Cristian Stellini

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not sure how long he will be our stand in manager but I like him.

I have news for you !

He is our stand in manager - has been a couple of times this season when Conte not available.... !

So throughout this season, whenever Conte is not available (whatever the circumstances) I would expect Stellini and/or Mason to stand in whether formally announced or otherwise.

He did mention Ryan Mason being part of the coaching team working closely with him.
Seems like him and Mason are 1A and 1B in the coaching hierarchy with Conte gone. Stellini mentions Mason’s input in almost every press conference.

Obviously the Mason interim coaching stint was a bit of a shambles and came far too early in his coaching career, but he does seem like a bright footballing mind that we’re fortunate to have at the club.

Seems like him and Mason are 1A and 1B in the coaching hierarchy with Conte gone. Stellini mentions Mason’s input in almost every press conference.

Obviously the Mason interim coaching stint was a bit of a shambles and came far too early in his coaching career, but he does seem like a bright footballing mind that we’re fortunate to have at the club.

The circumstances were just typical of any caretaker stint, but he himself did a perfectly good job.

4 wins / 6 in the league and would likely have been 5 if he wasn't left to contend with the hot potato of Kane's interview with Neville on the eve of our home game with Villa.

This Stellini love is way overboard.

If we roll Chelsea though, we replace the cockerel with a golden statue of him eating grapes.

I've been thinking of the possibility of him staying on as our manager in the event that Conte goes back to Italy. Maybe Stellini could be the Martin Jol to Conte's Santini or the Burkinshaw to Conte's Terry Neill i.e the initial appointment didn't work out but there was someone in the coaching staff they brought in who turned out to be a lot better for us.

Certainly, Stellini would be well placed to pick up where Conte leaves off which means the time and money spent on Conte's ethos wouldn't be wasted.

Obviously, it's early days and it's by no means a given that Stellini will do well enough to even be considered for the job on a permanent basis but there is something special about a manager making the job his own after coming in as a caretaker. It's like a rookie player getting a place in the first eleven after coming through the academy. These are the special moments that can't be bought.

Would have been a good learning experience for him.

He must be being kept round for a reason.

Levy must like him.

But yeah, stellini doing well while Conte lost the game he came back for. Maybe the players feel too pressured under Conte, they seem to attack more without him in the dug out. Or is that just me?

Surely they're a team tho, can't have one without the other?

This Stellini love is way overboard.

If we roll Chelsea though, we replace the cockerel with a golden statue of him eating grapes.
stellini.jpg

:levyeyes:

I've been thinking of the possibility of him staying on as our manager in the event that Conte goes back to Italy. Maybe Stellini could be the Martin Jol to Conte's Santini or the Burkinshaw to Conte's Terry Neill i.e the initial appointment didn't work out but there was someone in the coaching staff they brought in who turned out to be a lot better for us.

Certainly, Stellini would be well placed to pick up where Conte leaves off which means the time and money spent on Conte's ethos wouldn't be wasted.

Obviously, it's early days and it's by no means a given that Stellini will do well enough to even be considered for the job on a permanent basis but there is something special about a manager making the job his own after coming in as a caretaker. It's like a rookie player getting a place in the first eleven after coming through the academy. These are the special moments that can't be bought.
I liked Stellini's subs and their timing. He seems thoughtful and grounded.

He appears to be a bit more tactically adventurous than Conte, though in the same style of play. This is something I've been hoping to see in our 3-4-3. Perisic in for Lenglet I think is a good example of this.

Son on before 70' was a great move that paid off big time. I don't know if Conte would have gotten him on as soon. I daresay Son is better coming off the bench right now, especially when he is able to run with fresh legs against a tired defense.

I don't know if Stellini is a realistic long-term managerial candidate but at the moment he appears to have a lot of positive qualities.

Back
Top Bottom