Cristian Romero

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I can't honestly fathom how anyone thinks he's not a it of a problem?
It's one thing taking a card for the team. Taking a player out on the halfway line to stop the break and getting a 2nd yellow late on.
But the way he goes in sometimes isn't required and is close to a red every time he does it.
In a pre-VAR lifetime he might have got away with it more often. But now, there's no hiding from it. Has he maybe not adapted to having slow motion camera's and everything being checked?

I suspect what you can’t fathom would fill several hundred encyclopaedias.

Would love to know what he would say about Roy Keane when he was playing in the same team as him.
I get your point but you can't really compare Keane's day to the current era we are in.
The threshold for tackles that warrant a red is now much lower, not to mention everything being analysed in detail by VAR.
I love his aggression but I personally think it is over the top and he has now got a rep which is hard to shake off. We need him on the pitch to make a difference

I love a defender that is a serious tackler.....i grew up watching Graham Roberts! Best defender in the world..... but he needs to be on the pitch to be useful. He has got to know when, and when not, to make hard tackles.

but youre asking him to be someone he isnt then. some people go in hard to challenges its who they are as footballers. if you try and pussyfy him you lose him. ask him to go into 50-50s half hearted and youll get an argentine dier....ok hell still be a lot better than that useless oaf but you get the point.

arsenals forward done far worse the other day than romeros against chelsea and they tried giving Woolwich a fucking pen for it! his challenge on wilson was a bit mistimed thats all.

has romero done one genuine filthy challenge yet? ive not seen one where he hasnt genuinely gone for the ball? cash for villa a far dirtier player, romero might go in with force but that cunt goes in with force and high up legs. he looks to destroy knees.
Like I said, I don't care what other teams players do.
This season has proven beyond all doubt that there's zero refereeing consistency, and what is a sending off/yellow card one minute, isn't the next.
All we as a team can do, is not have players put themselves in a position where the ref has a decision to make.

I get your point but you can't really compare Keane's day to the current era we are in.
The threshold for tackles that warrant a red is now much lower, not to mention everything being analysed in detail by VAR.
I love his aggression but I personally think it is over the top and he has now got a rep which is hard to shake off. We need him on the pitch to make a difference
If VAR and certain modern tackling rules existed in Keanes era he'd have been in the lower leagues before hitting his prime.

no mate you don't see them all the time. He literally stamped on his ankle before deciding the best course of action to remedy that stamp was to scissor him and trip him with other foot.

Neville being a cunt doesn't excuse how diabolical the 'challenge' was. He will undoubtedly cost us again.
I've watched this 15 times on spursplay from 3 angles. He's a bit wild, but he goes for the ball and doesn't 'literally' stamp on his ankle, the ball is moved as he's attacking it and he follows through with an outstretched leg that connects with Wilson's foot, near the big toe knuckle. It's not a stamp and not a red.

It IS most definitely a foul, though, and I agree that his aggression and (subconscious?) habit of following through is going to cost us again.

What time does the Isak-Romero challenge happen? I didn't see it.

For what? He steps on him but the player is on the ground and it’s a genuine attempt to play the ball. Those happen every game.

Then he trips him with the left foot as well but that’s nothing malicious.
Talk about rose tinted... Watch it again.. when he made contact the ball was further away from rom than it was when cash took out benti..it was abso a horrid challenge. Mistimed high and the sort of challenge that could well bust an ankle and take a yard of pace from an attacker..
View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=h9sHqlH6wJM

I've watched this 15 times on spursplay from 3 angles. He's a bit wild, but he goes for the ball and doesn't 'literally' stamp on his ankle, the ball is moved as he's attacking it and he follows through with an outstretched leg that connects with Wilson's foot, near the big toe knuckle. It's not a stamp and not a red.

It IS most definitely a foul, though, and I agree that his aggression and (subconscious?) habit of following through is going to cost us again.

What time does the Isak-Romero challenge happen? I didn't see it.
39 mins in the 1st half.

The other thing about Romero is that we need him to play on the front foot and be aggressive winning the ball back to play this style of football.

But coming back I just rewatched it as well, his studs are never raised, he goes for the ball and he makes contact with the foot. It was a genuine, late challenge that's it. I do agree that in that circumstance he didn't need to make a tackle because Wilson was on the floor and going nowhere.

Talk about rose tinted... Watch it again.. when he made contact the ball was further away from rom than it was when cash took out benti..it was abso a horrid challenge. Mistimed high and the sort of challenge that could well bust an ankle and take a yard of pace from an attacker..

Can't bust an ankle if the contact is on the foot. It was nothing like the Cash tackle.

If we are talking about busting ankles and taking away a yard of pace, what about the Fulham rake down Porro's achilles that was much later and much higher?

Or the several bites high up the ankle that Palace took at us and never even saw yellow.

if you want to ask for the maximum possible for Spurs players, at least ask for it when it is against Spurs players.

It wasn't "high" and even looking at the thumbnail you can see that CRs foot was closer to the ball than you describe........ Whereas with MCash the ball was gone.

No it wasn’t.

And the reason he didn’t get sent off is because the tackle wasn’t high. He catches him on the ankle but it’s because Wilson’s leg is horizontal.

Fuck me, it was dirty. Just accept it ffs.
He got away with one. We got away with it.

You're at Cult of Klopp levels of delusion if you don't think he was in the wrong.

The funny thing was, when it happened, the bloke behind me (at the other end of the stadium) was adamant it was a dive.

Semantics.. the ball was well gone, and it was high and above the boot and easy to rip ligaments arguably WORSE than a broken bone .bloody awful challenge.. as the pundits said unnecessary and stupid could well have been a red and he's a BIG miss when out

How d'fk can it be "high" when it was a 'horizontal' incident???

Hi sudoku

giphy.gif
Comedy Central What GIF

Fuck me, it was dirty. Just accept it ffs.
He got away with one. We got away with it.

You're at Cult of Klopp levels of delusion if you don't think he was in the wrong.

The funny thing was, when it happened, the bloke behind me (at the other end of the stadium) was adamant it was a dive.
Most of us think he was in the wrong. We just don’t think it was red because it didn’t meet the standard for a red.

Back
Top Bottom