Cristian Romero

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

39 mins in the 1st half.

The other thing about Romero is that we need him to play on the front foot and be aggressive winning the ball back to play this style of football.

But coming back I just rewatched it as well, his studs are never raised, he goes for the ball and he makes contact with the foot. It was a genuine, late challenge that's it. I do agree that in that circumstance he didn't need to make a tackle because Wilson was on the floor and going nowhere.
Thanks. Yeah, Isak knew what he was doing and made no attempt for the ball. That's a red card in rugby, so it should be a red card in football. Reckless endangerment.

Side note: I saw a lot of people claiming Martinelli's attempted crippling was no worse than Kane did on a regular basis, but other than that one that got Kane the bad rep for doing it (was on the edge of the box, he stopped abruptly and the guy went over his head), I don't recall Kane doing anything anywhere near as bad as that. He certainly didn't walk through players legs while they were off the ground.

Fuck, I'm still fuming. Someone needs to break his legs. Hopefully Bednarek.

I suspect what you can’t fathom would fill several hundred encyclopaedias.
Bday good?

not sure the pposters that go in hard on Romero have ever played competitively.

having said that he plays on the edge and maybe on Sunday someone could have said ”we got this”

Last edited:
Thanks. Yeah, Isak knew what he was doing and made no attempt for the ball. That's a red card in rugby, so it should be a red card in football. Reckless endangerment.

Side note: I saw a lot of people claiming Martinelli's attempted crippling was no worse than Kane did on a regular basis, but other than that one that got Kane the bad rep for doing it (was on the edge of the box, he stopped abruptly and the guy went over his head), I don't recall Kane doing anything anywhere near as bad as that. He certainly didn't walk through players legs while they were off the ground.

Fuck, I'm still fuming. Someone needs to break his legs. Hopefully Bednarek.

I said it in an earlier message but it's a 12 v12 brawl with both benches if you do that in basketball.

Only football seems to think a kick is more dangerous than potentially putting someone in a wheelchair for life.

I get your point but you can't really compare Keane's day to the current era we are in.
The threshold for tackles that warrant a red is now much lower, not to mention everything being analysed in detail by VAR.
I love his aggression but I personally think it is over the top and he has now got a rep which is hard to shake off. We need him on the pitch to make a difference
Was going to give a agree, but then you brought VAR into the chat.

can I ask you what you think he does well, not looking to be a dick about it.

Last edited:

View: https://twitter.com/SkySportsPL/status/1734175380980859137

Dangerous play by Callum Wilson as he was on the ground and could have (himself) been injured. ⬇️⬇️

PLAYING IN A DANGEROUS MANNER

Playing in a dangerous manner is any action that, while trying to play the ball, threatens injury to someone (including the player themself) and includes preventing a nearby opponent from playing the ball for fear of injury.

tango dancing GIF by Sporza

The only one talking shit is you. What you think damage can't be done through the boot. It was on the ankle.. . Lucky he didn't do serious damage. And the ball was a mile away nasty stupid challenge...

Ball wasn't a mile away. he just missed it. Wilson nicked it away. Go find a red card for contact on the boot... You will be looking for a long time. Maybe the longer you stay looking, the less we have to put up with your inane waffle in here.

Most of us think he was in the wrong. We just don’t think it was red because it didn’t meet the standard for a red.
Fucking thank you!!

Once again Neville sets the agenda on commentary and goes with his personal feeling instead of the law. This means all pundits and most fans tow Saint Gary's line that it was a red rather than the law.

It wasn't dangerous. He didn't dive in. He didn't go in two footed. It looks worse cos Wilson is on the ground. It was late but not a red.

The only person I've seen say it wasn't a red is the incredible dull and unfit for TV Dermot Gallagher. Fair play to him on this one.

Romero dodged a bullet yesterday. Shocking challenge that warranted a red. Look at his reaction post-tackle.

Could you imagine the scenes on here if Dunk, Maguire or some other donkey inflicted that challenge on Sarr or Son.

Get a grip. It was a red and he got away with it. About time we got away with something considering West Ham's goals!

Move on to Friday.

Romero dodged a bullet yesterday. Shocking challenge that warranted a red. Look at his reaction post-tackle.

Could you imagine the scenes on here if Dunk, Maguire or some other donkey inflicted that challenge on Sarr or Son.

Get a grip. It was a red and he got away with it. About time we got away with something considering West Ham's goals!

Move on to Friday.
Nooo. It was an 'orange' tackle at best. And not a blood-orange one, but just a normal tangerine-y coloured one. Nothing more.

Move along, people.

Move on to Friday.
there would be absolute scenes if that was against us (and the ironic thing is that most of the noise would be coming from the exact same people that are claiming this 'tackle' wasn't so bad).

As I said, Michael Dawson (our club ambassador couldn't even defend the tackle).

Most of us think he was in the wrong. We just don’t think it was red because it didn’t meet the standard for a red.

Exactly this.

It wasn't a great tackle but you won't find many - if any - red cards for contact on the boot.

What about the Gvardiol tackle on Skipp in the City game? His boot and studs were raised much higher than Romero and he was much, much later. That was a yellow because contact was on the boot, and so was this.

Can any of you red card, GBH lawyers that are so convinced this was such a diabolical, heinous crime against humanity, argue why Gvardiol was yellow but Romero was red?

I'll save you the waste of your time, you can't. Now fuck off the lot of you.

Back
Top Bottom