Come here to laugh at United

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

an United turned down the chance to sign Erling Haaland TWICE, despite being told by Ole Gunnar Solskjaer the Norwegian was available for 'a bargain fee'​

• Erling Haaland has scored 80 goals in 84 appearances for Manchester City
  • Ole Gunnar Solskjaer managed Haaland for two seasons at Molde
  • Erik ten Hag is DELUDED. I don't think anyone can see him staying around at the end of the season - It's All Kicking Off podcast
By DAN CANCIAN

PUBLISHED: 08:01 GMT, 6 March 2024 |

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has said Erling Haaland could have signed for Manchester United for less than £20million had the club listened to his advice.
The former United manager handed a 16-year-old Haaland his professional debut while in charge of Norwegian club Molde in 2017.
The Manchester City star scored 20 goals in 50 appearances in all competitions in two seasons under Solskjaer, who informed United of Haaland's precocious talent in the summer of 2018.
Anyone else getting Sherwood vibes here?

Eric ten Hag: Manchester United could easily have 14 more wins but for injuries...

Other bad loser headlines today...

Napoleon: I could easily have kicked the Russian Empire's arses in 1812 if it hadn't been bitterly cold there that winter. I mean sub-zero temperatures and feet of snow in a Russian winter - who knew?

Vice-Admiral Pierre Villeneuve: I could easily have defeated Nelson at Trafalgar if that one-armed cunt Nelson hadn't been loads better at naval war than I was.

The Light Brigade: We could easily have taken the Russians in the Valley of Death if they hadn't had a shit-load of artillery and that clown Lord Raglan hadn't misunderstood Cardigan's orders.

Adam: I could easily still be kicking back in the Garden of Eden if my dimwit wife hadn't listened to that talking snake.

thumbs-up-napoleon.gif

Last edited:
Lose or even fail to win today and I thonk that's them out of the running for top 4.

United will still pull a rabbit out of a hat, but like Traitor boy, this feels like the beginning of the end for Ten Hag and his Old Trafford tenure.

I thought he was the right fit in truth, but with Guardiola and Klopp at the same time, I think it's nigh on impossible to penetrate what has been a near duopoly.

It seems a bit odd for Højlund to get POTM. I'm no fan of Saka but wouldn't he have been more deserving (unless it's a tacit admission that United are fucking awful, and so the former had a harder time scoring for them).

Bizarre.

Whether people like Saka or not, he is nearly everything I would like to see in Kulusevski.

No doubt at all, the bloke is a top player. Painful.

They’ve really missed Shaw and Martinez who are their two best players. Both would be there or thereabouts with regards to starting for other top 4 teams, I don’t think any of their other players get close to that level

Lose or even fail to win today and I thonk that's them out of the running for top 4.

United will still pull a rabbit out of a hat, but like Traitor boy, this feels like the beginning of the end for Ten Hag and his Old Trafford tenure.

I thought he was the right fit in truth, but with Guardiola and Klopp at the same time, I think it's nigh on impossible to penetrate what has been a near duopoly.

They're not the ones responsible for him being shit..... And even then that would still leave the capacity for them/him being 3rd best.

This man is sharing a step with myself and Richard Arlison Richard Arlison . Exudes positivity.

Nothing more powerful than self belief.

Today I’m going to visit Primark in Corby with the aim of bumping into Natalie Imbruglia. As it’s a Leap year she can propose to me.

Wish me luck. Not that I need it. I have self belief.
That's the same joke with different women about four times now. That's delusion not exuding positivity. You've got more chance of seeing Natalie Cassidy and her blowing her trumpet.

You go first...... What you just said amounts to a piss poor excuse for him (and you).

Klopp and Guardiola in particular, have been in a position to cherry pick the best players. An instant advantage.

On top of that, both are exceptional coaches and have both overseen periods of high performance and success. To break that is some challenge and we see how good (sadly) Arsen al have had to be to get even close.

United have who that would get into the first team of either? So what you then need is a manager who is arguably better than both to bridge the gap.

I don't think that is realistic or even possible and probably can only think of Mourinho (at his psychological best) who might have got close.

And that's also why I have grudging recognitiom of the Mysteron, if hoping that the nightmare scenario doesn't turn into a reality.

The only time you know you have a side who are ready to usurp both is when that side cam beat either home amd away. United can't under Ten Hag and not sure which manager they can find who will.

Same problem for the 4 or 5 clubs who realistically can have that expectation.

Klopp and Guardiola in particular, have been in a position to cherry pick the best players. An instant advantage.

On top of that, both are exceptional coaches and have both overseen periods of high performance and success. To break that is some challenge and we see how good (sadly) Arsen al have had to be to get even close.

United have who that would get into the first team of either? So what you then need is a manager who is arguably better than both to bridge the gap.

I don't think that is realistic or even possible and probably can only think of Mourinho (at his psychological best) who might have got close.

And that's also why I have grudging recognitiom of the Mysteron, if hoping that the nightmare scenario doesn't turn into a reality.

The only time you know you have a side who are ready to usurp both is when that side cam beat either home amd away. United can't under Ten Hag and not sure which manager they can find who will.

Same problem for the 4 or 5 clubs who realistically can have that expectation.

He's spent a fuck load of money
They're shit.
No visible identity.
Some of the players blatantly think he's a cunt.
Currently sat unconvincingly in 6th.
Gifted a 3rd place finish last season by us Dippers and Chavski being shit.

.....Irrespective of Klopp & Pep.

Arteta, Ange & Emre also currently sit above him.

Back
Top Bottom