Cristian Romero

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Imagine actually thinking Romero’s red card is responsible for the VdV and Maddison injuries and Udogie’s red card.

You can’t fix stupid.

We were under more pressure so it is plausible; but Micky's was more because of the lengthy VAR. Albeit Romero's fault.

Madders rolled his ankle without contact, but has been nursing the injury most of the season. Plus he got his ankle smashed against Palace. No card.

Players need to be smarter and keep warming up during VAR checks.

We were under more pressure so it is plausible; but Micky's was more because of the lengthy VAR. Albeit Romero's fault.

Players need to be smarter and keep warming up during VAR checks.

It's not plausible.

- Recovery runs are Mickey's job.
- Maddison; the absolute kicking he's taking has taken it's toll.

.....Even Daawg could have got himself sent off before any Romero-related drama unfolded.

Be pissed with Romero for getting carded himself if u must; but that's where it should start and end.

Last edited:
Imagine actually thinking Romero’s red card is responsible for the VdV and Maddison injuries and Udogie’s red card.

You can’t fix stupid.
Not his fault but it did have a snowball effect after his card. Everything went downhill after and that's how big of an impact he has on our team. So he better keep his cool next time in these important games.

Some on here will chat some bollocks like "don't act like the dippers" in some smug attempt to seem high and mighty, but the fact is that our players are getting fouled all game long and we're usually the first to receive a yellow card, and if the opposition does get one, it's usually very late in the game after a bit of handbags.

Cards like the one this prick escaped would massively impact games, look at how Biss has been completely thrown off his game with soft yellows.
Exactly - it's happening far too regularly IMO.

Romero ratio in my opinion
10 matches.
5 very good/motm
3 solid
2 liability!

Still a good player to have but we have to accept he will get sent off or give away pens fairly regularly. But still worth it for all the many really good performances he has. He Obviously has a great partner now so I was hoping he was doing the crazy shit to cover for the weak partners he has had here. But turns out he is a bit of a nutter….. but our passionate nutter!

Clearly we need another good CB but it wouldn’t be levy without leaving us short in a few areas.

Last edited:
Romero ratio in my opinion
10 matches.
5 very good/motm
3 solid
2 liability!

Still a good player to have but we have to accept he will get sent off or give away pens fairly regularly. But still worth it for all the many really good performances he has. He Obviously has a great partner now so I was hoping he was doing the crazy shit to cover for the weak partners he has had here. But turns out he is a bit of a nutter….. but our passionate nutter!

Clearly we need another good CB but it wouldn’t be levy without leaving us short in a few areas.

And the 3 that he misses , do they go on the liability count?

And the 3 that he misses , do they go on the liability count?
That’s a good point! I didn’t think about suspensions. Yes being suspended is a liability as unavailable!

Updated ratio 11 matches)
5 very good/motm
3 solid
2 liability
1 suspended (so a liability in the sense that he is unavailable)

Sensible thing would have been to get in another CB to compete with him & cover for him when suspended/injured. Don’t forget he picks up a fair few injuries too.
I do think many spurs fans overrate him.
Saliba & Dias are better. I already like micky more too.

Not his fault but it did have a snowball effect after his card. Everything went downhill after and that's how big of an impact he has on our team. So he better keep his cool next time in these important games.
Can’t blame it all on a red card.

In history, there’s been hundreds of first half red cards that didn’t result in significant injuries and additional red cards the rest of the game.

It’s just daft to blame Romero for these things while he was in the locker room.

By the same logic, you can say bissouma’s red card led us to victory at Luton because it was 0-0 at the time.

That’s a good point! I didn’t think about suspensions. Yes being suspended is a liability as unavailable!

Updated ratio 11 matches)
5 very good/motm
3 solid
2 liability
1 suspended (so a liability in the sense that he is unavailable)

Sensible thing would have been to get in another CB to compete with him & cover for him when suspended/injured. Don’t forget he picks up a fair few injuries too.
I do think many spurs fans overrate him.
Saliba & Dias are better. I already like micky more too.

How many is he suspended for ?

Roughly 3 reds in about 70 games. So 7 matches he has missed I think . 1 in every 10 so I am not far off.

He's only missed 4 games for us through suspension.

Two of those four red cards for us came in Europe and he's never actually played another game in either competition to serve those suspensions (yet)

Salah is Salah (diving little shit)...... B.Fernandes is BFernandes (diving little shit)........ Both put their hands on linesmen last season and escaped significant punishment......

If that's your argument; why are they not refereed according to who they are?????

There is (rightfully) ONE rulebook that should be applied to all.

Seriously, get a grip.

Reverse the roles and tell me that you'd be ok with an opponent staying on the park if they'd committed that foul on one of ours. I don't give two fucks whether it is Christian Romero or "butter wouldn't melt in his mouth" Ben Davies...that is a terrible tackle that got the punishment it deserved. Remove the names involved and judge that tackle objectively and it is a red card.

If Son was chopped down in the same way you'd be screaming for blood.

Seriously, get a grip.

I think YOU need to get a grip fella.... (Or at least read a little closer)...

Why?

Reverse the roles and tell me that you'd be ok with an opponent staying on the park if they'd committed that foul on one of ours. I don't give two fucks whether it is Christian Romero or "butter wouldn't melt in his mouth" Ben Davies...that is a terrible tackle that got the punishment it deserved. Remove the names involved and judge that tackle objectively and it is a red card.

If Son was chopped down in the same way you'd be screaming for blood.

Me neither...... That's the whole fuckin' point of my post.

I'm responding to the suggestion that Romero got a red because of a) another incident and/or b) because it's him and that somehow that's ok.

Nothing in my post says it wasn't a foul.

He's only missed 4 games for us through suspension.

Two of those four red cards for us came in Europe and he's never actually played another game in either competition to serve those suspensions (yet)
Ha Good spot. That’s a quirky little fact. I think all his good performances outweighs the sending offs. Keane got a lot of reds but it was worth it for United.
Hopefully he learns to keep his head but I think it’s just part of who he is.

Back
Top Bottom