Cristian Romero

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Definitely a liability he’s cost us far more points than he won us.
The kick out before the red is what really bothered men - it showed he’d lost his head. Probably showed the refs that he was playing out of control and made it alot easier for them to give him a red.

Hoping he was on the bench today thinking long and hard about what his absence is costing this team - and sorting himself out for matches after his suspension.

Just half the sub.

Come again?

Fella, you're the same in every match thread.....

Every decision that goes our way it's "We got away with one there".
Every decision that doesn't it's "The ref was right....."

That's nothing to do with player performance.

Come again?

Fella, you're the same in every match thread.....

Every decision that goes our way it's "We got away with one there".
Every decision that doesn't it's "The ref was right....."

That's nothing to do with player performance.
Sometimes people need a voice of reason. Balances out the rose tinted comments. Like someone said the Romero kick out was just him stretching his leg. 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Today just highlighted how much this Cunt fucked us over.

he’s the first player that needs replacing in jan.

Total liability

I wouldn't go that far but anybody saying "you take the good with bad" with Romero completely misses the point. We do not have adequate cover and what we saw on the weekend with the bumbling Dier and Davies (who was decent to be fair) means that Romero cannot simply act the cunt every week and hope he gets away with it. It probably cost us at least a point against Chelsea and it has cost us 3 points against Wolves. It likely costs us more points over the next couple of games too.

Leadership is the exact opposite of what Romero does. He's great when he plays but we are not in a position to just give this guy a pass every time he fucks up. "You take the good with the bad." Fuck off to that. He was rash, irresponsible and instead of possibly being 4 points clear on top of the league right now and having a little bit of breathing space whilst we work our way through the injury crisis, we are back in the pack of clubs chasing a CL spot.

Last edited:
The kick out before the red is what really bothered men - it showed he’d lost his head. Probably showed the refs that he was playing out of control and made it alot easier for them to give him a red.

Hoping he was on the bench today thinking long and hard about what his absence is costing this team - and sorting himself out for matches after his suspension.
He can't be on bench.. he was suspended

Another bad foul against us that didn't even get a VAR check. It's happening time and time again.
And I still believe that Romero got sent off because he's Romero. I have seen much worse not given, usually against us!

Would you be yelling out for a red card if it was a foul against a Spurs player? I'll guarantee you would. Curtis Jones got the ball first too but was rightly red carded when Liverpool played us.

Anybody saying that Romero got the ball and therefore should not have been frogmarched off the ground needs to refer to the rules of the sport. It was a terrible tackle that got exactly what it deserved.

Would you be yelling out for a red card if it was a foul against a Spurs player? I'll guarantee you would. Curtis Jones got the ball first too but was rightly red carded when Liverpool played us.

Anybody saying that Romero got the ball and therefore should not have been frogmarched off the ground needs to refer to the rules of the sport. It was a terrible tackle that got exactly what it deserved.
I know I'm biased, and I probably agree with you if I take my Spurs hat off. But I still feel that we are getting treated much more harshly than others, and serious foul play against us doesn't get punished in the same way.

I wouldn't go that far but anybody saying "you take the good with bad" with Romero completely misses the point. We do not have adequate cover and what we saw on the weekend with the bumbling Dier and Davies (who was decent to be fair) means that Romero cannot simply act the cunt every week and hope he gets away with it. It probably cost us at least a point against Chelsea and it has cost us 3 points against Wolves. It likely costs us more points over the next couple of games too.

Leadership is the exact opposite of what Romero does. He's great when he plays but we are not in a position to just give this guy a pass every time he fucks up. "You take the good with the bad." Fuck off tho that. He was rash, irresponsible and instead of possibly being 4 points clear on top of the league right now and having a little bit of breathing space whilst we work our way through the injury crisis, we are back in the pack of clubs chasing a CL spot.
"Romero cannot simply act the cunt every week and hope he gets away with it"

The "cunt" didn't make a foul in the first 4 matches...

"Romero cannot simply act the cunt every week and hope he gets away with it"

The "cunt" didn't make a foul in the first 4 matches...

And he's missing the next two after costing us 3 points against Wolves and probably another 3 against Chelsea.

The blind loyalty shown on here by people who refuse to acknowledge that the guy is a liability right now is actually astonishing.

Great player who is too fucking volatile and needs to grow up. Fast.

Last edited:
I know I'm biased, and I probably agree with you if I take my Spurs hat off. But I still feel that we are getting treated much more harshly than others, and serious foul play against us doesn't get punished in the same way.
I actually think it’s less about the “big calls”but more about little fouls that get let go by the ref but ultimately build up.
The first 20 mins of our last two games there must’ve been a combined 40 fouls made against of us with about half given. But not a single yellow.
A ref gives an opposition player a yellow after 3 fouls (shouldn’t matter that it’s minute 17 or whatever) then suddenly that player has to be more careful and less aggressive with us. And it sends a message to the rest of the players and suddenly we’re allowed to “play” a bit more.

Look, I think we all watch the game subjectively. I tried to argue with a mate during the game that Romero was targeted and sent off unfairly.

A few days later, after I had calmed down I took another look. It's a red card. Every single time. I could entertain the other point of view for a few days after the event but if I take off my Spurs hat then I come to no other conclusion than he had to go.

Appreciate your considered response though. COYS.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom