Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Which top European club or PL club would want Eriksen?!

His highlights reel and stats are easy pickings for any scout out there. Why does any club want a failed manager or player from elsewhere? Everybody thinks they will be the one to unlock the magic he used to have. His agent will be able to explain almost anything away to secure a deal.

I can picture it now:

Buying club chairman: "We believe this salary is fair given Christian's poor form over the past 12-18 months"

Eriksen's agent: "Poor form!? Have you not seen that he covers more distance than anyone else on the pitch?"

He's a good player if he wants to be. IMO he has been trying to protect himself from a major injury for the last year and a half in order to keep his options open for his next contract, which obviously makes him not quite up to snuff in the extremely physical prem. He can be a late sub for the rest of the year but we really can't afford to start a player not willing to put their body on the line. I'm disappointed in how this all went down- wish Levy would have sold him and moved on in summer 18 rather than this shit.

When he wants to play, he's just insane. As much as I hate to admit it, we do need the bastard...

I don't think that anybody doubts his ability, it's his attitude that's the problem.

Oh there definitely are Stevee, there are a few in here that have been constantly telling us how they've always known he's shit and all goals, assists passes and chances and whatnot were just a five year run of flukes, aided by him playing with geniuses like Moura and Sissoko. I shit thee not.

Oh there definitely are Stevee, there are a few in here that have been constantly telling us how they've always known he's shit and all goals, assists passes and chances and whatnot were just a five year run of flukes, aided by him playing with geniuses like Moura and Sissoko. I shit thee not.
Well, you'll always have bias (self asserting or other wise) with fans.
I've been guilty of it myself when Son first joined us for example.

There's even 1 or 2 lads on here that think Sissoko is shit. IIRC one of them used to start a ratings thread but gave up when Sissoko won the MOTM poll for @75% of the time.

:dierpochhug:

Last edited:

You kinda are though, innit.

Well for starters I've never seen Lucas described as a "genius" (please don't mention any immediate afterglow from the Ajax game.... Obv. he was our god that night); nor Sissoko (without it being blatantly tongue in cheek)... Same goes for the notion that Eriksen's whole time with us has been a "fluke"... And certainly none of this has been claimed "constantly".

That's kinda what tha kidz call fake news, Blakey.

...Bearing in mind stevee stevee 's post directly above mine, it's also rather rich too.

Back
Top Bottom