Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think the club were confident of him signing a contract at the end of last season when Poch went out to Denmark to have dinner with him. It didnt happen though did it.

It does seem to be the classic case of a player and agent running down his contract. Remember Eriksen has form, he did exactly the same at Ajax.

However one aspect in our favour now might be that the bigger clubs he had his eyes in may not actually be interested. If that's the case and if Levy makes a very decent contract offer then Eriksen could decide to resign

Why does everyone put so much emphasis on him running a lot?

Also doesn’t the fact that he can ping 60 yard balls on a sixpence make it all the more depressing that he’s been misplacing short passes for fun this season and his set pieces have been woeful for 2+ seasons?

Why does everyone put so much emphasis on him running a lot?

Also doesn’t the fact that he can ping 60 yard balls on a sixpence make it all the more depressing that he’s been misplacing short passes for fun this season and his set pieces have been woeful for 2+ seasons?

It's not just that he runs a lot, it's that he runs more intelligently than just about everyone else in our team.

More=good
better=good
More+better=v.good

He creates nearly double the chances of anyone else in our squad. To do that you have to take risks. We don't want every player doing this because most don't have the ability to make at least some fo them count.

He's created more than anyone in the PL I believe, since he's been with us. But he's not perfect. Nobody says he is. He's got weaknesses to his game (like most players), he's not a dribbler, he can be pressured into error, he's not as good as KDB, not as good as Pogba when he's on song - as an 8 anyway. But as a versatile footballer, who covers 2-4 different positions (CM8/10/AM) for us, he's definitely in that bunch of players just below that very top level in Europe.

Yeah, was his best game in quite a while today.

Almost as if it's coincidence that the contract talks looking promising and good performances go hand in hand, as some suspected months back.

Keep it up Christian!

I feel he is the only player we have that can seen a pass before its there, watch Dier, Toby, Jan, Winks they all have to look for the pass otherwise its sidewards or backwards. in the 2 games against city all the players gave away simple passes not sure if it was poor pass of city were sharper in thier movement

I know i have no clue what I'm talking about but he left Ajax with one year left on his contract :eriksenlol:

1) is that “running down the contact?”
2) do you know the surrounding circumstances? His contract was actually expiring, but then he made a 1 year extension to make sure Ajax would get a transfer sum.

1) is that “running down the contact?”
2) do you know the surrounding circumstances? His contract was actually expiring, but then he made a 1 year extension to make sure Ajax would get a transfer sum.
1- yes
2- yes

I don't have a problem with it tbh. It's the club's responsibility to make sure it's players don't enter into the final two years of their contracts. Once that happens the player has more power and negotiating ability. Right now Eriksen can demand pay parity with Kane or very close to it if that's what he wants. He holds the power. Fair play to him

Back
Top Bottom