Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Frustrates the shit out of me at times with his crap deadballs and powder puff shots, especially as I know how good he can be.

But credit where it's due, thought he was excellent tonight - kept probing, trying clever balls, taking pot shots. Brilliant winning goal - thank goodness because that was one frustrating bitch of a game.

The fact you think the scenario is not a reality suggests you live out your football support in some kind of fairytale utopia where all the Spurs players love the club, and love the badge and never ever ever ever want to leave.

You need a reality check. Berbatov refused to come on as a sub for us to get a move to Utd.....unless of course you think Daniel Levy knows nothing about sport, seeing as he's the one who revealed it.

Yet here you are, believing a player would never....ever, bottle a challenge to avoid injury.

Awwww, how cute

You are a fucking joke mate. I feel sorry for the club that you are a fan. One thing is to put in a transfer request and refusing to come on as a sub, another thing is to play worse on purpose. If you can’t tell the difference then you need your head checked.

I have absolutely no idea how anyone can watch Eriksen play and think that he isn’t giving 100% for the club. Fucking ridiculous accusation. Eriksen is giving 100% while he is here, just as he did for Ajax. You don’t even hear him talk about runors to the press like other players.

I can’t even believe that a Spurs fan can think that Eriksen would play badly on purpose to get a transfer. Shit doesn’t even make any sense.

I’m not gonna take this any further, you are free to reply. I’ll put you guys on ignore though.

[edit]the last part was a bit harsh, but i do think it’s embarresing to see fans accuse Eriksen of playing badly on purpose and not giving everything for the club. Completely lack of respect and class if you ask me. Fair enough to critize players when they play badly, but absolutely not ok to imply that they are doing it on purpose. Like it’s just crazy to me that we have fans in here who can watch Eriksen play and think that when he plays badly he does it on purpose. Makes no sense.

Last edited:
Frustrates the shit out of me at times with his crap deadballs and powder puff shots, especially as I know how good he can be.

But credit where it's due, thought he was excellent tonight - kept probing, trying clever balls, taking pot shots. Brilliant winning goal - thank goodness because that was one frustrating bitch of a game.

Bus parkings are his sort of game, needing creativity and quality in tight spaces. Which I'm sure is part of the reason massive clubs abroad are after him. He can unlock Huesca on a hot Saturday afternoon.

I think he'll stay here rather than go to Real Madrid but he'd probably go if Barcelona came in. I just see him as a Barcelona kind of guy but not a Madrid one, not his kind of environment, with twats like Ramos and the little back biting cliques they have there.

Played ok, made some great passes, was extremely unadventurous other than the goal, made some really shit passes and wasted moves, didn’t dictate a thing, scored a world class goal.

Without the goal, it was an average showing.

I’ve always said you can have a world class performance with no goals and no assists and that’s why stats are shite.
Eriksen scores a vital, excellent goal of top class.

His performance wasn’t top class and excellent though. For me Danny Rose was that ....when Eriksen has that much influence on a game, without scoring, come and talk to me.

Last edited:
Without the goal, it was an average showing.
But it was the goal that secured us the points. Without him it would have been 0-0. You can’t just ignore that. He’s the very definition of a match winner. I can’t speak for you, but I’m absolutely made up. You’re beginning to sound like you have an agenda like BC with Sissoko. It’s all a bit tedious.

It was perfectly obvious that he was trying his bollocks off to thread a pass through their ridiculous defence. He was never more than 10 yards from the ball and he showed for it every time.

We all see different things, but you definitely have an agenda about this player - something I never thought I’d see from you. Equally your defence of Trippier is just sheer bloody mindedness - he’s an awful footballer and it’s no wonder he’s up for sale.

I don’t want to second guess you, but am I right in assuming you think we’d be a better team if we sold Eriksen and kept Trippier? Because that’s madness to me.

As you know I enjoy your posts in the main, and I would urge you not to shout at me if you decide to respond to this. In fact I’m so scared of crossing you, I’m going to have a couple of days off. Car needs an MOT.

Cheers.

Last edited:
We have to do all we can to get him signed he got us out of a hole last night and it’s not the first time he’s as important as Kane if not more!

But it was the goal that secured us the points. Without him it would have been 0-0. You can’t just ignore that. He’s the very definition of a match winner. I can’t speak for you, but I’m absolutely made up. You’re beginning to sound like you have an agenda like BC with Sissoko. It’s all a bit tedious.

Sorry, when has BC ever called Sissoko world class and given him credit for the things he did well?
Its tedious people constantly staying silent EVERY time Eriksen and Dele fuck up a move to be honest.
Whos to say if Eriksen didnt play better the game wouldnt have been put t bed by half time Joe?

Without him, it might have been 4-0. Its like saying we cant win without Kane....its nonsense.

It was perfectly obvious that he was trying his bollocks off to thread a pass through their ridiculous defence. He was never more than 10 yards from the ball and he showed for it every time.
Ive praised his efforts Joe:
Still not at his best but one thing he’s shown is heart, and for me that’s more than good enough right now
Oops no agenda

We all see different things, but you definitely have an agenda about this player - something I never thought I’d see from you. Equally your defence of Trippier is just sheer bloody mindedness - he’s an awful footballer and it’s no wonder he’s up for sale.

Hmmmm
True world class moment from Eriksen
World class goal

Just what I want from him
World class goal
Trippier is killing us
Get Trippier off the fucking pitch

:kanehand:

I don’t want to second guess you, but am I right in assuming you think we’d be a better team if we sold Eriksen and kept Trippier? Because that’s madness to me.

See above, no agenda Joe.
People just dont like it when certain players are critiqued. Not abused, by me, but critiqued, harshly.
None of this get the fuck out of my club stuff though.

Same cunts calling for Levys and Sissokos head talking about me saying Eriksen can be better.....fuck the lot of them.

Last edited:
Sorry, when has BC ever called Sissoko world class and given him credit for the things he did well?
Its tedious people constantly staying silent EVERY time Eriksen and Dele fuck up a move to be honest.
Whos to say if Eriksen didnt play better the game wouldnt have been put t bed by half time Joe?

Without him, it might have been 4-0. Its like saying we cant win without Kane....its nonsense.

Ive praised his efforts Joe:

Hmmmm

See above, no agenda Joe.
People just dont like it when certain players are critiqued. Not abused, by me, but critiqued, harshly.
None of this get the fuck out of my club stuff.

Same cunts calling for Levys head talking about me saying Eriksen can be better.....fuck the lot of them.
Fair enough mate. But these are are exciting times. Certainly the most exciting times in my time of supporting this ridiculous club. Let’s get behind every one of our knackered players. We might just pull off one for the ages. I have to say I’m loving this, as you are no doubt.

If Ronaldo didn't score 500 goals he'll be a shit Gary Doherty
No.
You see I’ve said several times that you can play a world class game WITHOUT scoring or assisting and that’s why stats are shit.

I think I may have even said in the post you quoted and cut and chopped.

You can play shit and score.

Last night Eriksen did neither. He did not play shit, or world class.

He was decent, and showed a world class moment that won the game. The goal doesn’t mean that earlier, at times, he wasn’t ineffective and wasteful.
Those poor passes still happened.

starsport24.jpg

No.
You see I’ve said several times that you can play a world class game WITHOUT scoring or assisting and that’s why stats are shit.

I think I may have even said in the post you quoted and cut and chopped.

You can play shit and score.

Last night Eriksen did neither. He did not play shit, or world class.

He was decent, and showed a world class moment that won the game. The goal doesn’t mean that earlier, at times, he wasn’t ineffective and wasteful.
Those poor passes still happened.

Your post #7321 was on the mark.

Im a massive CE fan, but for anyone who watched the game would admit, until he hit the winner he was off his game. Trying ? yes... Passes were missing the mark, losing possession and so forth. No doubt this guy on his day is sublime. This season has been rocks and diamonds.

Put simply, watching the game with my son here down under, for 70 minutes I was very critical of Christian. At the 89th minute, he was again my hero.

I think its fair to say that a gifted player can have an off day and still be the difference between winning and losing.

ultimately its a mark of how good he is hat this debate still rages. When you consider he was miles better than dele last night, Son's first touch was like a prime Jason Lee, llorente was completely anonymous and Moura did less than fuck all once moved to the left... yet here we arguing about Eriksen again, who was easily the one trying the hardest to make things happen and scored the crucial winner.

ultimately its a mark of how good he is hat this debate still rages. When you consider he was miles better than dele last night, Son's first touch was like a prime Jason Lee, llorente was completely anonymous and Moura did less than fuck all once moved to the left... yet here we arguing about Eriksen again, who was easily the one trying the hardest to make things happen and scored the crucial winner.

Son, Lucas and Dele were always going to be ineffective against a team playing 10 at the back. 2 of them rely heavily on space and getting in behind while Dele relies on the other attacking players to create holes by pulling defenders out of the position in which he pops up. If we'd have had Messi playing up top or on the wing last night he wouldn't have been able to do any more. Of course Eriksen was going to be the most likely to create given he was deeper and Brighton gave him all the time he wanted.

Son, Lucas and Dele were always going to be ineffective against a team playing 10 at the back. 2 of them rely heavily on space and getting in behind while Dele relies on the other attacking players to create holes by pulling defenders out of the position in which he pops up. If we'd have had Messi playing up top or on the wing last night he wouldn't have been able to do any more. Of course Eriksen was going to be the most likely to create given he was deeper and Brighton gave him all the time he wanted.
agree to a point - harder to be effective yes, but Son's first touch was abysmal last night, it kept bouncing off him, same with llorente - that's nothing to do with brighton parking the bus. Dele was asked to play deeper so he gets cut some slack... we really miss those runs from deep.

point is that erisken was the best of the lot yet no one is arguing on the dele/son/llorente threads, which shows the level of expectation we have of eriksen.

We all know he's having a poorer season by his standards, yet there he is, popping up with a moment in almost every match. If he can rack up these numbers in a bad season, i really struggle to see how we replace him easily.

Back
Top Bottom