Cristian Romero

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I actually think it’s less about the “big calls”but more about little fouls that get let go by the ref but ultimately build up.
The first 20 mins of our last two games there must’ve been a combined 40 fouls made against of us with about half given. But not a single yellow.
A ref gives an opposition player a yellow after 3 fouls (shouldn’t matter that it’s minute 17 or whatever) then suddenly that player has to be more careful and less aggressive with us. And it sends a message to the rest of the players and suddenly we’re allowed to “play” a bit more.

I do think Maddison especially and Son to a lesser degree get hacked out of games. Players have become so good at looking as though they are playing the ball when they are actually trying to bring players down that referrees don't call it out.

The scrape along the achillies that is disguised as trying to get the ball has become a scourge on the game. I'd like to see those tackles carded immediately and not let go. The damage they cause can result in players missing large chunks of seasons.

0ne more card - we should cut him

all our problems CASCADED after his red card
Your 63 messages in 4 years are obviously well thought out! How’s about we punt him in January reinstate Dier give him a new contract make him vice captain and we can all pretend it’s 2017 again😏

A ball cannoning in off him (happens to everyone, Micky has had two already this season) and a ball deflecting into him are unfortunate, but not ultimately his fault.

Give your head a wobble.

A blunder is a blunder. He gets millions to play and we hold him to a high standard. If he can't live up to it in certain times, he will get criticized, its part of life. Give your head a wobble.

A blunder is a blunder. He gets millions to play and we hold him to a high standard. If he can't live up to it in certain times, he will get criticized, its part of life. Give your head a wobble.
You need to tell me how to be so perfect.

You must both make zero mistakes and be flawless in your professional and personal life. How much he earns is irrelevant to things that happen due to chance.

"Oh I'd better predict the future" or "I had better not stand here in case the ball is hit at exactly 66mph and it'll deflect onto me with a 67.8 degree angle"

Like seriously, look at what you are expecting from someone.

Another bad foul against us that didn't even get a VAR check. It's happening time and time again.
And I still believe that Romero got sent off because he's Romero. I have seen much worse not given, usually against us!
Some on here will chat some bollocks like "don't act like the dippers" in some smug attempt to seem high and mighty, but the fact is that our players are getting fouled all game long and we're usually the first to receive a yellow card, and if the opposition does get one, it's usually very late in the game after a bit of handbags.

Cards like the one this prick escaped would massively impact games, look at how Biss has been completely thrown off his game with soft yellows.

I do think Maddison especially and Son to a lesser degree get hacked out of games. Players have become so good at looking as though they are playing the ball when they are actually trying to bring players down that referrees don't call it out.

The scrape along the achillies that is disguised as trying to get the ball has become a scourge on the game. I'd like to see those tackles carded immediately and not let go. The damage they cause can result in players missing large chunks of seasons.
IMO players should start wearing shoes with a leather padding above the heel, light enough to not slow them down but enough to absorb the scrape.

I like to see Romero follow in Verts shoes. Verts when he first came to us could be very rash but as he grew older he went from mercurial wild man to the calm rock of the defence making the whole backline work and bringing calmness.

You need to tell me how to be so perfect.

You must both make zero mistakes and be flawless in your professional and personal life. How much he earns is irrelevant to things that happen due to chance.

"Oh I'd better predict the future" or "I had better not stand here in case the ball is hit at exactly 66mph and it'll deflect onto me with a 67.8 degree angle"

Like seriously, look at what you are expecting from someone.
So you're telling me as a fan you cannot criticize a player when they don't perform?

What is with these people who get so attached to players? Are you his wife or is he your dad?
Cry me a river or go get yourself a girl or something.

That's what he is. A good but overrated footballer that provides a few laughs and clattering moments here and there. Would be good to bring off to back up VDV and a quality CB signing this January or next summer.
No Way Lol GIF by Lifetime

You reap what you sow. Romero is Romero due to his own actions.

Salah is Salah (diving little shit)...... B.Fernandes is B.Fernandes (diving little shit)........ Both put their hands on linesmen last season and escaped significant punishment......

If that's your argument; why are they not refereed according to who they are?????

There is (rightfully) ONE rulebook that should be applied to all.

Last edited:
So you're telling me as a fan you cannot criticize a player when they don't perform?

What is with these people who get so attached to players? Are you his wife or is he your dad?
Cry me a river or go get yourself a girl or something.

Of course. Criticise him for being a dickhead and getting sent off four times in his short time here.

Don't pick two moments when he couldn't really do much about it.

I've been quite vocal about him previously wondering if we were wrong about him. He's been immense this season but was fucking stupid on Monday. See the difference?

Of course. Criticise him for being a dickhead and getting sent off four times in his short time here.

Don't pick two moments when he couldn't really do much about it.

I've been quite vocal about him previously wondering if we were wrong about him. He's been immense this season but was fucking stupid on Monday. See the difference?
Okay, well we agree for the most part. But the 2 moments I don't agree but its difference of opinion and I respect yours.

Back
Top Bottom