Confess your unpopular opinion.....on Spurs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

seriously?
casual xenophobia - and your mum wouldn't let you go out?

- what the fuck is this world turning into?
That was probably a bit harsh of me. I take it back. And yep, my mum certainly wouldn't let me go watch Spurs in the late 80s/early 90s and I don't blame her. She well remembered her brothers coming home roughed-up. You can't possibly be arguing that before things became more 'American', going to WHL was a family-friendly outing.

I don't agree with you on this point either, then. If you're harking back to the good ol' days of bovril and pies, of wooden seats and piss smell, of fan mags and fights outside the ground, you can count me out. Making Spurs more 'American' whatever that means (and I note in that some casual anti-american xenophobia right away) makes it more accessible to more fans. I wasn't allowed to go to Spurs until the mid-90s because my Mum thought it was too dangerous. Anybody looking back on those days with nostalgia is deluded. Sorry.
I promise it's not anti-American Xenophobia... promise! I've American relations! (That I like!!)
But yes, maybe my outdated misty eyed nostaligia is becoming more and more distant... It's attempting to achieve the shiny, marketable perfection of a haphazard sport that I can't get my head around.
It's not just America... It's Sky Sports.. It's BT.. . They're all trying to make it a global brand.
When all it really is are 22 multi millionaires kicking around the latest incarnation of the Nike Ordem Pig's bladder!!

We are Tottenham super Tottenham song.

Sung so wrong now, it should be soooo much slower
Even worse than that, why the fuck did we stop singing an extra verse of the slow part of "Oh when the Spurs"...nowadays it's always one verse, the second slow part when everyone joined in was always the best bit!

(Sorry, this might be a popular opinion!)

I'm American and I like the Spurs

Can't imagine why we get such a bad rap on here.....

200.gif

I'm American and I like the Spurs because they are not a massive club expecting everything handed to them on a platter.

Also Americans generally love the underdogs. That's why right now the most hated club usually are whomever is the top dog (NFL Patriots, etc).

The rest I agree.

You waited almost eight months and then posted that?

Oh well, have a funny and welcome to the forum.

Back
Top Bottom