Come here to laugh at Dippers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Apparently if the UK government decides to cancel all major sporting events to combat Covid-19 (and thus cancelling the rest of the season), Liverpool would NOT be declared champions. The season would instead be declared null and void.

According to the Mail at least.
What does that mean West ham stay up?. And we re start, when ever , with City as Champions and us fourth and in the ECL....I'm just popping out to Iran.

To be fair they were only reporting what the government and police at the time told them.
Football fans were despised and seen largely as animals not human beings, it was a different time, a different style of reporting.

The press were being told by the police and authorities that drunken Liverpool fans turned up late without tickets and forced the gates, causing the crush.
So that's how they reported it.

But nobody ever considers historical context in these things.

Not that I really want to defend that rag and I hope it goes under, but that's just what happened.
Why were the sun the outlier? Why no campaign "don't buy the star"?

To be fair they were only reporting what the government and police at the time told them.
Football fans were despised and seen largely as animals not human beings, it was a different time, a different style of reporting.

The press were being told by the police and authorities that drunken Liverpool fans turned up late without tickets and forced the gates, causing the crush.
So that's how they reported it.

But nobody ever considers historical context in these things.

Not that I really want to defend that rag and I hope it goes under, but that's just what happened.
It wasn’t just that. They also accused Liverpool fans of stealing from the dead bodies.

THANK YOU WATFORD!!!
:adethumbup:

My new second favourite team!

saviours of football fans everyone, It's bad enough that they will stroll the league but at least I don't have to listen to the season they went invincible song from the cultists for the rest of my life....
:mourcheeks:

lHr1L31i7aJS-O8tUdHOIQ_96x96.png

Back
Top Bottom