Come at me Bros

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

World War I Hero and the first professional black player in League Football for Spurs, Walter Tull has been commemorated on a coin, what is the value of the coin?

Well done Park Lane James Park Lane James , you've got one foot in the door already, by getting an interview in the first place, as I expect numerous people would have applied.

Which position is it for incidentally? I'm guessing one of these:

• Next head coach when Poch gets his P45?
  • BAE's hair stylist?
  • Erik Lamela's personal physio?
Read-up on, why Woolwich are such a bunch of South London, nomadic CUNTS? And why Jack Wiltshire is an even bigger cunt than John Terry?

Best of luck with it, and please let us know how you get on.
Mensa Mensa It's as a stadium tour guide! I'm bloody delighted to even get an interview to be honest, as you say there must have been a fair amount of applicants. Once I get to this stage I'm usually confident of convincing them that I'm the right man for the job, or at least that's how I maximise my chances!

No problem mate, I'll let you all know and thanks for the support!

Last edited:
Nutter-Naylor Nutter-Naylor It's as a stadium tour guide! I'm bloody delighted to even get an interview to be honest, as you say there must have been a fair amount of applicants. Once I get to this stage I'm usually confident of convincing them that I'm the right man for the job, or at least that's how I maximise my chances!

No problem mate, I'll let you all know and thanks for the support!

I'm sure Spurs1882DW Spurs1882DW will be delighted to read your answer, Naylor might also be interested but still...
:adelol:

If that's the job then I guess studying the stadium facts might be a good idea. When was it built, what was the grounds used for before the stadium was built, what's the highest attendance Spurs have ever had, what's the biggest occations ever on WHL, ...?

Without Google, and to the best of my knowledge:

When did we first win the Lge Championship, and who was the manager?
First Division I assume? 1951 and Arthur Rowe

Why did Bill Nich retire?
The Feyenoord match in 1974 set the wheels in motion, as he couldn't believe that our supporters could cause so much trouble. After that I'm not 100% sure tbh.

It's going to be what year was Tottenham founded, how many FA cups have we won, who is our most successful manager, when was White Hart Lane built, top goalscorer.
1882, 8, Bill Nicholson, 1898, Jimmy Greaves

In what year did Spurs become a professional club?
No idea!

Why did the Hotspur FC rename themselves Tottenham Hotspur?
I'm going to guess this one - 1886

Name Spurs' captains of the 90s and 2000s.
Bloody hell. I'll name the ones that I remember from my time supporting the club:
RSol, Sherwood, Ferdinand, Ginola (guess), Sheringham, Robinson, King, Keane, Woodgate, Dawson, Kaboul, Friedel there's probably a few more but I can't be fucked to think of them lol

World War I Hero and the first professional black player in League Football for Spurs, Walter Tull has been commemorated on a coin, what is the value of the coin?
My original inkling was right (£5), but I settled for £2 which is wrong :(

In what year did Spurs become a professional club?
No idea!

Why did the Hotspur FC rename themselves Tottenham Hotspur?
I'm going to guess this one - 1886

Name Spurs' captains of the 90s and 2000s.
Bloody hell. I'll name the ones that I remember from my time supporting the club:
RSol, Sherwood, Ferdinand, Ginola (guess), Sheringham, Robinson, King, Keane, Woodgate, Dawson, Kaboul, Friedel there's probably a few more but I can't be fucked to think of them lol

Became professional in December 1895. Our first competitive game against a professional side was against Stoke and we got tonked 5-0.

There was another club called Hotspur FC in Wimbledon, south London - so we became Tottenham Hotspur, at our second annual general meeting of members, 2 April 1884. The other Hotspur FC disappeared in the 1890s.

I was reading Forward the Spurs - the early years of Tottenham Hotspur, by Brian Belton, earlier today :lennonlol:

As for captains of the 90s and 2000s, your list will do, sod checking.

Congrats! If you get the job you have to become our top ITK to drive traffic. Keep Spooky and Ricky's kids in shoes.

Most appearances for the club?

Who did we beat in the final to win Britain's first European trophy in 1963?

Why do you think so, mate?

On a basic level they won't be looking to employ people who will act on emotion for the club rather than making rational decisions.

Added to that someone piping up with questions about why we haven't signed x y z or why the sponsors logo is red would just be a pain in arse.

I suppose it all depends on what role you are hoping/going to be in.

Back
Top Bottom