Confess your unpopular opinion.....on Spurs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don't consider certain players legends, because of the way they left - Klinsmann, Bale, Modric, Sheringham, Berbatov, Keane and Carr to name a few - I don't really care how good they were.
Bale, Carr, Modric and Berbatos I'll give you, but the rest is harsh. Teddy for instance wanted to stay but the contract Sugar offered him was shit. Teddy wanted a contract that would keep him at the club until what he thought would be his retirement (4 years and a testimonial). Sugar told him three years an no testimonial. Fergie came in and offered him trophies. Can you really blame him for going? Plus he, Klinsmann and Keano all came back and worked hard for the club and have shown their affection for us since. Keano made a mistake, one that is quite easy to understand for a Dublin boy, and he's been unfairly crucified for it ever since.

I don't consider certain players legends, because of the way they left - Klinsmann, Bale, Modric, Sheringham, Berbatov, Keane and Carr to name a few - I don't really care how good they were.

I used to not have a problem with Sheringham until he joined the Canning Town Bingo Club, when he then professed a childhood love for them, always said he was a Yid.

I still can't get how Big Pat always got a free ride for joining the Scum.

Yes I know we fucked him about re a contract but still....

I think he is great, but I really hate myself for liking him

I have strong doubts as to whether lamela will ever play again for spurs. Either A) due to injury preventing him from returning to his former level or B) because he's shipped off to another club.

Bale, Carr, Modric and Berbatos I'll give you, but the rest is harsh. Teddy for instance wanted to stay but the contract Sugar offered him was shit. Teddy wanted a contract that would keep him at the club until what he thought would be his retirement (4 years and a testimonial). Sugar told him three years an no testimonial. Fergie came in and offered him trophies. Can you really blame him for going? Plus he, Klinsmann and Keano all came back and worked hard for the club and have shown their affection for us since. Keano made a mistake, one that is quite easy to understand for a Dublin boy, and he's been unfairly crucified for it ever since.

I used to idolise Keane, the way he left though really left a sour taste. It was the beginning of the end and Berbatov soon exited as well. I know they were not great friends off the pitch, however their partnership was a joy to watch.

Never knew about Teddy wanting to stay, again was pretty devastated when he left, signing Ginola and Ferdinand wasn't a consolation at the time either.

Pochettino isn't that good at bringing through youth players.
vCw1iiH.gif

Our fans mocking Wilshere when he got injured this spring when Bournemouth came to visit made me cringe.

No player should be mocked and heckled when they get injured unless they are someone like Adam Johnson

That was Harry Redknapp, in this game

Norwich 0-2 Tottenham

Fair enough, I didn't mean to imply that he never played through the middle. I was more remembering when we had Siggy on the left, who should have been playing through the middle cause he didn't have the pace or dribbling skills to take advantage of space on the wing; and Bale through the middle, which let him get in more 'golazo' positions but threw the balance of the team way off. I remember thinking that it felt like AVB's whole plan was to bore the other team to sleep (along with everyone in the fucking stadium) and then have Gareth "bale" us out with a screamer on 80 minutes or whatever. It made us look like shit and him look like the footballing equivalent of a certain Jewish carpenter in his early to mid thirties.

People that talk while the game is going on, fucking hell used to drive me nuts when I had my season ticket.

I'm talking inane rubbish like how is so n so, have you tried the new restaurant in bishopsgate etc

Just sing and shout, go to the pub or poncey wine bar to talk this inane rubbish!

It's annoying me just thinking about it

Another one from me: The GKN shirt debacle was no big deal. People trade shirts all the time in the continental leagues, even among rivals if they have friends on the opposing team.

Another one from me: The GKN shirt debacle was no big deal. People trade shirts all the time in the continental leagues, even among rivals if they have friends on the opposing team.

"Trading shirts" isn't what pissed people off.

Back
Top Bottom