Confess your unpopular opinion.....on Spurs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I've actually been thinking about this quite a bit recently. It does appear that it's a bit of a fallacy.
The ones he manages to bring through proper tend to really break through. Which enhances his rep. But all managers known for this also have even more failed projects

I hate red kits, but a bit of red goes quite nicely against the white and blue.
giphy.gif

tenor.gif

Bale, Carr, Modric and Berbatos I'll give you, but the rest is harsh. Teddy for instance wanted to stay but the contract Sugar offered him was shit. Teddy wanted a contract that would keep him at the club until what he thought would be his retirement (4 years and a testimonial). Sugar told him three years an no testimonial. Fergie came in and offered him trophies. Can you really blame him for going? Plus he, Klinsmann and Keano all came back and worked hard for the club and have shown their affection for us since. Keano made a mistake, one that is quite easy to understand for a Dublin boy, and he's been unfairly crucified for it ever since.

I hate red kits, but a bit of red goes quite nicely against the white and blue.

I wrote Levy a letter when we first got our Thomson sponsorship, before emails and all that malarkey, moaning about the red. He wrote back and pointed out the lions on our crest were red, couldn't really argue that, mugged me right off lol

I didn't have much in my life back then

see LMN's comments re Sheringham. Klinsmann only came back because he wanted to play to be fit for the international team and nobody else wanted him. Keane was a waste of time on his return.
I'm only harsh when I think someone has taken the p***; you don't want to get me started on RSol!!

I wrote Levy a letter when we first got our Thomson sponsorship, before emails and all that malarkey, moaning about the red. He wrote back and pointed out the lions on our crest were red, couldn't really argue that, mugged me right off lol

Yeah, but the lions on that crest were the size of a peanut. Couldn't see them unless you were up close.....and he got rid of them a year later!!!

Clearly you should have written a firm response and put the bald fecker in his place!!:adestare:

Yeah, but the lions on that crest were the size of a peanut. Couldn't see them unless you were up close.....and he got rid of them a year later!!!

Clearly you should have written a firm response and put the bald fecker in his place!!:adestare:

Also the early ENIC years saw them run 'never red' campaign only to ditch that with the Thomson sponsorship.

I've seen plenty of our fans at The Lane wearing all sorts of red from jackets, scarves and trainers.

I'll probably get flamed for this but Im an American who started following football/Spurs when Mansion poker was our kit sponsor and I thought it was hilarious and awesome that we were sponsored by online poker company. My favourite season until recently (and it might still be) was 2009/10 so I actually have fond memories of a bit of red on the jerz.

In my lifetime I'm sure I will never see us win the league. And we were a big 5 and now top 6 club.
Yet Everton/Liverpool Utd/City Chelsea/Woolwich and even Leicester fans have.
I can't die content knowing that.

Back
Top Bottom