Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I wouldn't be completely sure that he's off.

He says that it needs to be a step up, which in his own words leaves very few clubs because of Tottenham's recent development. He specifically mentions Madrid as a step up, but says that they haven't "called Spurs" to the best of his knowledge.

He also says that if the "step up" isn't gonna happen, he's happy to stay and will sign a new contract.

Obviously it seems like he's off, but I'd say only if Real or Barca are in for him. Otherwise he'll stay.

I wouldn't be completely sure that he's off.

He says that it needs to be a step up, which in his own words leaves very few clubs because of Tottenham's recent development. He specifically mentions Madrid as a step up, but says that they haven't "called Spurs" to the best of his knowledge.

He also says that if the "step up" isn't gonna happen, he's happy to stay and will sign a new contract.

Obviously it seems like he's off, but I'd say only if Real or Barca are in for him. Otherwise he'll stay.

Saying he wants to leave and will only sign a new contract if he can’t find something better is a bad bad look.

He basically sees us as a fall back option now which means that we should sell him as far as I am concerned because we will never get the absolute best from him again.

No hard feelings either, it is what it is, if he wants out then let him go and replace him, do it early doors so we aren't scrambling last minute.

Makes the Le Celso rumours more and more likely i’d say. I hope he’s more 2 footed than the videos suggest

I don't see this ending that satisfactorily. Only a year left on his contract, not the first choice of either Madrid or Barcelona. We won't get the best price for him, it'll be cheapskates like Juve offering 60 mill probably. Maybe United might offer decent wedge. Can't let him run his contract down, that's for sure.

Fair play to him for this stance. Obviously I'd love it if he was committed to staying, but he's not and... lets face it... haven't we all been in jobs where we've done a decent shift but need a move?

Far rather this than letting his contract run down with false promises...

Obviously it's now down to Levy to get a decent price and, if possible, avoid selling him to another English club. Anything north of £100m would be good business, anything less than £60m and it's a failure.

Not sure he has commanded a move from last seasons performance in truth.

But overall from his time with us he has been a top player and I'd have said we would have struggled to replace him... until this season.

Somebody who can beat the first man from corners please.

Looks like the Real dream has died. This interview is basically a "hi I'm availabe" to every other top club in europe

Bayern Munich maybe. Juventus. PSG. I can definitely see Liverpool throwing their hat in the ring.

This one might drag on all summer unfortunately and going by past transfers of this nature we won't be buying any replacement until he is sold

Not sure he has commanded a move from last seasons performance in truth.

Just 3rd highest in the Premier League for assists and 7th highest goals for a midfielder.

It's true that he hasn't hit the all round heights of some other seasons, but I think we now tend to see him through the lens of our own expectations. Certainly his free kicks have fallen off a cliff over the last couple of years.

If the quote is accurate, frankly he can go fuck off & “try something new”.
We don’t want or need players who aren’t 100% committed and have their eye on “bigger things”.
An absolutely brilliant player for us over the years, but this season, something hasn’t been quite right with him. Perhaps it’s the daydreaming of that “something new” that’s lost him a bit of the edge that made him such a fine baller.
See ya Christian...

Looks like the Real dream has died. This interview is basically a "hi I'm availabe" to every other top club in europe

Bayern Munich maybe. Juventus. PSG. I can definitely see Liverpool throwing their hat in the ring.

This one might drag on all summer unfortunately and going by past transfers of this nature we won't be buying any replacement until he is sold

I hope this time is different. Would also put a boot up his arse if a move fails to materialise, by showing him that we're planning on life without him. If he wants to play, then he'll need to get back to his best and can't just rely on being a starter in every match.

Back
Top Bottom