Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Get to the CL final and Eriksen may be happier to stay but on the other hand it will raise his standing and make him more attractive. Just hope it is resolved quickly and if he goes we get a good replacement.

Eriksen just has to look at Mahrez at City to see what life would be like at a so-called ‘bigger’ club. Ludicrously paid bench warmer.

Benchwarmer , yes. but he'll two Cup medals this season and probably a PL winners medal as well.

This is what Eriksen (and all us supporters) want. It's whether he thinks we'll win something over the next 3 or 4 years.

Think as a player he's been evolving for some time now.

He's not the typical #10 anymore. Don't think he's the playmaker we saw when he first came over.

He's now the guy who starts an attack/counter who feeds the #10. So in an ideal world, we find that #10 player this season allowing Eriksen to sit a little deeper while Sonny/Lucas attack from the wings

Kane is a brilliant #10

Lloris
RB - Alderweireld - Vertonghen - LB
DM
Eriksen - Dele
WF - Kane - Son
Would be ideal.

Certain games can see Winks step in as our screen or play alongside Eriksen with a new DM behind him and perhaps pushing Dele further forward with Kane and Son.

I honestly think he will stay.

He's not going to Barca. I don't think he has the star quality that Madrid require (because they're pricks) and the only other team that would pull him away is Juve.

Offer him the same contract as Kane and then let's add two to three extremely strong signings around him.

I think Eriksen's made the right decision to wait till the end of season and see where the club's at, and surely he's got like the vibe of the club at the new stadium, in a CL semi and shooting up the revenue table. I'm increasingly as convinced he'll stay as I was Bale would go.

I'm not convinced eriksen is "marquee" enough for madrid, at a time where Perez will be predictably under pressure to appease the masses with something big.

Barca - where does eriksen fit in there? they have messi and cuntinho filling the creative positions. i think he'd find himself in and out of the team and mainly playing deeper.
If they are serious about getting both Hazard and Pogba then Eriksen has no chance of being signed.

The problem is he probably looks at guys like Ozil on their contract and think of course I'm worth that much. So in our heads were wanting Levy to give him Kane money but we could be way off the mark on what Eriksen wants a week.

I actually think Moura was effective and tried different things the whole time he was on the pitch.
He was, but he didn’t have the “X” factor to win that game.
I hear what you’re saying about Eriksen & agree he has recently been way off what we expect from him, for whatever reason.
But he will always get picked if fit because that goal is what he is capable of (as well as many other positives)
When things aren’t coming off for him, you won’t see him hiding.
I was swearing at my phone at some of the underhit and listless passes he made, but fuck me, that’s one way to break the heart of a team that had set out neither to score or concede.
And he just kept going. Head never dropped. Never far away from the ball. Always available to take the ball.

TLDR- agree that he’s not been at his best & he is not immune from criticism. But he remains a matchwinner and still plays a massive role in our games.

I'm not convinced eriksen is "marquee" enough for madrid, at a time where Perez will be predictably under pressure to appease the masses with something big.

Barca - where does eriksen fit in there? they have messi and cuntinho filling the creative positions. i think he'd find himself in and out of the team and mainly playing deeper.
Plenty of giants would take him. Juve- in a heartbeat. Bayern too. I don’t think RM are a good fit for him or his skill set. Barca for sure, but as you say, where does he fit? He alleviates pressure on Messi, who isn’t getting younger, as great as he still is. Him and Messi in the same team? That is a team that will hurt you bad regularly when they sync. Maybe that’s where he fits in. Soooo hope he puts all this contract stuff to bed, doubles his wages and signs for another 3-4 years.

Benchwarmer , yes. but he'll two Cup medals this season and probably a PL winners medal as well.

This is what Eriksen (and all us supporters) want. It's whether he thinks we'll win something over the next 3 or 4 years.
And where’s the pride in that? Play 5 minutes in a team that didn’t need you, but didn’t want Woolwich to have you, so you get a few medals by default while 90% of your career is training.

Maybe but what personal value contributing next to nothing to get something over giving everything and lets say getting very close at least?

It's all about what a person wants and I am not blaming Mahrez for leaving Leicester but maybe going to City as an option was not the wisest.

As I said earlier in the thread I would consider a relatively stable Bayern a bigger threat than a volatile Madrid for Eriksen's services.

Last edited:
And where’s the pride in that? Play 5 minutes in a team that didn’t need you, but didn’t want Woolwich to have you, so you get a few medals by default while 90% of your career is training.

Not much pride you're right.

However in ten years no-one will remember how many games he played, but the medals will look just as shiny.

Maybe but what personal value contributing next to nothing to get something over giving everything and lets say getting very close at least?

It's all about what a person wants and I am not blaming Mahrez for leaving Leicester but maybe going to City as an option was not the wisest.

As I said earlier in the thread I would consider a relatively stable Bayern a bigger threat than a reckless Madrid for Eriksen's services.

I don't think he'll go to Madrid.

Barca, Juve or PSG, maybe.

I do think that he's having second thoughts about signing a new contract with us. Let's hope?

Imagine him and Alderweireld signing 3 year contracts and Levy giving the manager £100m to spend over the summer. Three, new £30-£40m signings?

I'm looking forward to next season already!

Back
Top Bottom