Cristian Romero

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think YOU need to get a grip fella.... (Or at least read a little closer)...

Why?

Me neither...... That's the whole fuckin' point of my post.

I'm responding to the suggestion that Romero got a red because of a) another incident and/or b) because it's him and that somehow that's ok.

Nothing in my post says it wasn't a foul.

Wasn't a foul or wasn't a red card????? There is a very big difference here.

You are playing the victim. You are suggesting that Romero gets treated differently to other players. He doesn't. That's a fallacy.

You are playing the victim.

No. I'm. Not.

You are suggesting that Romero gets treated differently to other players. He doesn't. That's a fallacy.

FFS.... I'm not....

Someone else claimed that he was being ref'd according to his own reputation (and that this was somehow ok)......

I'm saying rhetorically; IF that's true then a) that's shit officiating (see OG rule-book comment) and that b) that in itself is inconsistent as the players I mentioned are reputed divers and don't get treated as such form week to week.

No. I'm. Not.

FFS.... I'm not....

Someone else claimed that he was being ref'd according to his own reputation......

I'm saying rhetorically; IF that's true then a) that's shit officiating (see OG rule-book comment) and that b) that in itself is inconsistent as the players I mentioned are reputed divers and don't get treated as such form week to week.

Fair enough. 👍

And he's missing the next two after costing us 3 points against Wolves and probably another 3 against Chelsea.

The blind loyalty shown on here by people who refuse to acknowledge that the guy is a liability right now is actually astonishing.

Great player who is too fucking volatile and needs to grow up. Fast.
Please enlighten me on how this red card translates to him acting the cunt every week as you previously stated.

Whilst we are all piling on, it's good to remember:

This was his first straight red for us.

Two of Romero's reds were in Europe, second yellows for silly/poorly timed decisions.

His other red was a second yellow against City, when Grealish dived over him.

He's rash, plays on the edge. But let's not make out he's suddenly a massive liability. Let's remember that Son has seen red three times for us.

Whilst we are all piling on, it's good to remember:

This was his first straight red for us.

Two of Romero's reds were in Europe, second yellows for silly/poorly timed decisions.

His other red was a second yellow against City, when Grealish dived over him.

He's rash, plays on the edge. But let's not make out he's suddenly a massive liability. Let's remember that Son has seen red three times for us.
Big hard out of control sonny with one less red card than Romero!! He needs to calm down or he’ll become a liability.

Look, I think we all watch the game subjectively. I tried to argue with a mate during the game that Romero was targeted and sent off unfairly.

A few days later, after I had calmed down I took another look. It's a red card. Every single time. I could entertain the other point of view for a few days after the event but if I take off my Spurs hat then I come to no other conclusion than he had to go.

Appreciate your considered response though. COYS.

I showed it to a mate that has no affiliation with Spurs. He thought it wasn’t even a penalty. Romero desperately tried (and succeeded!) in clearing the ball and the way he followed through was not aggressive. He wasn’t stamping straight down. He was kicking the ball out.

I showed it to a mate that has no affiliation with Spurs. He thought it wasn’t even a penalty. Romero desperately tried (and succeeded!) in clearing the ball and the way he followed through was not aggressive. He wasn’t stamping straight down. He was kicking the ball out.

I very quickly accepted his red on the basis that the rules have no regard for intent and the rule-book is just set a certain way to police the potential for players getting hurt; but all the extra shit being thrown about re: him trying to hurt the player, making a challenge he shouldn't have made etc. is bullshit.

Back
Top Bottom