the club down big time.

And Poch must be worried. He’s not had to deal with this issue before while manager here. Will he have the required funds to solve it this summer.

I think Levy will have a big problem in the summer if we don't make the CL,
If we make CL its easy to 1 or 2 top players and pay the extra wages (as we have CL money)
if we don't get CL, who plays in the EL ?, not most of the first team as we need to get into the top 4, so its the second team, but that lot needs reinforcements if we want to keep money coming in and Levy needs the money to keep coming in to pay second team wages
so we won't get top players in but the players that come will want first teamers wages and good transfer fees

I have tried not thinking about football since yesterday but I need to get some stuff off my chest.

In the past couple of years we have lost Kyle walker who I think at the time was easily the best right back in the league and integral to how we play with his pace and recovery ability. Danny rose isn't the same human seemingly let alone player, at the time we had the best full back pairing in the league.

We have also lost mousa dembeles a player who offered us so much strength and ball retention ability , he was alongside wanyama a player shot through Injuries-thats been clear for a while now.

We have made feeble efforts to replace core elements of our team. The signings of Aurier and Tripper were mistakes. Both aren't fit to lace walkers boots. Davies is ok, I quite like him but roses pace and explosiveness was so important and we have lost that now and not replaced it.

Dembele isn't the same as Sissoko and I love the latter who was brought in as a right midfielder who levy loved but poch has him playing better than he has in years.but our central midfield isn't the same .I love Harry winks and think he should start for England but he needs better players alongside him. We used to be so powerful and strong. Now we're organized with a few world class forwards.

Were about to lose Toby and eriksen, the latter has been just short of a disgrace recently and let's be honest were in a bit of trouble.

We had to invest , we looked stale 18 months ago and it's worse now. Poch has been a miracle worker but the club haven't backed him.

Our players have had no rest , no competition for places and look complacent and like a team in need of freshening up. Sad thing is if we now don't get top four it could really cost us . Will dele stay? Son? Does kane start questioning things? Does Poch?

If we want to be a top club we have to start acting like one. Pay Toby what he wants and spend some serious cash on 3 to 4 genuine first team place challengers.

Legit there are ‘fans’ on here who literally celebrated when we signed nobody saying we’re doing it ‘the right way’
l can think of 2 who's 1000 posts a day are full of diatribe bollocks
"doing it the right way " ,
"Levy best chairman known to mankind " "Signings are for fuckwits " ,
"we can't improve ",
" Trippier is a class act , Walker is shit brigade "
" we have the moral superiority "
"winning trophies, titles is not the way forward "
" This is best Spurs team ever "

The supercunts are our 5th column.
( blimey they must be on beano , can't hear a Dickie bird )

Is it Levy? Is it Poch? Or is it both? That's the question. Were the players Poch wanted realistic? Grealish was certainly not attainable, not good enough either imo.

Is it Levy? Is it Poch? Or is it both? That's the question. Were the players Poch wanted realistic? Grealish was certainly not attainable, not good enough either imo.
If we weren't having similar debates under jol, under avb, under redknapp and probably under hoddle but I can't remember that one then I'd probably be far more neutral but this has been an ongoing thing through Levy's tenure and yet somehow large parts of the fan base always convince themselves that the manager didn't want better players.

Levy has a huge upside but I can't see how he is beyond criticism over transfer dealings. I'm sure poch didn't want some of the shit he was offered. If we had gone in for a top class centre midfielder then do we really believe poch would have said no for squad harmony?

I don't want a revolution or anything but questions about our lack of business have to be asked.

If we weren't having similar debates under jol, under avb, under redknapp and probably under hoddle but I can't remember that one then I'd probably be far more neutral but this has been an ongoing thing through Levy's tenure and yet somehow large parts of the fan base always convince themselves that the manager didn't want better players.

Levy has a huge upside but I can't see how he is beyond criticism over transfer dealings. I'm sure poch didn't want some of the shit he was offered. If we had gone in for a top class centre midfielder then do we really believe poch would have said no for squad harmony?

I don't want a revolution or anything but questions about our lack of business have to be asked.
I agree with a lot of that, all I'm saying is, if he was after Zaha, Sessegnon, Martial, those choices are not too realistic. We aren't going to pay the fees of the high wages. There should be a lot of decent alternatives but for some reason nothing is materialising. I'm expecting more of the same this summer, where ever we finish.

I agree with a lot of that, all I'm saying is, if he was after Zaha, Sessegnon, Martial, those choices are not too realistic. We aren't going to pay the fees of the high wages. There should be a lot of decent alternatives but for some reason nothing is materialising. I'm expecting more of the same this summer, where ever we finish.

I can't see how we don't spend in the summer. Surely there is no debate that we HAVE to invest?

Back
Top Bottom