Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

No - it makes him a DM. Clueless

Being slightly more advanced than Sissoko in a midfield 3 doesn't make Eriksen a fucking attacking midfielder.

ImperturbableColdHapuka-size_restricted.gif

Maybe i've set my standards for Eriksen impossibly high, but his set piece delivery has left a lot to be desired lately. I think it was home against Citeh when he hit a one man wall. How can you not get it around one man 10 yards away?

That said, I hope he is Spurs for life. Whether it's CM, CAM, or CDM

:eriksenlol:

Don’t get the arguments here and why pogba has come into it with the comparison to Ali, however I know which one I would want in my team and luckily it’s who we have.

Few can argue with the drop in form and apparent lack of effort from CE for most of the season. I find it strange to link this with contract talk, it’s part of their profession, discussing commercial opportunities with their agents, must happen regularly... personally feel his head is already elsewhere and we’re between a rock and a hard place. Can see him going and us quietly thanking him for the contribution, no exit like moose, just £90m and a press release. I just hope we’ve identified a suitable target. I watched hazard tonight, not his best game but he drags that team through games time and again, with a player like that in our team we would still be chasing the title.

Gary Neville says he is world class and that they should build a team around him.

Come on, Neville's been having digs at Pogba for almost his entire time there. When Mourinho was sacked he tweeted Pogba should be next. When he was playing great when Solskjar first came in he started whining about his agent. Only this weekend he was ranting about him but refusing to name him.

Ever since Neville made a twat of himself and lost the dressing room at Valencia, he's been refusing to blame managers for anything and seems to think the players at ManU and particularly their record signing Pogba are to blame entirely for his beloved alma's slapstick demise, especially as he'd already had the temerity to leave them in the first place.

What has Pogba actually done wrong that you know of?

Come on, Neville's been having digs at Pogba for almost his entire time there. When Mourinho was sacked he tweeted Pogba should be next. When he was playing great when Solskjar first came in he started whining about his agent. Only this weekend he was ranting about him but refusing to name him.

Ever since Neville made a twat of himself and lost the dressing room at Valencia, he's been refusing to blame managers for anything and seems to think the players at ManU and particularly their record signing Pogba are to blame entirely for his beloved alma's slapstick demise, especially as he'd already had the temerity to leave them in the first place.

What has Pogba actually done wrong that you know of?

Off you fuck.

Off you fuck.

Off you fuck, twice

Last edited:
Isn’t it funny that some people think Eriksen plays the same role a Sissoko, but then only compares Sissoko and Dele to Pogba.

Why won’t he compare Eriksen and Pogba?

Hmmmmm is it because he has claimed they are BOTH the most productive CM in the world?

Fucking all over the place

sammyspurs sammyspurs why get drawn in?

There are very few bold statements that don't divide the forum but on this one only those with a foil hat disagree. When CE puts in 100% he is brilliant, one of the best in the league and most fans would like him to stay and be on the team-sheet every game. This season however, he has gone missing and isn't putting the same effort in and boy does it show. If he wants out there is nothing we can do, get good money and a decent replacement, we can't carry a player who isn't committed, it has cost us big time this season and runs the risk of impacting the mental state of the team.

He hasn't made a fuss which is a good thing but i'm disappointed that the effort isn't there until his last kick in a spurs shirt. If it was I would like him to have a big send off and wish him well as it stands I wont give it a second thought. Only maybe his value that might be impacted by a poor season (I really hope this isn't the reason he has drop his form, not wanting to be priced out of his desired move).

Deep down i'm hoping for a post season announcement to say he has been playing with a chronic injury that will get fixed in the summer.

sammyspurs sammyspurs why get drawn in?

There are very few bold statements that don't divide the forum but on this one only those with a foil hat disagree. When CE puts in 100% he is brilliant, one of the best in the league and most fans would like him to stay and be on the team-sheet every game. This season however, he has gone missing and isn't putting the same effort in and boy does it show. If he wants out there is nothing we can do, get good money and a decent replacement, we can't carry a player who isn't committed, it has cost us big time this season and runs the risk of impacting the mental state of the team.

He hasn't made a fuss which is a good thing but i'm disappointed that the effort isn't there until his last kick in a spurs shirt. If it was I would like him to have a big send off and wish him well as it stands I wont give it a second thought. Only maybe his value that might be impacted by a poor season (I really hope this isn't the reason he has drop his form, not wanting to be priced out of his desired move).

Deep down i'm hoping for a post season announcement to say he has been playing with a chronic injury that will get fixed in the summer.

What kind of bullshit is this? Absolutely embarrassing to imply that Eriksen isn’t giving his all. There is absolutely nothing that points to him holding back. Do you actually think Poch would play him if his attitude was bad. Poch has been pretty damn good in not playing players that he thinks isn’t up to it. If Eriksen wasn’t committed then Poch wouldn’t play him.

Take off your tinfoil hat mate. There is no reason why Eriksen would purposely hold back. If anything playing better would make a Real or Barca transfer more likely. You are talking like a conspiracy nut.

Imagine actually thinking that Eriksen wouldn’t give 100% on purpose. What a fucking shite fan you are.

What kind of bullshit is this? Absolutely embarrassing to imply that Eriksen isn’t giving his all. There is absolutely nothing that points to him holding back. Do you actually think Poch would play him if his attitude was bad. Poch has been pretty damn good in not playing players that he thinks isn’t up to it. If Eriksen wasn’t committed then Poch wouldn’t play him.

Take off your tinfoil hat mate. There is no reason why Eriksen would purposely hold back. If anything playing better would make a Real or Barca transfer more likely. You are talking like a conspiracy nut.

Imagine actually thinking that Eriksen wouldn’t give 100% on purpose. What a fucking shite fan you are.
Imagine a scenario where you are 28 and pinning your future on a dream move to Real Madrid or Barca.

You have half a season to see out.
That 50-50 could either break Spurs away on a counter attack. Or it could break your ankle.

Do you think it’s wildly unlikely that a player might not put 100% into winning that ball?

Off you fuck, twice
Seeing as I am incapable of independent thought, and rely on Gary Neville to tell me what to think, the fact that he has said, as recently as Sunday, that Pogba is "the one world class player Utd have, someone who could save them from the wilderness, a good lad, a leader," consider this a dark night of the soul for me.

You must be wearing blinkers. Several seasons ago I felt Eriksen had all the ability but lacked the intensity to break up play and get stuck in, under Poch he made this final step and has been exceptional since. This season, for whatever reason he has taken a step back, like he is scared to get stuck in. If you watch, he runs back to cover (with less urgency than before) and rarely challenges. If you can't see this then you are blind.

I don't know the reason but I doubt it's contract talk. It's either due to an injury or fear of getting injured. I personally feel he has decided to not sign a new contract, has made the club aware of this in private out of respect and is hoping for a move at the end of the season with us bagging a large transfer fee.

If he has been honest with the club, and given 100% (until now), is a great example on the training pitch and dressing room whilst not airing his laundry in public why would Poch or anyone else be against him? It's a professional game and players move on.

Imagine a scenario where you are 28 and pinning your future on a dream move to Real Madrid or Barca.

You have half a season to see out.
That 50-50 could either break Spurs away on a counter attack. Or it could break your ankle.

Do you think it’s wildly unlikely that a player might not put 100% into winning that ball?
I think Eriksen is physically weak. When he and Son were being interviewed after the second leg of the CL game, Eriksen looked like a twig by comparison. Maybe he is worried about being snapped like one. After what happened to Kane in that challenge against Delph, I have had to reconsider things. Yes, aggression gives me the horn, but sometimes maybe it's best to hold back sometimes, especially if you are a creative player.

I think Eriksen is physically weak. When he and Son were being interviewed after the second leg of the CL game, Eriksen looked like a twig by comparison. Maybe he is worried about being snapped like one. After what happened to Kane in that challenge against Delph, I have had to reconsider things. Yes, aggression gives me the horn, but sometimes maybe it's best to hold back sometimes, especially if you are a creative player.
It is what it is......understandable? In some cases yes.
No one is saying he’s losing the games on purpose. But not giving your all is not giving your all, no matter what reason.

Back
Top Bottom