Come here to laugh at United

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's not as binary as your sarcasm suggests. But we can learn from how they turned up in big moments in a way we did not. We can not be so arrogant to believe we can learn nothing from anyone else.

Wholesome sentiment in theory; but.......

What specifically DID we learn from them yesterday....? I saw a clearly inferior team pluck a performance out of their arse because as the cliche goes "form goes out the window in a 'derby' ".

What tangible, practical lesson do we take from that?

What specifically DID we learn from them yesterday....? I saw a clearly inferior team pluck a performance out of their arse because as the cliche goes "form goes out the window in a 'derby' ".

Figure out how they get to finals and copy that.

Yeh,.... "Figure out"...... That's exactly the conclusive level of insight I was hoping for.

A revelation. Bravo.

They do this all the time despite being shit. Make finals, win cups. There is clearly something they are doing to have their worst period where they've mostly been around or below us in the league yet win a couple of league cups, a EL, and numerous cup finals/semis.

I you kidding me? ...the bloody obvious one. You raise your game when thousands of your fans who can't afford a seasons ticket and have been starved of success for two decades beg borrow and steal to give you a full house in a cup game. That these so call one-offs might be the only time a fan gets to see the club he/ she loves. Mate do you ever talk like an actual paying fan.? Your objectivity is laudable, I'm glad I don't share it.Ffs

Last edited:
I you kidding me?

It's a genuine question. Expecting some semblance of strategic/practical 'lesson' to be conveyed.

...the bloody obvious one. You raise your game when thousands of your fans who can't afford a seasons ticket and have been starved of success for two decades beg borrow abd steal to give you a full house in a cup game. That these so call one-off might be the only time a fan gets to see the club he/ she loves.

.......Pardon me but, by asking that question I was originally crediting you with more intelligence than to just angrily fire back a load of half-cocked angry sentiment.

Mate do you ever talk like an actual paying fan.? Your objectively is laudable, I'm glad I don't share it.Ffs

Calm down, wind your neck in and in the meantime fuck off. Thx.

(I thought better of you than this wanky John Thomas bullshit. Was I wrong?)

I'm pretty fucking livid to hear Son say "we didn't try hard enough" this weekend. There's nothing in my question to you that conveys that I don't give a shit.

Last edited:
They do this all the time despite being shit. Make finals, win cups. There is clearly something they are doing to have their worst period where they've mostly been around or below us in the league yet win a couple of league cups, a EL, and numerous cup finals/semis.

Yes; and as frustrating as that is to observe; my question was what should we (the players/manager) do about that? ..............I was expecting (nay; hoping) for practical answers to the original reasonable assertion that we should learn a "lesson" from that Man U game.........

"Figure out" how to do the same is a completely hollow answer.

Last edited:
It's a genuine question. Expecting some semblance of strategic/practical 'lesson' to be conveyed.

.......Pardon me but, by asking that question I was originally crediting you with more intelligence that to just angrily fire back a load of half-cocked angry sentiment.

I'm pretty fucking livid to hear Son say "we didn't try hard enough" this weekend. There's nothing in my question to you that conveys that I don't give a shit.
Fuck me, you’d think that they had done the double.

They finally turned up, got a little luck and reached a cup semi final, ffs.
We’ve done that and lost — what is it? — 8 in a row.

.......Pardon me but, by asking that question I was originally crediting you with more intelligence that to just angrily fire back a load of half-cocked angry sentiment.

Oh go fuck yourself, like most paying fans finding your bullshit is getting tiresome. I don't owe you shit. Your pretence at engagement is as fraudulent as the other happy clappers. When you are paying to watch the crap we served up against Fulham I'll give a fuck what you think. Till then keep being reasonable. And your not livid about shit you fake. You and the other fakes can fuck right off with the other corpses to me. Going going gone. I don't engage with shills and liars I genuinely blank them.

Last edited:
Oh go fuck yourself, like most paying fans your bullshit is getting tiresome. I don't owe you shit. Your pretence at engagement is as fraudulent as the other happy clappers. When you are paying to watch the crap we served up against Fulham I'll give a fuck what you think. Till then keep being reasonable.

.........And this is your way of coping with the weekend?

Wow... What a cunt.

Oh go fuck yourself, like most paying fans your bullshit is getting tiresome. I don't owe you shit. Your pretence at engagement is as fraudulent as the other happy clappers. When you are paying to watch the crap we served up against Fulham I'll give a fuck what you think. Till then keep being reasonable. And your not livid about shit you fake. You and the other fakes can fuck right off with the other corpses to me. Going going gone.
Airfixx Airfixx

Sorry, I’m confused and I’m trying to make head and tail out of this alphabet soup.

Is ‘ your bullshit tiresome’ because you’re a paying fan or you don’t give a fuck because you’re not a paying fan?

Can you clarify your position on what you may or may not have paid for :)

No it's my way of flushing frauds. Keep being you. I'll be me. I take being called a cunt by frauds a compliment. Happy life pal.

"Flushing frauds"? ...........Sort yourself out. You sound like a child.

You need me to post some ticket stubs (from my 30-odd years of match attendance) to smooth this over and 'qualify' myself? .......Go fuck yourself.

Airfixx Airfixx

Sorry, I’m confused and I’m trying to make head and tail out of this alphabet soup.

Is ‘ your bullshit tiresome’ because you’re a paying fan or you don’t give a fuck because you’re not a paying fan?

Can you clarify your position on what you may or may not have paid for :)

Dunno, fella...... I don't make these rules.

I don't need your thirty year old stubbs. I don't need shit from you and let's just start with engagement.
When you are paying to watch the crap we served up against Fulham I'll give a fuck what you think

What a mess you are all of a sudden.

How does this work....? One only gets an opinion if they were at the whatever specific game is being discussed?

I didn't actually ask you to care about what I think.... I did however make the mistake of caring what you might think..... Silly me eh.

Dunno, fella...... I don't make these rules.
To be honest with you, I’m so glad that I get to watch the matches with the people I do.
Good mates that I’ve been watching with since we were teens or my extended family.

Even down the pub, win or lose even with performances like Saturday, there was never a problem between fans and certainly not as to who is the ‘better’ or ‘proper’ fan. I think I’ve seen one argument in the last decade (over sacking Conte, funnily enough).

If I had to watch games with some of the Spurs fans on here, I would end up a bigger Woolwich fan than Plod.

Airfixx Airfixx if you think this is constructive tactical engagement your not as smart as you think. I really want to believe you actually care way more than this intimates. But I concede I know you are are better than that. And though I don't agree with lots of your takes on us, prehaps you can not see that in the wake of our last performance the tone grinds.

In this spirit I'll not consign you to the outer darkness of ignore, like the weirdo trying to insert himself in our cunt off. I blissfully haven’t seen a word Mr let me delete what I've written has posted in over six months. You maybe a happy clapper but I do not genuinely suspect you might... might be ill.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom