Come at me Bros

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who was the target when we sung 'your just a shit Chas and Dave'?

What is the colonel's favourite saying?

What year was the shelf pulled down?

How many houses did Irving Scholar buy Gazza's family so he would sign for us?

When was the last time a song was heard from the west stand?

On a basic level they won't be looking to employ people who will act on emotion for the club rather than making rational decisions.

Added to that someone piping up with questions about why we haven't signed x y z or why the sponsors logo is red would just be a pain in arse.

I suppose it all depends on what role you are hoping/going to be in.
tbh I think I have a good mix of the passion for the club and the drive to work in the industry anyway - coaching is an area where you have to separate the emotions to make the right decision. I know what you're saying though, maybe it's not best to be too much of a smart arse in the interview.

They want me to do a 5-minute presentation on the club as well, without the use of presentation aids. I'm still brainstorming but my angle is 'Past, Present and Future' - I have knowledge of the past of the club, I live through the present and am part of that, and want to be part of a promising future for the club (training ground, new stadium etc).

Might be a bit corny but it's 'different'

Who's been on the stadium tour then? Any thoughts about what went down/what you saw?
I went on a tour a few years back, it was when the club released the new kit at midnight. They had a load of stuff going on that night but I can't remember much about what happend on the tour because my youngest two kids were being a real pain and kept fuckin around in the dressing room. The guide did spend a bit of time talking about the "Hall of Fame" pics in the foyer/corridor, he also spent a bit of time trying to get my Boy to get off the pitch at about 02:30 in the morning, very surreal.
All the best with the interview/presentation.

Seems like the board/liverpool/transfer moaning has subsided and we are deep in the international break as James's interview is the top story in our Tottenham section

Who's been on the stadium tour then? Any thoughts about what went down/what you saw?

I went on it just over two years ago, a few days before Harry got the bullet and was the extended tour, which also included lunch in the directors/VIP lounge in the West stand.

It was excellent from start to finish, the guy who did it - Gary Belsham, I think has done stadium tours at WHL since the year dot. There was literally nothing he did not know about Spurs past or present, and he was also more than happy to answer any questions as we all went round.

He openly said that it is Daniel Levy who makes all the major decisions at the club (which I expect everyone knows already), and I am sure he said that it was Levy, who got Joe Lewis on-board, rather than the other way around, as most people would expect.

My wife (who hates football) & I really enjoyed it, and would highly recommend to any Spurs fans young or old.

Last edited:
I went on it just over two years ago, a few days before Harry got the bullet and was the extended tour, which also included lunch in the directors/VIP lounge in the West stand.

It was excellent from start to finish, the guy who did it - Gary Belsham, I think has done stadium tours at WHL since the year dot. There was literally nothing he did not know about Spurs past or present, and he was also more than happy to answer any questions as we all went round.

He openly said that it is Daniel Levy who makes all the major decisions at the club (which I expect everyone knows already), and I am sure he said that it was Levy, who got Joe Lewis on-board, rather than the other way around, as most people would expect.

My wife (who hates football) & I really enjoyed it, and would highly recommend to any Spurs fans young or old.
Gary Belsham is the guy that is actually taking my interview as well! He must be so clued up about the club as you say, he's the head of stadium tours from what I gather!

Gary Belsham is the guy that is actually taking my interview as well! He must be so clued up about the club as you say, he's the head of stadium tours from what I gather!
I went on one in February. I assume Gary Belsham gave it. He was a nice guy and answered every question without a thought really. Knew absolutely everything. We went over the hall of fame. All the cups that Spurs have won. Youll have to know a good amount to answer all the questions so I would be expecting him to throw questions at you about mostly the present.

Fantastic, he is a really nice chap and made soo much time for answering people's questions on the tour I was on. He even knew extensive amounts about the new pitch, base, seeding process, under-soil heating etc, that was being constructed whilst we were there, ahead of the 2012/13 season.

Top bloke and I am sure he will make you feel at ease, whilst not expecting you to know absolutely everything like he does.

Last edited:
Last time I went on a tour there was a lot of chat about WHL, how it's developed, CL capacity, new stadium, geeky stuff about the stands and their capacity, when terracing finally went, record attendances etc etc etc...

I've got a job interview at Spurs in a couple of weeks (#blatant), and as part of my interview I have to take a 'short quiz about the club.' Could you lovely cunts fire some questions at me to refresh my knowledge of the club and see where I can improve?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Up the Spurs

First thing that popped up in my mind - Levy's sacking Poch already? :levystare:

Good luck with the interview!:adethumbup:

Congratulations! I hope the job ends up yours. *Protip- show a bit of skin...preferably foreskin, lets them know you are serious.

Question: Where does the secret tunnel out of WHL lead and which player currently occupies the locker/doorway?

When Nacer Chadli is entertaining our female support, does he use fingers or tongue?
Toes

inbetweeners_jay2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom