Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

if I had been letting the team down, I'd be embarrassed to celebrate too much, seeing as I didn't contribute as much as I could.
A dip in form for good players lasts maybe a month or two. This thing has been dragging on way too long.
Yeah it is really weird. How do you go from being so fundamentally sound to ropey for such an extended period? Dier I understand. His body's obviously been been fielding off some nasty stuff but Eriksen has always been fit and healthy.

Yeah it is really weird. How do you go from being so fundamentally sound to ropey for such an extended period? Dier I understand. His body's obviously been been fielding off some nasty stuff but Eriksen has always been fit and healthy.
Because he is mentally pretty weak, a very talented and good footballer though when he is happy, motivated and focused.

For example De Bruyne is very, very talented, but also a winner by nature and mentally very strong, that's why he has become truly world-class.

The only answer really, isn't it? I'd have thought years of parading your skills in front of aggressive supporters in away stadiums would have helped build up a degree of mental toughness. But I'm no psychologist.

Unless he’s hoping to go to OT

Wouldn’t want him playing for another PL club
Weren't the rumors in the summer that we had actually accepted a bid from United/allowed them to contact him. But he turned them down because he does not want to stay in England?

It seems like when his career did not go according to his very detailed career plan he just went off the rails.

Like when he couldn't get his dream move to Spain this summer it all just came undone.

Weren't the rumors in the summer that we had actually accepted a bid from United/allowed them to contact him. But he turned them down because he does not want to stay in England?

Yes he reckoned that Jan could quite easily do the journey up the M6 so prefers Spain or Italy with Juve favourites

Somehow his form hasn't come undone enough to spoil his international standing; he's listed as the 41st best player in the world on the Guardian website! Just above Dybala, our own Lucas at 67 and Dele at 89. Does this panel even watch football?

Last year he was in the 20s, which was pretty generous, but he has been poor this year. Mental.

Because he is mentally pretty weak, a very talented and good footballer though when he is happy, motivated and focused.

For example De Bruyne is very, very talented, but also a winner by nature and mentally very strong, that's why he has become truly world-class.

Not sure if he's mentally weak. He might just be acting up on purpose because of off the field issues like contract, management, etc.

Over his time with us he's been invaluable, a match winner and creator for others. His form has dropped but I'll always consider him a class act, a skilful, intelligent, hardworking player who made us a better team. Not courageous in the tackle (like Hod) but courageous in terms of taking the ball in tight areas, playing the killer pass or walloping in a winner when it was needed. Taking responsibility comes in many forms.

Mod went to the Daily Mail to get a move to Chelsea, Bale and Berbs downed tools to get a move, all of them spent less time at Spurs than Eriksen. He cost us fuck all relatively, whatever happens I won't slag someone who gave me some of my best moments as a fan. Pick him or don't, but if you do, get the best out of him - if you can't, drop him. That's the manager's job after all, the player doesn't pick himself to play.

Toby and Jan are also running down their contracts, I couldn't give a fuck...that's modern footy, good luck to them. The club does or should do what's best for the club, if it doesn't that's the club's fault, not the players.

Christian on behalf of TFC we all love you. I'm confident I speak for each and every member of this wonderful site in saying so. :mourthumb:

Over his time with us he's been invaluable, a match winner and creator for others. His form has dropped but I'll always consider him a class act, a skilful, intelligent, hardworking player who made us a better team. Not courageous in the tackle (like Hod) but courageous in terms of taking the ball in tight areas, playing the killer pass or walloping in a winner when it was needed. Taking responsibility comes in many forms.

Mod went to the Daily Mail to get a move to Chelsea, Bale and Berbs downed tools to get a move, all of them spent less time at Spurs than Eriksen. He cost us fuck all relatively, whatever happens I won't slag someone who gave me some of my best moments as a fan. Pick him or don't, but if you do, get the best out of him - if you can't, drop him. That's the manager's job after all, the player doesn't pick himself to play.

Toby and Jan are also running down their contracts, I couldn't give a fuck...that's modern footy, good luck to them. The club does or should do what's best for the club, if it doesn't that's the club's fault, not the players.

Christian on behalf of TFC we all love you. I'm confident I speak for each and every member of this wonderful site in saying so. :mourthumb:
I think the singling out that Eriksen is getting is because he has been so far below his best for what amounts to almost a year now. We have seen him at his peak, and for whatever reason he hasn't been able to sustain that for a prolonged period now. That plus his wanting a "different challenge" (just say what you mean), and running down his contract all add up to a souring of his memory for many fans. It's a shame, but if he had managed to get his move when he wanted it, it would probably have all been very different.

if I had been letting the team down, I'd be embarrassed to celebrate too much, seeing as I didn't contribute as much as I could.
A dip in form for good players lasts maybe a month or two. This thing has been dragging on way too long.

I agree with you entirely regarding his form. When does poor form become the norm? I have heard lots of posters call him rude names about his perceived lack of commitment and poor form but at what point do people start questioning whether he actually has the capability to perform anymore? It certainly is one long bad patch and I am not sure he can get things back on track but I guess time will tell.

I think the singling out that Eriksen is getting is because he has been so far below his best for what amounts to almost a year now. We have seen him at his peak, and for whatever reason he hasn't been able to sustain that for a prolonged period now. That plus his wanting a "different challenge" (just say what you mean), and running down his contract all add up to a souring of his memory for many fans. It's a shame, but if he had managed to get his move when he wanted it, it would probably have all been very different.

Nailed it.

if he had managed to get his move when he wanted it, it would probably have all been very different.

Reason he didn't

he has been so far below his best for what amounts to almost a year now.

Which top European club or PL club would want Eriksen?! He is so static with the ball at his feet. His free kicks and corners are 50/50 at best. Never seen him sprinting. His passing has become dismal.
For the last time I repeat, Levy should pay his remaining 6 months salary in advance and tell him to f off.

Which top European club or PL club would want Eriksen?! He is so static with the ball at his feet. His free kicks and corners are 50/50 at best. Never seen him sprinting. His passing has become dismal.
For the last time I repeat, Levy should pay his remaining 6 months salary in advance and tell him to f off.
Mourinho wants him to stay. So if levy was to do anything like that Jose is off.
GLC was supposed to be his replacement, Jose obviously has no confidence in him.

Mourinho wants him to stay. So if levy was to do anything like that Jose is off.
GLC was supposed to be his replacement, Jose obviously has no confidence in him.

If he is allowed to sign a new deal then that is crazy. He offers nothing. Very early days I know and I am trying not to be knee jerk but I am worried. Eriksen, Dier and Aurier are not the future yet keep getting selected. Lo Celso, Ndombele and Foyth have got to be better alternatives surely. I know a few Man U fans and they warned me about Mourinho’s frustrating team selections and I am beginning to think they may have a point

Back
Top Bottom