Confess your unpopular opinion.....on Spurs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Spurs (as an organisation and collectively, the supporters-base around the world) should slowly, then steadily increasing over the course of about 6 months, start using the word "soccer" instead of "football", but only when discussing any club, players or matter other than THFC.

I can see (at least) 3 BENEFITS to this.

1. BREVITY: 6 letters in "soccer" to 8 letters in "football".

2. CLARITY: as Admin Admin can attest:

Typing "soccer" into the "Smilies"/Emoji prompt bar, offers one football emoji: ⚽.
Whereas typing "football" offers three different football emojis: ⚽🏈🏉.

3. THE LOLs: It would wind up + rattle the cages of supporters from the rest of the English football pyramid (who hate us/low-key hate us anyways) and, likely, idiots within our own.

:ange-lol:

I'd rather fold the FOOTBALL club than do this.

Son's 'wonder goal' wasn't really THAT good. Truly awful defending and he just ran fast. Good composure for the finish though.
Just watched some sky montage of the best dribbled goals with his one in it (Burnley).

I think you’re right. But it was miles better than Thierry Henry’s one against us when he basically ran straight and sidestepped Carr

I cant stand Klinsmann..

Yeah great striker, but could not wait to leave after one season and then gave it all the 'best club, close to my heart' rubbish to the media after he left. He loved his return more than the fans, fully fed his messiah complex.

A fraud and sugar was to kind using Klinsmanns shirt to was his car!

I cant stand Klinsmann..

Yeah great striker, but could not wait to leave after one season and then gave it all the 'best club, close to my heart' rubbish to the media after he left. He loved his return more than the fans, fully fed his messiah complex.

A fraud and sugar was to kind using Klinsmanns shirt to was his car!
He came off a poor, injury-ridden season at Monaco, rehabilitated his image and fucked off first chance he got.
Whenever I point this out, I get a boatload of kisses because ‘he was a star and we don’t sign them under baldy.’

As far as I know he came with it :)
Romero was given the nickname 'Cuti' as a youngster as he struggled to say 'Cristian'.

And, taking to social media following the Leicester game, Kulusevski combined Romero's current nickname with a new one as he dubbed the centre-back "Cuti Beckenbauer" in praise of his teammate, football.london reports.

Brave. Very brave!

I think even Sugar admitted it was the wrong decision later on with GG.

Gross… funny bloke in many ways.

AVB felt like it could be the perfect fit for a bit, but his track record and reputation are pretty damning.

I guess you’ve met the brief superbly!

:adesalute:
At least Graham won something with us Gross nearly got us relegated

If you field a team of 10 outfield players with 5 of them being defenders, and 2 DMs, you end up having 3 attackers trying to beat a whole team by themselves.
It's easy to look like you don't care or aren't trying when you have one arm tied behind your back.
And when your ‘arms’ are untied and the shackles that bind you are broken but you still like you don’t care. What shall we think?

Back
Top Bottom