Cristian Stellini

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

lol People are so desperate to make the distinction between Stellini and Conte, he is literally Conte's right hand man following his instructions.

But I get it, shiny new toy syndrome and all that, still funny though.

For a long time now I have realised that a purple patch in a game can kill it off. People want 90 minutes of high tempo action....its not necessary. Or attacking in waves instead of one dimensional pressing. I will have to listen again but I thought Stellini mentioned bringing Son on to exploit tired legs and space behind. Flogging Son for the first 45 minutes then expecting him to be like lightning in the last third of the game is possibly expecting too much. ?

He did..... But that doesn't equate to what you started off saying either.

We didn't sit back nor seek to soak up..... We spent most of the first half on the front foot, but a fresh WH was up to the task of repelling us.... Over time, mental and physical resilience starts to wane and gaps start to appear.

Not at all and he also said that they needed to dominate the ball and play the way we did in the first half in order to create the spaces in the second half.

Wasn't pretty first half but it was intense in terms of running and playing the game where they didn't want to.

Yup...... We lacked quality more than anything in the first half (and balance between flanks to stretch their CBs more).

Also, west Ham where awful. every plan looks good when you have a comfortable 2-0 win

Yeh, we were nothing special and it coulda still easily been 3 or 4 nil.

I'm not sure two matches (one vs a team in the relegation zone where we didn't play all that well and the other our customary win at home to City) is enough to crown Stellini as our new saviour but hey ho.

Pretty sure almost all the big decisions would've come from Conte & they'll almost certainly be aligned tactically anyway. And again, we weren't good vs West Ham. We were just about OK after a shit first half, and they were dreadful. There's a reason they're there.

I'm not sure two matches (one vs a team in the relegation zone where we didn't play all that well and the other our customary win at home to City) is enough to crown Stellini as our new saviour but hey ho.

Pretty sure almost all the big decisions would've come from Conte & they'll almost certainly be aligned tactically anyway. And again, we weren't good vs West Ham. We were just about OK after a shit first half, and they were dreadful. There's a reason they're there.
Conte's absence, rather than Stellini's presence is probably the more likely factor.

He's been bringing bad vibes to the place all season. Maybe the players feel a bit more at ease now.

Do you suppose that it was Stellini who decided to play Davies as LWB, or was he carrying out instructions from Conte?
Only those 2 know

Me?
Who Knows No GIF by Green Day

Coincidence? I doubt it.

Look at this quote by Stellini after yesterdays game -
"The risk is you lose a player for a long time and we don't want to do it. We want to use Sonny in the right way. Now we had Richarlison back 100 per cent fit and we pick the team to play this type of game. The plan was clear. We had to fight in the first half and when they stretch the team and we have more space, we can use players like Sonny and players to attack the space."

This is 100% accurate and to the point.
Many here (including myself) have been repeating this in the same forum for months. Richie is pressing player. He can work hard, tire out and annoy opposition players. And Son is fast player to stretch the game and use his pace . So Richie starting to bring on Son against tired legs is a good combo.

Yet Conte never did that.

Stellini did, and fair play to him. It worked out well.

P.S-
Under Conte -
vs West Ham 1:1
vs City 2:4

Under Stellini -
vs West Ham 2:0
vs City 1:0

3:5 and 1 point vs 3:0 and 6 points. Pretty stark.
I am not religious but I hope Stellini stays on the role for until end of the season.
Yeah but both games Stellini was in charge for were at home. That makes a big difference.

Wouldn’t mind him stepping in when conte leaves , could do a lot worse
If he wants to transition from assistant to manager he should do it at a lower level. Perhaps the second tier or a low level first tier team. Not here.

Back
Top Bottom