Daniel Levy

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So how wealthy do we have to be for these players to be realistic targets. If the 10th richest club in the world view Sessegnon or Zaha as unrealistic targets somethings rotten at the top.

And if our financial position is so tight, then surely the man at the top should be setting an example.

Tottenham double amount paid to Daniel Levy for the year to more than £6m

Tottenham players stung by Daniel Levy’s £6m pay

Tottenham and Daniel Levy are the highest paid directors and chairmen in British football : coys

But not these kind of examples .

These numbers are not a fair reflection of Levy. A huge chunk of this payment was a one off bonus for the work he has done on a project that has taken 10 years of his time.

That one off payment skews the numbers. What was his pay before the bonus? That gives a far better reflection compared to this unique situation no other Premier League club finds itself in.

Some here jerk off to excel pages and net spend graphics

Oh fuck yeahhhhh big dan just one more month without signing players :levywhoa::angryscouser:

I think it's more that some care about the wellbeing of the club more than the trophies it wins.

Many a club that not too long ago were in better nick than us have been reckless with their finances. I grew up in a time where the likes of Bolton Wanderers, Leeds United, Sheffield Wednesday, Aston Villa, Newcastle United etc were better football clubs than ours so I'm very content seeing us where we are compared to where they are now due to poor decision making, with our present and our future looking healthy and stable. I take pride that we've grown in an organic way that hasn't been dangerous at a time where financial risk could have seen us struggle severely.

Every Tottenham Hotspur fan wants success on the field but ultimately I don't know the financial implications of vast infrastructure investment, which at the moment is the most important thing for our club more than chucking money at players who've had a half decent season who have a £50m price tag on their heads.

Spurs are one of the earliest memories in my life, I'd hate to see us throw money we may not be able to throw at a moment of potential glory only to long term see if end up on its knees.

As I said, we don't know the financial situation of the club, how much the stadium delays have cost us, what happens behind the scenes etc but witna £1bn debt to the clubs name, I absolutely understand why people value what the profit & loss looks like at present. The healthier that looks, the quicker we draw a line underneath it and get onto a financial level that genuinely allows for us to compete as more than just chancers.

I just keep wondering if a big reason we didn't buy anyone is because we knew there was likely to be a lengthy delay with the new stadium, which would really hit our revenue stream.

Nobody seems to know how much renting Wembley has been costing us.

I think it’s safe to say they had an inkling this was going to be adding a lot of extra unforeseen costs.
And yes at the moment no one apart from the board knows exactly what that cost has really been.

We have to sell players to buy players. So I expect as we see players leave more will come in.
And our net spend will continue to be very low. I highly doubt that will change anytime soon.

I think it's more that some care about the wellbeing of the club more than the trophies it wins.

Many a club that not too long ago were in better nick than us have been reckless with their finances. I grew up in a time where the likes of Bolton Wanderers, Leeds United, Sheffield Wednesday, Aston Villa, Newcastle United etc were better football clubs than ours so I'm very content seeing us where we are compared to where they are now due to poor decision making, with our present and our future looking healthy and stable. I take pride that we've grown in an organic way that hasn't been dangerous at a time where financial risk could have seen us struggle severely.

Every Tottenham Hotspur fan wants success on the field but ultimately I don't know the financial implications of vast infrastructure investment, which at the moment is the most important thing for our club more than chucking money at players who've had a half decent season who have a £50m price tag on their heads.

Spurs are one of the earliest memories in my life, I'd hate to see us throw money we may not be able to throw at a moment of potential glory only to long term see if end up on its knees.

As I said, we don't know the financial situation of the club, how much the stadium delays have cost us, what happens behind the scenes etc but witna £1bn debt to the clubs name, I absolutely understand why people value what the profit & loss looks like at present. The healthier that looks, the quicker we draw a line underneath it and get onto a financial level that genuinely allows for us to compete as more than just chancers.
You should relax man. I was just making a joke on a shitty weekend for the club and nothing going our way. You don’t have to make me or any other member of the forum to agree or disagree with you. We all know what’s happening and the politics that levy and Enic employ in the club. It is what it is.

So how wealthy do we have to be for these players to be realistic targets. If the 10th richest club in the world view Sessegnon or Zaha as unrealistic targets somethings rotten at the top.

And if our financial position is so tight, then surely the man at the top should be setting an example.

Tottenham and Daniel Levy are the highest paid directors and chairmen in British football : coys

Some of it was a bonus. Levy decided its time he gets a bonus for the club to be in a situation where it cant strengthen the squad and of course for the brilliant idea of charging the fans the highest ticket prices in the world. I mean rip people off with ticket prices and not improve the squad....thats a fucking good trick, I'd reward myself too.

You should relax man. I was just making a joke on a shitty weekend for the club and nothing going our way. You don’t have to make me or any other member of the forum to agree or disagree with you. We all know what’s happening and the politics that levy and Enic employ in the club. It is what it is.

I ain't trying to make any member agree or disagree with me mate. A few people have come out this weekend and stuck knives into people who applaud the stable way the club is run, I'm merely saying that I value the ethos of it & understand why some supports do look at the finances as a great positive for the club in a time where finances are key to our growth. If it weren't for the stadium I'd have a different view on things but it's there so I see why the spreadsheet posters like what they see, that's all fella

The true answer is they never will become realistic targets.
In previous arguements I've had with people I was told we need to get to the CL, then we can buy those kind of players, we've done that and not surprisingly nothing has happened and nothing will happen. Levy and the directors have got more than the bargained with Poch. Their goal is to make us a profitable business, they've done that, they are happy with that. They don't care if we go another 20 years without winning anything or getting top players in.

Last edited:
The true answer is they never will become realistic targets.
In previous arguements I've had with people I was told we need to get to the CL, then we can buy those kind of players, we've done that and not surprisingly nothing has happened and nothing will happen. Levy and the directors have got more than the bargained with Poch. Their goal is to make us a profitable business, they've done that, they are happy with that. They don't care if we go another 20 years without winning anything or getting top players in.

This is the undeniable truth unless something massive happens to prove otherwise.

ENIC are interested in profit, trophies are just an added extra for them if we get them but as long as we have a sustainable business model that makes them money that’s all they will ever care about, history shows that.

This is the undeniable truth unless something massive happens to prove otherwise.

ENIC are interested in profit, trophies are just an added extra for them if we get them but as long as we have a sustainable business model that makes them money that’s all they will ever care about, history shows that.

Why would an owner only interested in profit develop a new training ground?

Levy decided its time he gets a bonus for the club to be in a situation where it cant strengthen the squad and of course for the brilliant idea of charging the fans the highest ticket prices in the world. I mean rip people off with ticket prices and not improve the squad....thats a fucking good trick, I'd reward myself too.
And at the same time convince the peasants they never had it so good and that we're doing it the right way

GettyImages-169061304.jpg

Last edited:
Anyone that says charging extortionate ticket prices from the fans is the right way should spontaneously combust hopefully. Theres nothing right way about that.
Charging high prices should be proportionate to success

Charging high prices to watch the latest defensive shit show or another bottled domestic cup is a joke

Asset that increases the value of the club

We already had a training ground though.

And the value of the club won't increase much beyond your land and development costs.

If you are only interested in profit, you just stick with the previous training ground and take the money out for yourself. (Google West Ham's training ground)

Problem is Zaha was quoted at 75M and Grealish at 40M

That’s Just not value. I’m quite sure this summer we’ll be looking abroad and to the championship. Deals like Rabiot, Brandt, jocaim Anderson - and guys like Bowen at Hull, Aarons at Norwich and the likes.

Charging high prices should be proportionate to success

Charging high prices to watch the latest defensive shit show or another bottled domestic cup is a joke
In a real business, this woudlnt work. Customers wouldnt pay top prices for 3rd (or wherever we may end up) best product. If Tesco cola was more expensive than Coca Cola and Pepsi , no one would ever buy Tesco Cola.

But football clubs are more like cult or religion for most fans rather than a medium of entertainment. Ripping off followers in a cult is simple as most follow and buy no matter what.

Back
Top Bottom