Crystal Palace v Tottenham Hotspur (Jan 4th - 8pm) *sigh*

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We've given up a few 'must not lose' tokens recently by dropping 5 points to Brentford and Villa... so it feels like we've backed ourselves into a corner of playing 'must wins' for the foreseeable future....

Unfortunate that, 'cos after tonight, we've got Arse and City coming up in quick succession in the PL ...
We have a trip to Fulham sandwiched between the City games... that's far from being a gimme.

Will be watching tonight. With it being my first Spurs game I've seen since before the World Cup as I've been out in Valencia (lovely, do go if you get the chance!) for 3 months and 3 weeks in Germany (don't go, it's bleak) until today I was going to catch up on the recent previous two games but think I'll give that a miss.

Been reading the forum from afar, and it doesn't make for pleasent reading in the slightest.

Palace always a tough one at their place. I'm hopeful I don't see more pathetic whimper like I did in the last game I watched of England's Vs France.

Good luck all. Might be an early night at 8.45 for me
We've all been on holiday before mate.

I was in Berlin - which is just grim

But Hamburg was very very nice. Had a little look around St Pauli and their stadium there 👍🏻
next time you're in gloomy germany, let's see you in frankfurt. we also have a stadium there

Fans Sge GIF by Eintracht Frankfurt

I've never heard anyone describe Berlin as grim before.

I absolutely adore Berlin. Hamburg's nice enough, but it's not Berlin or Munich.
Likewise, it's a fantastic city. I lived there for the best part of two years pre-Covid, and had visited enough times previously. No pretence, not quite the 'hip' place it was a few years back (and that's a good thing, as far as I am concerned) but it has something unspoken that makes it unique. I can understand why someone would think it 'grim' initially - the architecture and apparent open, desolate spaces can give that impression but easily found one layer down is loads of life. I miss it very much.

Cologne and Hamburg are great too, imo, but they don't give me what Berlin does.

Likewise, it's a fantastic city. I lived there for the best part of two years pre-Covid, and had visited enough times previously. No pretence, not quite the 'hip' place it was a few years back (and that's a good thing, as far as I am concerned) but it has something unspoken that makes it unique. I can understand why someone would think it 'grim' initially - the architecture and apparent open, desolate spaces can give that impression but easily found one layer down is loads of life. I miss it very much.

Cologne and Hamburg are great too, imo, but they don't give me what Berlin does.
I agree, N5 Spur.
There is this German song "Das ist die Berliner Luft, Luft, Luft" and that's it.
When I'm in Berlin, I'm immediately enthusiastic.
History comes alive immediately.
An extraordinary city.

(right behind my Frankfurt and the Äbbelwoi)
news world GIF

If you could watch today's match or repeatedly slam a car door on your fingers which would be the better choice. Asking for a friend.

Back
Top Bottom