Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Since we lost the Belgian Prince, Eriksen’s form has fallen off a cliff. This also coincides with the contractual shenanigans & (I think) him becoming a father.
We don’t have that protective shield in front of the defence, nor a player that sees the pass to the man that makes things tick when given the time and space by someone with Dembele’s special talents.
It’s done between Spurs & Eriksen. I’d be amazed if there was any way back, & I hope we get rid as quickly as we can now. He has been very good for us but we were very good for him. He’s a shell of the player he was & it is time for a change for both club and player.

Well put and not an anti- Spurs view as some on here may counter- just realistic

Number of matches played:

Eriksen 222
De Bruyne 133
Fàbregas 163
Özil 173

Hazard also has 34 more goals than Eriksen in that time.

Eriksen has been the sole creative player for his club and takes almost every free kick and corner.
So he rarely gets injured, is generally fit all the time and was almost always in form. So he played more games than the injury prone KDB and the out of form Fabregas and Ozil.

Was that your point?

The last game and a half gives us an insight into what we might be losing.

OK not at his standard of a couple of seasons ago but still by far our most creative player. He's proven himself over and over again at PL standard over an extended period of time, something Lo Celso and Ndombele are yet to achieve.

He frustrates with his jogging about, missed and pulled-out-of challenges, poor free kicks and corners (when was the last time he scored from a dead ball in the PL before Norwich?)

But, in my view, he will be sorely missed.

His free kick was nice to see but christ, if I could've clicked my fingers and Thanossed him out of existence immediately after his last kick of the game corner hit the first man then I would have.

So he rarely gets injured, is generally fit all the time and was almost always in form. So he played more games than the injury prone KDB and the out of form Fabregas and Ozil.

Was that your point?

KDB only joined City in 2015 whereas Eriksen has been playing for Spurs since 2013. KDB averages only 5 games fewer per season than Eriksen but I guess that makes him injury prone...

Ozil is out of form but managed 1 assist per 3.25 matches, Fabregas out of form 1 in 2.96 but Eriksen 1 in 3.58 matches?

Whatever point you’re trying to make, i’d quit while you’re behind.

KDB only joined City in 2015 whereas Eriksen has been playing for Spurs since 2013. KDB averages only 5 games fewer per season than Eriksen but I guess that makes him injury prone...

Ozil is out of form but managed 1 assist per 3.25 matches, Fabregas out of form 1 in 2.96 but Eriksen 1 in 3.58 matches?

Fair point on KDB. I’d much rather we had him in our side than Eriksen, Fuck the other two.

Was that your point?

The point is Eriksens stats are higher than his rivals because he's played a shit tone more games for them. He also hasn't had a rival in his own team in any of that period which has helped his stats up. KDB is the main creator for City, but by no means the only creator. He doesn't take every single corner, free kick, he's not always the one getting the assists. Eriksen is/was for us.

Dunno. But I guess it's a lost art cos his 8 goals on free kicks since 2013 is the most in the league
2 since 2015 though

Eriksen last scored a free kick at home to Everton in the final game of last season. Years ago before that

A random guy on a Saturday night can drink 9 pints, 3 with a whiskey chaser, 4 vodka slammers, 5 tequila shots, eat a curry on the way home, turn out at 10am for his Sunday League side and whip a corner into the penalty area.....
A professional footballer on 100k a week can’t?🤔

A random guy on a Saturday night can drink 9 pints, 3 with a whiskey chaser, 4 vodka slammers, 5 tequila shots, eat a curry on the way home, turn out at 10am for his Sunday League side and whip a corner into the penalty area.....
A professional footballer on 100k a week can’t?🤔
Look at James Ward-Prowse's corners and then at Eriksen's.

Who says Ozil and Fabregas are out of form?

The point is Eriksens stats are higher than his rivals because he's played a shit tone more games for them. He also hasn't had a rival in his own team in any of that period which has helped his stats up. KDB is the main creator for City, but by no means the only creator. He doesn't take every single corner, free kick, he's not always the one getting the assists. Eriksen is/was for us.

Eriksen last scored a free kick at home to Everton in the final game of last season. Years ago before that
Yeah, the first point was already mad a couple of posts above. And it’s fair.

On the note of him not having a creative competitor in the team, I agree and fall to my knees at the fact we had Eriksen at all. As if we didn’t have him, we’d have been fucked. Can’t think of another player of that quality we’d have got back then for the money we spent. The value he’s offered has been stupendous.

And if he’s behind KDB, Ozil, Hazard and Fabregas, that’s fine. I’ll happily take a fifth best creator in the league for £10m and £80k per week rather than third place Ozil on £50m and £300k per week.

Who says Ozil and Fabregas are out og form
I did. When was the last time either player had a nice run of maybe six to ten good matches in the premier league?
Thought is was Borks:)

Is he really going to Inter? Is that it like? What a sideways step. He’ll be back playing Europa league on a Thursday night. Shame

Back
Top Bottom